R.I.P. Sven-G?ran "Svennis" Eriksson 1948-2024
anders t
2024-08-26 11:59:50 UTC
:-(
--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08
anders t
2024-08-26 12:00:51 UTC
https://www.svt.se/sport/fotboll/sven-goran-svennis-eriksson-ar-dod
Real_Mardin
2024-08-26 22:19:06 UTC
Interesting how the coverage differs from country to country.

England: Sven-Goran Eriksson managed the England team at a time when
they had some of their best players and he had an affair with Ulrika
Jonsson.

Portugal: Sven-Goran Eriksson managed Benfica, leading then to three
Portuguese league titles and he won the Portuguese Cup.

RIP Sven-Goran Eriksson.

RM
Futbolmetrix
2024-08-27 10:06:17 UTC
Post by Real_Mardin
Interesting how the coverage differs from country to country.
England: Sven-Goran Eriksson managed the England team at a time when
they had some of their best players and he had an affair with Ulrika
Jonsson.
Portugal: Sven-Goran Eriksson managed Benfica, leading then to three
Portuguese league titles and he won the Portuguese Cup.
Italy: Sven-Goran Eriksson managed Roma, Sampdoria, Fiorentina and
Lazio, He won one Serie A title, four Coppa Italias (with three
different teams), one Cup Winners' Cup and a European Super Cup. I will
remember him most fondly as Roma's coach in the 1985/86, when the
giallorossi mounted a furious comeback in the league, caught up Juventus
with two matches to go, and then fell at home to last-placed Lecce in
one of the greatest upsets in the history of Serie A. And yet, he was
very gracious in defeat: he didn't blame the ref or cosmic conspiracies.
"The ball is round, we lost, congratulations to Lecce."

He would get his revenge over Juve in the 2000 season, when his Lazio
won the scudetto on the very last day of the season thanks to Juve
slipping up in the flood of Perugia.
jlauridsen
2024-08-26 13:19:15 UTC
On Saturday Christoph Daum lost his battle against cancer, at the age of
70.
More than 900 games coached in a 30 year career. Champion in Germany,
Turkey
and Austria.
Binder Dundat
2024-08-26 23:02:39 UTC
Post by jlauridsen
On Saturday Christoph Daum lost his battle against cancer, at the age of
70.
More than 900 games coached in a 30 year career. Champion in Germany,
Turkey
and Austria.
Not a lot of coverage of this anywhere including Germany. I did not see
anything on the kicker site. Possibly due to him being a cocaine
enthusiast.
Real_Mardin
2024-08-26 23:18:36 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by jlauridsen
On Saturday Christoph Daum lost his battle against cancer, at the age of
70.
More than 900 games coached in a 30 year career. Champion in Germany,
Turkey
and Austria.
Not a lot of coverage of this anywhere including Germany. I did not see
anything on the kicker site. Possibly due to him being a cocaine
enthusiast.
Some kind write ups for Daum on some of the Turkish news sites,
apparently he used to join in with singing the Turkish national anthem
before matches. He won the Turkish league once with Besiktas and twice
with Fenerbahçe and also won the Turkish Cup with Besiktas.

RIP Christoph Daum.

RM
jlauridsen
2024-08-27 08:10:36 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by jlauridsen
On Saturday Christoph Daum lost his battle against cancer, at the age of
70.
More than 900 games coached in a 30 year career. Champion in Germany,
Turkey
and Austria.
Not a lot of coverage of this anywhere including Germany. I did not see
anything on the kicker site. Possibly due to him being a cocaine
enthusiast.
There was coverage Sunday:
https://www.kicker.de/christoph-daum-ist-gestorben-1046518/artikel
https://www.kicker.de/er-war-in-sachen-fussball-bis-zuletzt-streitbar-und-leidenschaftlich-1046536/artikel
(great pic at the top of the article)
Also a video and some paywalled stuff.

Wolfsburg - Bayern was played with black armbands (along with many more
games, I assume).
FF
2024-08-29 02:28:16 UTC
:-(
He was one of the first high-profile football figures to publicly call
for the video ref. As can be seen on my old page

http://fairfootball.com/video_ref.htm

So, even more, RIP.