UCL 24
Add Reply
Binder Dundat
2024-09-17 03:01:27 UTC
I seem to be less interested in the start of the UCl than I normally am.
There is not one good looking match tomorrow. And tey got three days
of mathces and noen of them look interesting. This new adding teams
thing has not worked.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-17 18:37:32 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
I seem to be less interested in the start of the UCl than I normally am.
 There is not one good looking match tomorrow.   And tey got three days
of mathces and noen of them look interesting. This new adding teams
thing has not worked.
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.

I mean come on, San Marino vs Liechtenstein was more interesting than
these games!
Futbolmetrix
2024-09-17 20:04:12 UTC
New UCL format is great!
Jesper Lauridsen
2024-09-17 20:14:16 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
How about only playing 45 minutes per match? That way we can watch more
matches. Plus some other benefits.
Werner Pichler
2024-09-17 21:04:55 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.

Might we see more big teams going pedal to the metal for 90
minutes because of the new system?

Ciao,
Werner
Binder Dundat
2024-09-18 00:47:56 UTC
So these 9-2 type scores shows how competitive the 100 first round games
will be, yes this new format has changed everything. I can tell you
right now which teams will be advancing to next round.
This is nothing but a cash grab by UEFA to make more money with more
meaningless games.

I want to see games like Colo Colo vs River Plate, close games,
competitive games.
Werner
MH
2024-09-18 03:08:10 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.
Might we see more big teams going pedal to the metal for 90
minutes because of the new system?
COuld be, but I am having trouble wrapping my mind around what kind of
points totals will be needed to qualify for each echelon.
Would 5 wins be enough to in the top 8 (and three losses)?
Presumably winning all your home games would get you at least in the top
24, if not in the top 16 ?

Just wondering if some middling teams who get off to a good start will
start parking the bus in away games to try to get draws. Away draws are
likely to be quite valuable for all but the top 5-6 teams, no ?.
Post by Werner Pichler
Ciao,
Werner
Werner Pichler
2024-09-18 07:22:47 UTC
Post by MH
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.
Might we see more big teams going pedal to the metal for 90
minutes because of the new system?
COuld be, but I am having trouble wrapping my mind around what kind of
points totals will be needed to qualify for each echelon.
Would 5 wins be enough to in the top 8 (and three losses)?
Presumably winning all your home games would get you at least in the top
24, if not in the top 16 ?
Just wondering if some middling teams who get off to a good start will
start parking the bus in away games to try to get draws. Away draws are
likely to be quite valuable for all but the top 5-6 teams, no ?.
https://x.com/fmeetsdata/status/1835064336508698685

My feeling is that draws will be of less worth than
before because unlike in a 4-team group you don’t
take points off a direct rival anymore.

You can’t get the 9 points likely needed for qualification with draws -
three 1-0 wins and six
heavy defeats would be better.

Ciao,
Werner
Futbolmetrix
2024-09-18 19:12:20 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
My feeling is that draws will be of less worth than
before because unlike in a 4-team group you don’t
take points off a direct rival anymore.
Bologna and Shakhtar didn't get the memo (I actually didn't see the
match, so don't know what type of 0-0 it was)
Binder Dundat
2024-09-18 19:50:07 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Werner Pichler
My feeling is that draws will be of less worth than
before because unlike in a 4-team group you don’t
take points off a direct rival anymore.
Bologna and Shakhtar didn't get the memo (I actually didn't see the
match, so don't know what type of 0-0 it was)
It was terrible, like all the other matches in the 100 match is supposed
to be so much more exciting group phase.

Celtic is actually winning in thier match. unless this is the 1960s,
this is not a real football liga!

The match I am watching is Haaland 0 - 0 Inter HT. Yeah boring as the
score suggests. Actually Inter doing a good job, almost an Italian job,
on Haaland.
Futbolmetrix
2024-09-22 23:50:31 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by MH
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.
Might we see more big teams going pedal to the metal for 90
minutes because of the new system?
COuld be, but I am having trouble wrapping my mind around what kind of
points totals will be needed to qualify for each echelon.
Would 5 wins be enough to in the top 8 (and three losses)?
Presumably winning all your home games would get you at least in the top
24, if not in the top 16 ?
https://x.com/fmeetsdata/status/1835064336508698685
I'm getting the following:

<=6 points: qualification probability 0%
7 points: 0.3%
8 points: 8.9%
9 points: 51.1%
10 points: 92.6%
11 points: 99.9%
12+ points: 100%

Top 8 probabilities:
<= 12 points: 0%
13 points: 0.4%
14 points: 11.7%
15 points: 50.4%
16 points: 88.8%
17 points: 99.3%
18 points: 99.9%
19 points: 100%

Jesper Lauridsen
The goal bonanze seems to have dried up a bit.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-18 21:19:12 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.
The goal bonanze seems to have dried up a bit.
Most boring Championsliga group stage ever. And how can I take this
liga seriously when teams like Celtic are winning matches!?!?!??!!?

What a terrible boring match.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-19 22:11:18 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.
The goal bonanze seems to have dried up a bit.
Most boring Championsliga group stage ever.  And how can I take this
liga seriously when teams like Celtic are winning matches!?!?!??!!?
What a terrible boring match.
What is it with WWEpl teams playing 0-0 draws? They are more goal shy
and boring than the English national team.
Werner Pichler
2024-09-19 23:49:28 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
Early results suggest we will see a Juve vs Aston Villa final, but there
still are about 800 games to go.
New UCL format is great!
4.67 goals per match so far.
The goal bonanze seems to have dried up a bit.
Most boring Championsliga group stage ever.  And how can I take this
liga seriously when teams like Celtic are winning matches!?!?!??!!?
What a terrible boring match.
What is it with WWEpl teams playing 0-0 draws?  They are more goal shy
and boring than the English national team.
I'd have gladly taken two 0-0 draws.

Ciao,
Werner