Fantasy Scout - Chat thread, April 2019
milivella
2019-04-03 23:31:52 UTC
[The rules of this thread are simple: write what you want, reply if
you want, ignore if you have to.]

---

A couple of things about the March score update.

Oddities in the Spain matches:
- 9 FS players started against Norway, 2 Spanish starters scored. The 2
scorers were the only 2 non-FS starters.
- The following 1st cycle players got points:
Player - Previous cap
Navas - 2014 March
Muniain - 2012 March
Canales - none!
Canales' points made Enzo leapfrog Jesus in the predicted final ranking.

The Fair Play award goes to Alberto, who told me that I had given to his
pick Miguel Borja a Cristian Borja's cap.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-05 19:14:44 UTC
Klopp: "He [Virgil van Dijk] was the same level at Southampton, but the
whole world was not watching."
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11684541/jurgen-klopp-says-liverpool-are-a-proper-force

Believe me, Juergen, _someone_ was watching.

--
Cheers
milivella
MH
2019-04-06 00:24:14 UTC
Post by milivella
Klopp: "He [Virgil van Dijk] was the same level at Southampton, but the
whole world was not watching."
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11684541/jurgen-klopp-says-liverpool-are-a-proper-force
Believe me, Juergen, _someone_ was watching.
Did you pick him while he was still with Celtic, or after the move to
Southampton ?

I recall he already looked pretty darn good with Celtic, even in CL games.
Post by milivella
--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-10 12:26:38 UTC
Post by MH
Post by milivella
Klopp: "He [Virgil van Dijk] was the same level at Southampton, but
the whole world was not watching."
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11684541/jurgen-klopp-says-liverpool-are-a-proper-force
Believe me, Juergen, _someone_ was watching.
Did you pick him while he was still with Celtic, or after the move to
Southampton ?
It will be soon (soonish...) be possible to answer this kind of
questions directly from the FS site. Anyway, I picked him in November
2015, a couple of months after his move to Southamption. I was already
following him when he was at Celtic, though. Here is my file on VVD:
Virgil van Dijk, 1991
2014.09.06 "Other promising youngsters at the back include centre-backs
Joel Veltman and Virgil van Dijk" (Goal.com)
2015.11.04 "10.000.000 € market value" (transfermarkt.com)
2015.11.04 In the Netherlands preliminary squad for November 2015
friendlies. And he already has 2 caps...
2015.11.04 He is young (24), he is getting better and better, and he
already has 2 caps. Quite a safe pick (I hope!).

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-07 20:05:23 UTC
God made him.
https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/bai4y1/watford_12_wolverhampton_delofeu_79_fa_cup/

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-20 18:08:35 UTC
https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/bfciwo/huddersfiel_01_watford_deulofeu/

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-21 14:52:54 UTC
milivella Fantasy Scout Football Club destroyed Pogba's Manchester
United. Richarlison started the party with a wonderful overhead kick
goal, Walcott ended it.

(of course I'm just diverting attention from the news that Higuain
failed so much that Chelsea are giving him back to Juve...)

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-10 12:28:57 UTC
"20 - Since the start of last season, only Cristiano Ronaldo (24) has
been directly involved in more goals in the Champions League than
Liverpool's Roberto Firmino (20 - 12 goals, 8 assists). Provider. #LIVPOR"
https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1115693159567245320

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-27 18:53:51 UTC
Binder's 5th cycle picks are on fire. Havertz and Sancho may be the best
teen players in the world right now. However, Binder picked only four
players. Too few?

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-05-09 20:00:48 UTC
Post by milivella
Binder's 5th cycle picks are on fire. Havertz and Sancho may be the best
teen players in the world right now.
Also Binder's 2nd cycle pick Lucas Moura is not in a bad moment...

--
Cheers
milivella