The time machine at the Brazilian Football confederation strikes again
Add Reply
Mark
2024-09-18 15:51:48 UTC
From the RSSSF Archive:

"On 25/Aug/2023, CBF recognized the 1937 State Champions' Cup (Copa dos
Campeões Estaduais) as the first Brazilian Championship."

So somebody's gone back in time and changed history again. We're back
to Atletico Mineiro being the first ever Champions of Brazil, just like
they were between 1971 and the last time CBF changed history!
Jesus Petry
2024-09-18 16:43:09 UTC
Post by Mark
"On 25/Aug/2023, CBF recognized the 1937 State Champions' Cup (Copa dos
Campeões Estaduais) as the first Brazilian Championship."
So somebody's gone back in time and changed history again. We're back
to Atletico Mineiro being the first ever Champions of Brazil, just like
they were between 1971 and the last time CBF changed history!
Well, if you're going to be silly, at least do it all the way.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2024-09-18 19:34:09 UTC
Post by Mark
"On 25/Aug/2023, CBF recognized the 1937 State Champions' Cup (Copa dos
Campeões Estaduais) as the first Brazilian Championship."
So somebody's gone back in time and changed history again. We're back
to Atletico Mineiro being the first ever Champions of Brazil, just like
they were between 1971 and the last time CBF changed history!
 Well, if you're going to be silly, at least do it all the way.
Just to clarify, as I notice my answer seemed a bit ambiguous:

I'm talking about CBF's silliness, and how at least they've seemed to
go all the way with it, not stopping with Taça Brasil's titles addition.

 Tchau!
 Jesus Petry
Lléo
2024-09-19 04:31:18 UTC
Post by Mark
"On 25/Aug/2023, CBF recognized the 1937 State Champions' Cup (Copa dos
Campeões Estaduais) as the first Brazilian Championship."
So somebody's gone back in time and changed history again. We're back
to Atletico Mineiro being the first ever Champions of Brazil, just like
they were between 1971 and the last time CBF changed history!
  Well, if you're going to be silly, at least do it all the way.
 I'm talking about CBF's silliness, and how at least they've seemed to
go all the way with it, not stopping with Taça Brasil's titles addition.
Yeah. I can see the reasoning (even if I still strongly disagree) about
Taça Brasil (IMHO it should be counted as a national cup, not as a
league, well not that it matters), but this 1937 thing is just... silly.
Basically a regional cup with a Navy (!) team as an invitee.

I mean, you find things like that by the dozen at RSSSF Brasil. Here are
a few examples:

https://rsssfbrasil.com/tablessz/tccn1948.htm (Torneio Campeão dos
Campeões do Norte 1948)
https://rsssfbrasil.com/tablesfq/ne1948.htm (Torneio dos Campeões do
Nordeste 1948)
https://rsssfbrasil.com/tablesfq/nne1952.htm (Torneio dos Campeões do
Norte-Nordeste 1952)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So, league titles to Náutico, Moto Clube and a further one for
Bahia? Actually, I better not give them ideas :-)

Best regards,

Lléo
Ammammata
2024-09-19 06:32:08 UTC
Post by Mark
"On 25/Aug/2023, CBF recognized the 1937 State Champions' Cup (Copa dos
Campeões Estaduais) as the first Brazilian Championship."
So somebody's gone back in time and changed history again. We're back
to Atletico Mineiro being the first ever Champions of Brazil, just like
they were between 1971 and the last time CBF changed history!
I'm still waiting to get back the 1926-27 scudetto...

http://www.archiviotoro.it/a/stg.asp?anno=1926/1927
--