Use-The-NT 2024
Add Reply
Werner Pichler
2024-08-30 16:50:33 UTC
Are we doing that again this year?

And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include Conference
League games. There are more than enough matches and teams available as
it is in Champions and Europa League, and the Conference League schedule
doesn't align with the other two either.

We'd also need to take the two exclusive weeks into account (September
17-19 when there are only CL matches, and September 25-26 with only EL
games) - I guess we could combine those two weeks into one long UtN
matchday?

And of course we'd have to have the final round with double points on
Matchday 8, not 6, which dilutes a bit its importance.

Ciao,
Werner
Blueshirt
2024-08-30 20:05:45 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include
Conference League games. There are more than enough matches
and teams available as it is in Champions and Europa League,
and the Conference League schedule doesn't align with the
other two either.
NOT INCLUDE the UEFA Conference League games?! <cough, splutter>
That's elitist! You'd be excluding one of the best teams in
European competition of recent years. Outrageous!
Werner Pichler
2024-08-30 21:16:18 UTC
Post by Blueshirt
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include
Conference League games. There are more than enough matches
and teams available as it is in Champions and Europa League,
and the Conference League schedule doesn't align with the
other two either.
NOT INCLUDE the UEFA Conference League games?! <cough, splutter>
That's elitist! You'd be excluding one of the best teams in
European competition of recent years. Outrageous!
With two Austrian and two Swiss teams in the ConfL I'm also shooting
my own Alpine Wonderland team in the foot. But the schedule issue is
a real one.

Ciao,
Werner
MH
2024-08-31 02:05:18 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Blueshirt
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include
Conference League games. There are more than enough matches
and teams available as it is in Champions and Europa League,
and the Conference League schedule doesn't align with the
other two either.
NOT INCLUDE the UEFA Conference League games?! <cough, splutter>
That's elitist! You'd be excluding one of the best teams in
European competition of recent years. Outrageous!
With two Austrian and two Swiss teams in the ConfL I'm also shooting
my own Alpine Wonderland team in the foot. But the schedule issue is
a real one.
Why are schedule issues a problem given that you can pick an entirely
different team each week ? In weeks only the Europa is playing, you
would pick only Europa league players.
Post by Werner Pichler
Ciao,
Werner
Werner Pichler
2024-08-30 21:55:09 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
Also, I guess no Group Phase SophCons anymore?
Admittedly, probably a bit boring with the new system.

Ciao,
Werner
Werner
MH
2024-08-31 02:03:46 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
Also, I guess no Group Phase SophCons anymore?
Admittedly, probably a bit boring with the new system.
I suppose you could do one like the one Anders runs for the EPL.
Predict finishing places 1-4, 5-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-36.

Or do that and integrate with later rounds into one big competition ?
Post by Werner Pichler
Ciao,
Werner
Werner
Futbolmetrix
2024-08-30 22:07:35 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include Conference
League games.
Hmmm...
Post by Werner Pichler
There are more than enough matches and teams available as
it is in Champions and Europa League,
It's only four more teams in each competition...
Post by Werner Pichler
and the Conference League schedule
doesn't align with the other two either.
This is more of a problem. Let's look at the calendars:

17-19 September: UChL
25-26 Sep: UEL
1-3 Oct: UChL, UEL, UCoL
22-24 Oct: UChL, UEL, UCoL
5-7 Nov: UChL, UEL, UCoL
26-28 Nov: UChL, UEL, UCoL
10-12 Dec: UChL, UEL, UCoL
19 Dec: UCoL
21-23 Jan: UchL, UEL
29-30 Jan: UchL, UEL
Post by Werner Pichler
We'd also need to take the two exclusive weeks into account (September
17-19 when there are only CL matches, and September 25-26 with only EL
games) - I guess we could combine those two weeks into one long UtN
matchday?
Based on the above, one could include the ConfLeague in the 5 matchdays
where they coincide.
Post by Werner Pichler
And of course we'd have to have the final round with double points on
Matchday 8, not 6, which dilutes a bit its importance.
An alternative would be to ditch the Conference League and the first
matchday, and have only 7 matchdays
MH
2024-08-31 02:01:47 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include Conference
League games. There are more than enough matches and teams available as
it is in Champions and Europa League, and the Conference League schedule
doesn't align with the other two either.
I think I would second that
Werner
MH
2024-09-16 14:56:01 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include Conference
League games. There are more than enough matches and teams available as
it is in Champions and Europa League, and the Conference League schedule
doesn't align with the other two either.
We'd also need to take the two exclusive weeks into account (September
17-19 when there are only CL matches, and September 25-26 with only EL
games) - I guess we could combine those two weeks into one long UtN
matchday?
And of course we'd have to have the final round with double points on
Matchday 8, not 6, which dilutes a bit its importance.
Ciao,
Werner
I have not seen any further posts on this. I am game to put in some
entries if other people are.
Werner Pichler
2024-09-16 22:31:29 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we doing that again this year?
And if we do, I'd put the motion forward to no longer include Conference
League games. There are more than enough matches and teams available as
it is in Champions and Europa League, and the Conference League schedule
doesn't align with the other two either.
We'd also need to take the two exclusive weeks into account (September
17-19 when there are only CL matches, and September 25-26 with only EL
games) - I guess we could combine those two weeks into one long UtN
matchday?
And of course we'd have to have the final round with double points on
Matchday 8, not 6, which dilutes a bit its importance.
Ciao,
Werner
I have not seen any further posts on this.  I am game to put in some
entries if other people are.
I'd be in with the usual Brexit Bungs and Alpine Wonderland, but I think
it's best, as Daniele suggested, to ditch the first CL and EL matchdays
and have seven rounds in total

17-19 September: UChL
25-26 Sep: UEL
x 1-3 Oct: UChL, UEL, UCoL
x 22-24 Oct: UChL, UEL, UCoL
x 5-7 Nov: UChL, UEL, UCoL
x 26-28 Nov: UChL, UEL, UCoL
x 10-12 Dec: UChL, UEL, UCoL
19 Dec: UCoL
x 21-23 Jan: UchL, UEL
x (x2) 29-30 Jan: UchL, UEL

And I've come around - let's include the ConfL on those five
matchdays, why not.

Ciao,
Werner
MH
[...]