Nations leagues R
Add Reply
Binder Dundat
2024-09-03 22:45:49 UTC
Real football is back after that 2 week break for club football. The
hottest teams in club football are Barcelona, Heidenheim and Haaland but
still a lot of games to go. Apparently they start the club football
right after the nations leagues finish?

Not everyone is doing Nationsligas. S AMerica and Asia are doing WC
qualifying. Also I dont see Kanada, Mexico or USA playing any CONCACAF
Nationsliga games?

UEFA is going full force though, Lots of matches which I think somehow
can get you qualified for the EUROs or possibly even the WC? It is
kinda funny to see Scotland in the UEFA A-liga while England is in the
B-liga.

UEFA
Day one matches

Thursday 5 September 2024
17:00 BST
Azerbaijan
Sweden

19:45 BST
Belarus
Bulgaria

19:45 BST
Denmark
Switzerland

19:45 BST
Estonia
Slovakia

19:45 BST
Northern Ireland
Luxembourg

19:45 BST
Portugal
Croatia

19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein

19:45 BST
Scotland
Poland

19:45 BST
Serbia
Spain

Nations League
Friday 6 September 2024
15:00 BST
Kazakhstan
Norway

17:00 BST
Lithuania
Cyprus

19:45 BST
Belgium
Israel

19:45 BST
France
Italy

19:45 BST
Iceland
Montenegro

19:45 BST
Kosovo
Romania

19:45 BST
Slovenia
Austria

19:45 BST
Wales
Turkey

Nations League
Saturday 7 September 2024
14:00 BST
Faroe Islands
North Macedonia

17:00 BST
Armenia
Latvia

17:00 BST
Georgia
Czech Republic

17:00 BST
Moldova
Malta

17:00 BST
Rep of Ireland
England

19:45 BST
Germany
Hungary

19:45 BST
Greece
Finland

19:45 BST
Netherlands
Bosnia-Herzegovina

19:45 BST
Ukraine
Albania

CONCACAF and CAF are still only in the qualifying stages of the Nations
leagues. I am not sure how it all works for them. But lots of games
between places you have never heard of.

Far too many WC games in ASIA and So America for me to include, but some
interesting WC qualifiers.
I wont say Brasil are in danger of not qualifying for the WC, but they
are in the last qualifying spot of the qualifying group close to the
halfway point. Two wins though and things will look different. But
anyhow, the biggest match in WC qualifying is the local derby between
American Samoa and Samoa. Japan v China looks like a good derby as well.
Werner Pichler
2024-09-05 15:33:32 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Japan v China looks like a good derby as well.
Oh my. Football is big in China, right?

Ciao,
Werner
Binder Dundat
2024-09-05 19:05:29 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Binder Dundat
Japan v China looks like a good derby as well.
Oh my. Football is big in China, right?
Ciao,
Werner
Yeah, but Japan is the hottest team in football.

For those who missed the derby
Japan 7 - 0 China
Real_Mardin
2024-09-05 18:01:33 UTC
No UK broadcasting deal for the Nations League other than for matches
involving the home nations. Apparently the rights are still with
Viaplay, who left the UK market earlier this year. That said, if the
tournament was well regarded enough surely someone would have boaught
the rights from Viaplay? Not even the prize of four World Cup qualifying
playoff spots could generate enough interest.

RM
Binder Dundat
2024-09-05 18:31:19 UTC
Up here on the Iceberg, DAZN is broadcasting all the matches. DAZN
also has the Champions league rights, but lost the WWEpl rights two
years ago to FUBO tv.
Post by Real_Mardin
No UK broadcasting deal for the Nations League other than for matches
involving the home nations. Apparently the rights are still with
Viaplay, who left the UK market earlier this year. That said, if the
tournament was well regarded enough surely someone would have boaught
the rights from Viaplay? Not even the prize of four World Cup qualifying
playoff spots could generate enough interest.
Up here on the Iceberg, DAZN is broadcasting all the matches. DAZN
also has the Champions league rights, but lost the WWEpl rights two
years ago to FUBO tv. I see that UEFA.tv is showing the matches in -I
assume- countries that do not have any broadcasts?

So as far as UEFA goes, at this moment, the hottest team in the
Nationsliga is Sweden. AS for CONCACAF, the hottest team now is Anguilla.

Coming up soon.

19:45 BST
Belarus
Bulgaria

19:45 BST
Denmark
Switzerland
Interesting match up

19:45 BST
Estonia
Slovakia

19:45 BST
Northern Ireland
Luxembourg

19:45 BST
Portugal
Croatia

The biggest question in football now, is Ronaldo just a shill for mens
hair dye and computer button presser or is he still playing football?
WEll, he is starting this match.

19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein

19:45 BST
Scotland
Poland

I think this is an A group match.

19:45 BST
Serbia
Spain

Is Spain still the hottest team in football?

I am not sure what match to watch? But it will probably be Port v Croat.
RM
Jesper Lauridsen
2024-09-05 20:00:08 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein
1-0 at 55 mins! First ever competetive win for San Marino coming up?
Binder Dundat
2024-09-05 21:03:57 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein
1-0 at 55 mins! First ever competetive win for San Marino coming up?
I did not know it, but yes.

FT
Belarus
0
Bulgaria
0

FT
Denmark
2
Switzerland
0
There seemed to be some bad blood between Xaka and Hojberg, not sure
what happened? But good result for the Danes

FT
Estonia
0
Slovakia
1

FT
Northern Ireland
2
Luxembourg
0

FT
Portugal
2
Croatia
1
Ronaldo not only played but scored the game winning goal! Not only the
game winning goal, but his 900th goal of his career.

FT
San Marino
1
Liechtenstein
0

FT
Scotland
2
Poland
3
The Wee Scots gave away a late penalty that gave Poland the 3-2 win

FT
Serbia
0
Spain
0

FT
Azerbaijan
1
Sweden
3
Binder Dundat
2024-09-06 01:08:24 UTC
There was some CONCACAF Nationsliga games, the most interesting being
Costa Rica 0 - 0 Guadeloupe HT

But also the WC qfs are on with the big Derby match starting at 10 PM
normal time between the Samoans. Which Samoa will make the next WC?????

Bolivia won today at altitude at home 4-0 vs Venezuela

Currently the Argies are up to their dirty tricks and the Chileans are
getting sucked in a bit, but 0-0 at the half. I dont trust the Argie
coach for Chile.

Argies with most of the play and chances, but the best chance actually
was a Chilean header going off the post late in the half. No Messi for
the Argies and the Chileans have some new faces, they even have an Osorio.
3
jlauridsen
2024-09-06 13:29:36 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
FT
Denmark
2
Switzerland
0
There seemed to be some bad blood between Xaka and Hojberg, not sure
what happened? But good result for the Danes
After the red card, Switzerland went into full time wasting mode, hoping
to hold on to the 0-0. Embolo went to floor after a duel at the
centerline. Play naturally continued, and Denmark played the ball up the
opposite wing and got the 1-0. A group of Swiss players, lead by Xhaka,
barged in on the celebrations, claiming play should have been stopped.
Ref did the usual "same number of cards to both teams", despite the
Swiss, and especially Xhaka, being the aggressors. Xhaka kept on
screaming at the ref and Højbjerg long after being booked.

Embolo miraculously recovered, and shortly after did a retaliation foul
that he *only* so yellow. Xhaka followed up with a retaliation on
Højbjerg, that earned him his second yellow. Højbjerg then went on to
score the 2-0.
Futbolmetrix
2024-09-06 13:51:15 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein
1-0 at 55 mins! First ever competetive win for San Marino coming up?
I did not know it, but yes.
That's it? Only one line for this historic result? The San Marina FA fan
account on Twitter/X is having a field day:

https://x.com/SanMarino_FA
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 13:53:40 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein
1-0 at 55 mins! First ever competetive win for San Marino coming up?
  I did not know it, but yes.
That's it? Only one line for this historic result? The San Marina FA fan
https://x.com/SanMarino_FA
Now little Faroe islands leads North macedonia 1-0 at HT. Isnt this the
same N Macedonia that was knocking Italy and England out of WC's?
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 16:06:21 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
19:45 BST
San Marino
Liechtenstein
1-0 at 55 mins! First ever competetive win for San Marino coming up?
  I did not know it, but yes.
That's it? Only one line for this historic result? The San Marina FA fan
https://x.com/SanMarino_FA
Now little Faroe islands leads North macedonia 1-0 at HT.  Isnt this the
same N Macedonia that was knocking Italy and England out of WC's?
In the end it they could only get a draw 1-1 FT

Another heated derby match kicking off in the B division, between
Ireland and England. This may be as big as the Samoan derby, with just
as much venom.
The new English approach is to appoint a foreign manager matching the
nationality of the team they are facing for each new match. We are
expecting Jari Litmannen to be appointed new English manager after this
match.

A division matches to follow.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 16:19:29 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
[...]
They are also incorporating players from the countries they will be
playing into the squad, which worked as Irishman Declan Rice scores for
England. Which is great tactics. We expect Jari Litmannen to be playing
for England next match.

Are there any Irish players who play club football in a top division?
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 16:33:38 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
[...]
This new English tactic is genius! Another Irishman scores to make it
2-0 for England.

Are there any Irish players who have played football in a professional
league?
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 18:12:51 UTC
So finally the top match of round 1 between Germany and Hungaria.
Though I have no faith in J_Nag as a manager of any adult team, he at
least picked Wirtz in his starting line up. Though he left Beier on the
bench. He really should be trying out young players like him in these
kind of matches. More or less same average looking starting line up as
in the EUROs. With of course, no more Neuer, so ter Stegen gets the
start. And though I do feel for ter Stegen for never getting a chance
while Neuer was around, I dont think he is the top goalie now either.
But keeper is not the problem with Germany, it is the other 9 players on
the pitch.

At least it looks like an attacking line up.

Aufstellung

Deutschland

ter Stegen - Kimmich, Tah, N. Schlotterbeck, Raum - Andrich, P. Groß,
Wirtz, Havertz, Musiala - Füllkrug

Ungarn

Gulacsi - Balogh, Orban, M. Dardai - Nego, Schäfer, A. Nagy, Kerkez,
Sallai, Szoboszlai - Varga
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Binder Dundat
2024-09-08 12:22:41 UTC
So finally the top match of round 1 between Germany and Hungaria. Though
I have no faith in J_Nag as a manager of any adult team, he at least
picked Wirtz in his starting line up.  Though he left Beier on the
bench.  He really should be trying out young players like him in these
kind of matches.  More or less same average looking starting line up as
in the EUROs.  With of course, no more Neuer, so ter Stegen gets the
start.  And though I do feel for ter Stegen for never getting a chance
while Neuer was around, I dont think he is the top goalie now either.
But keeper is not the problem with Germany, it is the other 9 players on
the pitch.
At least it looks like an attacking line up.
So Germany won 5-0 and J_nag is a genius and hero and all of Germany has
got NT fever after hosting the Euros. Musiala will get all the credit
for his goal and assists, but Wirtz impresses me more. Havertz, who
seems to score easily in the WWEpl, can not score for Germany unless it
is a PK. For me, he seems to think he is Ozil, but he doesnt have that
kinda skill, he might still improve though. Schlotterbeck, who I like as
a player, is just not really a great defender, but again, maybe he seems
to be learning and improving. Raum had a lot of Raum on the left side
and used it well and he could control the ball. Kimmich is the new
captain and with the departure of Kroos and Muller and Gundogan they are
now a youngish team. If Germany win vs the Dutch on Tuesday, than maybe
J_Nag should remain.

So Canada won 2-1 vs USA for the first time in ages and J_Mar is a
genius and hero and all of Canada has WC fever with hosting the upcoming
WC-except no one really knows about it yet. I watched the 2nd half, on
'merican tv and the commentators were down on there US team. I thought
the USA team were dirty, lots of cheap fouls and late elbows and that
kinda thing. Very poor USA team, they have Pulisic and no one else. On
paper Kanada have a far better team, with better players in almost every
position. David may not be the flashiest player, but he is a very
reliable finisher, I even like the Kanadian keeper. Canada play Mexico
in the USA on tuesday. DOnt know why they cant play on the Iceberg, it
is not winter here yet.
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Jesper Lauridsen
2024-09-08 17:09:16 UTC
Denmark - Serbia at Euros was so good that they decided to have a
rematch. But something went wrong and there was a goal in the first half.
https://streamin.me/v/2b3f5bda

It's an EPL ref crew so the VAR check took 4 minutes.
Jesper Lauridsen
2024-09-08 18:05:05 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Denmark - Serbia at Euros was so good that they decided to have a
rematch. But something went wrong and there was a goal in the first half.
https://streamin.me/v/2b3f5bda
And one in the second https://streamin.me/v/50ad1557

Nobody saw that coming.

2-0 FT

Elsewhere Liechtenstein has a goal called off at 90+2, and then
Gibraltar makes it 2-1 at 90+7. 90+14 penalty for Liechtenstein and it's
2-2 FT.
Futbolmetrix
San Marino still in first place!
Binder Dundat
2024-09-09 18:47:34 UTC
Topspiel today is
Austria vs Haaland. Which I think is B level?
I suppose France v Belgium could be interesting, but they are both
declining teams.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-09 19:01:54 UTC
Haaland score early and it was not even Haaland scoring! But to be fair
Norway have other good players like Odegaard and Sorloth, while his
WWEpl team have no one else but him.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-09 19:40:37 UTC
Haaland score early and it was not even Haaland scoring!  But to be fair
Norway have other good players like Odegaard and Sorloth, while his
WWEpl team have no one else but him.
1-1 HT, I didnt see the tieing goal for Austria, but waht I have seen is
that Austria are too quick and strong and physical for the Haalands.
Binder Dundat
2024-09-09 20:47:55 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Haaland score early and it was not even Haaland scoring!  But to be
fair Norway have other good players like Odegaard and Sorloth, while
his WWEpl team have no one else but him.
1-1 HT, I didnt see the tieing goal for Austria, but waht I have seen is
that Austria are too quick and strong and physical for the Haalands.
Does the WWEpl now supply the world with VARobots? Not only does it
take them 4 mins to make a call, they get it wrong most of the time.

Haalnad 2 - 1 Austria FT

Haaland actually scored this time
Werner Pichler
2024-09-10 08:01:16 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Haaland score early and it was not even Haaland scoring!  But to be
fair Norway have other good players like Odegaard and Sorloth, while
his WWEpl team have no one else but him.
1-1 HT, I didnt see the tieing goal for Austria, but waht I have seen is
that Austria are too quick and strong and physical for the Haalands.
Does the WWEpl now supply the world with VARobots? Not only does it
take them 4 mins to make a call, they get it wrong most of the time.
Haalnad 2 - 1 Austria FT
Haaland actually scored this time
Probably Austria’s worst match under Rangnick.
Post-Euro blues or something deeper? We’ll see.

Ciao,
Werner
Mark
2024-09-10 14:30:33 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Denmark - Serbia at Euros was so good that they decided to have
a rematch. But something went wrong and there was a goal in the
first half.
https://streamin.me/v/2b3f5bda
And one in the second https://streamin.me/v/50ad1557
Nobody saw that coming.
2-0 FT
Elsewhere Liechtenstein has a goal called off at 90+2, and then
Gibraltar makes it 2-1 at 90+7. 90+14 penalty for Liechtenstein
and it's 2-2 FT.
San Marino still in first place!
A few surprises in Asia/Africa:

South Korea 0 Palestine 0
Australia 0 Bahrain 1
Saudi Arabia held to a draw at home by Indonesia (I think it was 1-1)
Ghana 0 Angola 1

Ghana are my 20th favourite team so I was not pleased about the last
one! Angola are about the 92nd best team in the world!
Binder Dundat
2024-09-10 18:32:37 UTC
It seems like the nationsliga just started and yet here we are at the
thrilling conclusion and Final between Germany and Holland. After this
all that is left is going back to club football and the the never ending
meaningless games they play week after week.

I would say the VARobots have been terrible in this version of the
Nationsliga, I really hope they stop using it next time.

In CONCACAF, Canada play mexico late tonight. I think this is a good
time for Canada to beat Mexico
Binder Dundat
2024-09-11 02:01:58 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
It seems like the nationsliga just started and yet here we are at the
thrilling conclusion and Final between Germany and Holland.  After this
all that is left is going back to club football and the the never ending
meaningless games they play week after week.
I would say the VARobots have been terrible in this version of the
Nationsliga, I really hope they stop using it next time.
In CONCACAF, Canada play mexico late tonight.  I think this is a good
time for Canada to beat Mexico
0-0 HT,

This Mexican team is as dirty as Dutchmen, non stop fouling by the
Mexicans.
Post by Binder Dundat
Binder Dundat
2024-09-11 17:09:53 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
It seems like the nationsliga just started and yet here we are at the
thrilling conclusion and Final between Germany and Holland.  After this
all that is left is going back to club football and the the never ending
meaningless games they play week after week.
The thrilling final ended 2-2, but not to worry, there are still more
games to come. I would say the big winner of the Nationsliga is J-Nag,
the team is playing better football, no one missed the departed old guys
and he has a real talent in Wirtz to build a team around. Defensively
they still need to find better players, but the team looks better than
it did a year ago.
Post by Binder Dundat
I would say the VARobots have been terrible in this version of the
Nationsliga, I really hope they stop using it next time.
In CONCACAF, Canada play mexico late tonight.  I think this is a good
time for Canada to beat Mexico
I thought Canada looked the better team, it did end 0-0 but J-Mar did
makes some changes to the line up for this match. Canada just might be
the best team in the Rockingest confederation at the moment. Hell they
are the 4th best team in CONMEBOL.
Post by Binder Dundat
Mark
2024-09-12 14:44:08 UTC
Post by Mark
South Korea 0 Palestine 0
Australia 0 Bahrain 1
Saudi Arabia held to a draw at home by Indonesia (I think it was
1-1) Ghana 0 Angola 1
Ghana are my 20th favourite team so I was not pleased about the
last one! Angola are about the 92nd best team in the world!
Ghana followed that defeat up with a a 1-1 draw with Niger, about the
128th best team in the world.

Australia also only drew away against Indonesia.

Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 18:15:03 UTC
Are Georgia the hottest team in the UEFA Nationsliga?

FT
Armenia
4
Latvia
1

FT
Georgia
4
Czech Republic
1

FT
Moldova
2
Malta
0

FT
Rep of Ireland
0
England
2

FT
Faroe Islands
1
North Macedonia
1
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 19:40:50 UTC
SO at HT in Match A3-4 it is 1-0.

For those who have forgotten, this is re-match of the WM final a few
years back in Switzerland. It is hard to tell watching on TV, but it
looks like it might be Fritz Walter weather today as well.

Germany with more chances and control, Fulkrug with the goal. I think I
would like to see J_nag bring on Beier for Havertz and maybe a couple of
youngsters like the Croatian kid in the 2nd half.

Elsewhere, I think the Dutchies and Greeks are leading and Ukrania are
tied.
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Binder Dundat
2024-09-07 22:13:38 UTC
So Germany and Kanada are the two hottest teams in football!

Maybe i am all turned around about J-Nag and J_Marsh. Maybe they can
get another month of trial managing the football.
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
The Doctor
2024-09-08 00:43:54 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Are Georgia the hottest team in the UEFA Nationsliga?
FT
Armenia
4
Latvia
1
FT
Georgia
4
Czech Republic
1
FT
Moldova
2
Malta
0
FT
Rep of Ireland
0
England
2
Ireland's boos can be heard worldwide.
Post by Binder Dundat
FT
Faroe Islands
1
North Macedonia
1
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Futbolmetrix
--
Member - Liberal International This is ***@nk.ca Ici ***@nk.ca
Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism ;
MH
2024-09-07 23:22:10 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Binder Dundat
Another heated derby match kicking off in the B division, between
Ireland and England.  This may be as big as the Samoan derby, with
just as much venom.
The new English approach is to appoint a foreign manager matching the
nationality of the team they are facing for each new match.  We are
expecting Jari Litmannen to be appointed new English manager after
this match.
They are also incorporating players from the countries they will be
playing into the squad, which worked as Irishman Declan Rice scores for
England.  Which is great tactics. We expect Jari Litmannen to be playing
for England next match.
Are there any Irish players who play club football in a top division?
Evan Ferguson plays for Brighton.
There are others with Ipswich, Southampton, Brentford and Leicester. All
relegation fodder, I suppose.
Kelleher has been very good for Liverpool when called upon.

A couple with Celtic.

Nobody playing in any European league that I can think of or find
evidence of.

They are certainly not the same level as Ireland used to be with players
like Liam Brady, Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Andy Townsend,
Jason Mcateer, Paul McGrath, Kevin Sheedy, Ray Houghton and so on
(though that represents several eras).
Jesper Lauridsen

Binder Dundat
2024-09-04 21:29:20 UTC
Some exciting scores n results from the Nationsliga qualifying.. At
least i hink it is qualifying for whatever the Nationsliga actually gets
you?

Anguilla 2 - 0 Turks and Caicos Islands FT
What this result means is that Anguilla is now CONCACAF Champions!!!!!
Congrats to them! I dont know either fo these places cus Sumwing only
flies to Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican or Mexico. Everything else is
CONCACAF is foreign to me, possibly cus I am too poor or too cheap to go
to these other places. Not to mention, I really like Cuba. I have had
great times in Havana with Cubans.

U.S. Virgin Islands 1 - 3 Bahamas
Oh wait, I think I was in bahamas once? Is that the place where the
Candian fashion designer rapist from Winnipeg lives?

British Virgin Islands 0 - 0 Cayman Islands
HT score
The money laundering derby
Mark
2024-09-06 12:21:20 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Some exciting scores n results from the Nationsliga qualifying.. At
least i hink it is qualifying for whatever the Nationsliga actually
gets you?
Anguilla 2 - 0 Turks and Caicos Islands FT
What this result means is that Anguilla is now CONCACAF
Champions!!!!! Congrats to them!
Why does this mean Anguilla are Champions of North America?

Btw there's also African Cup of Nations qualifiers being played.