YBGAL# UCL qualifying R
Binder Dundat
2024-08-21 20:56:28 UTC
Real Mard will be real Mad if he sees the hand ball call that gives YB
the 3rd goal penal.

Werner should be happy though.
Werner Pichler
2024-08-21 22:59:01 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Real Mard will be real Mad if he sees the hand ball call that gives YB
the 3rd goal penal.
Werner should be happy though.
No I'm not, points for Switzerland are bad for us in the UEFA
coefficient race, and general Alpine Wonderland bragging rights.

That was a tough one. I think the ball went off Bardakcı's
leg first which shouldn't be a pen according to the current
interpretation of the handball rule.

The fact remains though that he went in flying with outstretched
arms to block a shot. In such a scenario a handball call is
always a possible scenario, and I don't see why it shouldn't be.

Ciao,
Werner
Binder Dundat
2024-08-22 18:11:31 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Binder Dundat
Real Mard will be real Mad if he sees the hand ball call that gives YB
the 3rd goal penal.
Werner should be happy though.
It was in reference to Salzburg match.
Post by Werner Pichler
No I'm not, points for Switzerland are bad for us in the UEFA
coefficient race, and general Alpine Wonderland bragging rights.
That was a tough one. I think the ball went off Bardakcı's
leg first which shouldn't be a pen according to the current
interpretation of the handball rule.
The fact remains though that he went in flying with outstretched
arms to block a shot. In such a scenario a handball call is
always a possible scenario, and I don't see why it shouldn't be.
What nonsense, dont ever become a VARobot or ref, it was a horrible
call. I dont know if you walk and run and jump and swim with your arms
behind your back? But no one else does.
Post by Werner Pichler
Ciao,
Werner
Werner Pichler
2024-08-23 07:57:56 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Werner Pichler
No I'm not, points for Switzerland are bad for us in the UEFA
coefficient race, and general Alpine Wonderland bragging rights.
That was a tough one. I think the ball went off Bardakcı's
leg first which shouldn't be a pen according to the current
interpretation of the handball rule.
The fact remains though that he went in flying with outstretched
arms to block a shot. In such a scenario a handball call is
always a possible scenario, and I don't see why it shouldn't be.
What nonsense, dont ever become a VARobot or ref, it was a horrible
call.  I dont know if you walk and run and jump and swim with your arms
behind your back?  But no one else does.
OK, so actively avoiding handball at all times is hard, I'd agree with
that. But is there a particular reason to not make life difficult for
defenders? Is defending supposed to be easy?

Here is one that the Latvian champions RFS got yesterday against APOEL.
We agree that's a pen, right?
https://dubz.co/c/ac5567 (bad quality, reddit's letting me down)

Ciao,
Werner
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Werner Pichler
Ciao,
Werner
Blueshirt
2024-08-22 20:54:56 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
No I'm not, points for Switzerland are bad for us in the UEFA
coefficient race, and general Alpine Wonderland bragging
rights.
Enzo Maresca was happy to do his bit to keep you all happy...
Post by Werner Pichler
That was a tough one. I think the ball went off Bardakcı's
leg first which shouldn't be a pen according to the current
interpretation of the handball rule.
No penalty for me.
Post by Werner Pichler
The fact remains though that he went in flying with
outstretched arms to block a shot. In such a scenario a
handball call is always a possible scenario, and I don't see
why it shouldn't be.
Hmmm... arms outstretched to try and deliberately play the ball
or to keep balanced whilst making the challenge? It's subjective
but for me that was a harsh call. I don't like to see them given.
Real_Mardin
2024-08-21 23:19:00 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Real Mard will be real Mad if he sees the hand ball call that gives YB
the 3rd goal penal.
Werner should be happy though.
Lol I’m still fuming.

The TNT Sports commentator (English) was very critical too, as he summed
it up, Bardakci’s hand was in a natural position for a player doing a
sliding challenge. Ball bounced off the calm onto the arm, don’t see how
that’s a penalty.

I notice Okan Buruk has made reference to the ref being German
potentially having a bearing too. There were similar comments in the
Turkish media when Urs Meier gave decisions thought to be unfavourable
to Galatasaray in their Champions League game with Hertha Berlin 25
years ago (where did the time go??). I don’t think that should be a
problem myself, but I don’t see why UEFA risks such criticism when they
could have surely just appointed a ref from a non German speaking
country?

RM