Johan Cruyff vs Ray Clkemence
d***@gmail.com
2019-05-08 22:35:55 UTC
So instead of having a Cruyffinale, it will be the two former clubs
of Ray Clemence. He tweeted yesterday after Liverpool won, but no
word from him so far today.
MH
2019-05-08 23:17:21 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
So instead of having a Cruyffinale, it will be the two former clubs
of Ray Clemence. He tweeted yesterday after Liverpool won, but no
word from him so far today.
Jamie Redknapp also played for both teams. As did Brad Friedel, Peter
Crouch, Danny Murphy, Graeme Souness, Robbie Keane, Christian Ziege,
Neil Ruddock, and probably many more.
d***@gmail.com
2019-05-09 00:35:29 UTC
Jamie Redknapp also played for both teams. As did Brad Friedel, Peter
Crouch, Danny Murphy, Graeme Souness, Robbie Keane, Christian Ziege,
Neil Ruddock, and probably many more.
I did not know Souness had played for Spurs. Jamie Redknapp and
Crouch played for Spurs after I stopped following football.

I checked Souness' stats and there is a reason I did not know about
his association with Liverpool. He did not play any senior game for
the club during his time with them when he was very young. Not that
I would have known about it even if he had played a season or two
with them. I did know he had joined Liverpool from Middlesbrough
but I had forgotten the Middlesbrough bit.

Clemence is easily the most prominent link between the two clubs.
He played 470 games for Liverpool and 240 for Spurs. If there was
baseball style ceremonial pitch-tossing before the game in football,
Clemence would be the man to do it before a Liverpool-Spurs
European Cup final.
MH
2019-05-09 17:52:38 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by MH
Jamie Redknapp also played for both teams. As did Brad Friedel, Peter
Crouch, Danny Murphy, Graeme Souness, Robbie Keane, Christian Ziege,
Neil Ruddock, and probably many more.
I did not know Souness had played for Spurs. Jamie Redknapp and
Crouch played for Spurs after I stopped following football.
I checked Souness' stats and there is a reason I did not know about
his association with Liverpool. He did not play any senior game for
the club during his time with them when he was very young. \
Apparently came on once as a sub in a UEFA cup game, so he did in fact
play professionally for spurs.