Salah & Firmino Out Of Barcelona Match
Add Reply
Mehdi
2019-05-06 14:06:00 UTC
If Liverpool's chances were slim and none before, slim just left town.
Hopefully Leicester can do them a favour tonight so at least they have
something to show for this season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48165344

Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino miss Liverpool's Champions League tie
with Barcelona

iverpool forwards Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino will miss Tuesday's
Champions League semi-final second leg with Barcelona through injury.

Salah left the pitch on a stretcher after an aerial collision with
Newcastle keeper Martin Dubravka during Saturday's 3-2 win.

Manager Jurgen Klopp says concussion will keep Salah out, as Liverpool
look to overhaul a 3-0 deficit at Anfield.

Firmino missed the win over Newcastle with a muscle injury.

"Two of the world's best strikers are not available tomorrow night and
we have to score four goals," said Klopp.

"It doesn't make life easier but we will try for 90 minutes to celebrate
the Champions League campaign to give it a proper finish.

"That's the plan. If we can do it, wonderful. If we can't do it, let's
fail in the most beautiful way."
a***@hotmail.com
2019-05-06 17:06:47 UTC
Post by Mehdi
If Liverpool's chances were slim and none before, slim just left town.
Hopefully Leicester can do them a favour tonight so at least they have
something to show for this season.
It's over. We should just exit with dignity and not try to be too heroic and risk humiliation at home.

Lucky bastards, Barcelona. Between us missing easy chances, Messi scoring unreal freekicks, our key injuries, our league distractions, and their title sealed early, the stars couldn't have aligned more perfectly for them. I'm convinced that all other things being equal, we're a better team than them at this present time. I really hope Ajax or Spurs upset them in the final.
anders t
2019-05-06 17:33:07 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by Mehdi
If Liverpool's chances were slim and none before, slim just left town.
Hopefully Leicester can do them a favour tonight so at least they have
something to show for this season.
It's over. We should just exit with dignity and not try to be too heroic and risk humiliation at home.
Lucky bastards, Barcelona. Between us missing easy chances, Messi scoring unreal freekicks, our key injuries, our league distractions, and their title sealed early, the stars couldn't have aligned more perfectly for them. I'm convinced that all other things being equal, we're a better team than them at this present time. I really hope Ajax or Spurs upset them in the final.
Liverpool will rise to the challenge. This will bring the group even closer
together. Salah's and Firmino's force/mojo/power/sisu/go will be transfered
into the other players and they will DEMOLISH Barcelona.
--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08
Abubakr
I like your work!
a***@hotmail.com

Mehdi
2019-05-07 11:11:02 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
It's over. We should just exit with dignity and not try to be too heroic and risk humiliation at home.
Lucky bastards, Barcelona. Between us missing easy chances, Messi scoring unreal freekicks, our key injuries, our league distractions, and their title sealed early, the stars couldn't have aligned more perfectly for them. I'm convinced that all other things being equal, we're a better team than them at this present time. I really hope Ajax or Spurs upset them in the final.
They are not tested week to week, not remotely to the extent EPL teams
are. Their championship is a joke. It doesn't diminish their strength as
a team of course but, nonetheless, they had advantages teams from the
EPL especially don't have. However, in saying that, iron sharpens iron
and I'd argue that the improved showing by EPL teams in both cups is
evidence of that.