not a mystery
Add Reply
milivella
2014-01-12 23:11:31 UTC
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
Binder Dundat
2014-01-12 23:50:07 UTC
the mystery is MrLilyWalterWhiteRobot
Post by milivella
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
milivella
2014-01-15 13:34:40 UTC
Post by milivella
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
So how many of you reached the last page?

--
Cheers
milivella
Werner Pichler
2014-01-15 16:46:39 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
So how many of you reached the last page?
You want a public confession of ignorance?

OK, fine.

Didn't manage it past page three because I know nothing about cyphers apart
from simple letter substitutions, realised this couldn't be one because some
names included terms like xxx, iii or iijj, and I couldn't find a football
match either in which a team managed to win 4-3 in the 93rd minute after having
been down 0-3 at half time thanks to a hat trick by Iuyythv (and despite having
been reduced to 10 at some point), and in which in total three penalties were
scored... and I was looking for one. Hard.

Post by milivella
--
Cheers
milivella
Sven Mischkies
2014-01-15 17:09:47 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
So how many of you reached the last page?
You want a public confession of ignorance?
That is ignorance? I didn't understand the first page. :)

Ciao,
SM
Avoid Santander, the magic bank that makes money disappear.
Futbolmetrix
SM
Futbolmetrix
2014-01-15 17:16:10 UTC
Same here
Clément
2014-01-16 02:09:06 UTC
Post by Sven Mischkies
That is ignorance? I didn't understand the first page. :)
Same here
That's three of us, then.

[And I confess I feel much better. =)]

Abraço,

Luiz Mello
Lleo
2014-01-15 22:51:45 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
So how many of you reached the last page?
You want a public confession of ignorance?
OK, fine.
Didn't manage it past page three because I know nothing about cyphers apart
from simple letter substitutions, realised this couldn't be one because some
names included terms like xxx, iii or iijj, and I couldn't find a football
match either in which a team managed to win 4-3 in the 93rd minute after
having been down 0-3 at half time thanks to a hat trick by Iuyythv (and
despite having been reduced to 10 at some point), and in which in total
three penalties were scored... and I was looking for one. Hard.
Thank you for these very sweet memories :-) And milivella, maybe you are
not all that entirely 100% evil, after all (if said match is indeed the
one I'll post below. If I'm wrong and, somehow, there was ANOTHER one such
as Werner described, disregard what I just said, for you'd still be quite
evil for picking this hypothetical other one):

The red card isn't in the video, but it was shown when the score was 3-2.

This is how the last goal was called in a local radio broadcast. Even if
you don't understand the language, it is very easy to notice how absolutely
insane the guy became:

But, "ignorance"? Like Sven and Futbolmetrix, I also couldn't make it past
page 1.

Lléo
Werner Pichler
2014-01-15 23:44:52 UTC
Post by Lleo
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
[...]
http://youtu.be/S-Oo9mIyG10
Hahaha, that's the ticket! :)

We should make this a collective RSS effort.

BTW the first three pages:

Page 1: http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
Page 2: http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/go.htm
Page 3 false start: http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/palermo.htm
Page 3 where I got stuck: http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/cnyrezb.htm

So 'Iuyythv' is Romário. Now we only need to find out why... and use the same
algorithm for the Palmeiras goalkeeper Sérgio and the keeper of the 2nd match
on the page...

http://youtu.be/Dw1SJouKKXg
Lléo
Futbolmetrix
2014-01-17 00:45:30 UTC
So 'Iuyythv' is Romário. Now we only need to find out why... and use the same
algorithm for the Palmeiras goalkeeper Sérgio and the keeper of the 2nd match
on the page...
The second match is Juve-Inter 1-0, from the 1997-1998 season. Famous
because Del Piero (Qrl Twzqu) scored a beautiful goal and missed a
penalty, and Fat Ronaldo took a dive in the box.

The goalkeeper was Peruzzi.

Now we just need to figure out the encryption algorithm.

Maybe this can help:

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/

[Of course, the reasonable thing to do would be to just ignore the Evil
Gamemaster's teases, but then again, he *is* evil and knows that we
can't let go so easily...]
Clément
2014-01-17 07:24:19 UTC
So 'Iuyythv' is Romário. Now we only need to find out why... and use the same
algorithm for the Palmeiras goalkeeper Sérgio and the keeper of the 2nd match
on the page...
The second match is Juve-Inter 1-0, from the 1997-1998 season. Famous
because Del Piero (Qrl Twzqu) scored a beautiful goal and missed a
penalty, and Fat Ronaldo took a dive in the box.
The goalkeeper was Peruzzi.
Now we just need to figure out the encryption algorithm.
Do we need to?

http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/sergio_peruzzi.htm

Abraço,

Luiz Mello
Werner Pichler
2014-01-17 08:13:56 UTC
Post by Clément
Post by Futbolmetrix
So 'Iuyythv' is Rom�rio. Now we only need to find out why... and use the
same algorithm for the Palmeiras goalkeeper S�rgio and the keeper of the
2nd match on the page...
The second match is Juve-Inter 1-0, from the 1997-1998 season. Famous
because Del Piero (Qrl Twzqu) scored a beautiful goal and missed a
penalty, and Fat Ronaldo took a dive in the box.
The goalkeeper was Peruzzi.
Now we just need to figure out the encryption algorithm.
Do we need to?
Not so evil game master after all?
Post by Clément
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/sergio_peruzzi.htm
WTF

Post by Clément
Abra�o,
Luiz Mello
Werner Pichler
2014-01-17 08:19:17 UTC
Post by Clément
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/sergio_peruzzi.htm
It's a list of (random?) World Cup players, but ranked according to which
criteria?

Post by Clément
Abra�o,
Luiz Mello
Werner Pichler
2014-01-17 08:38:09 UTC
Post by Clément
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/sergio_peruzzi.htm
It's a list of (random?) World Cup players
Not random, all of them.
Post by Werner Pichler
but ranked according to which criteria?
Still flummoxed.

2014-01-17 09:20:20 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
but ranked according to which criteria?
Still flummoxed.
The spelling of players' names is exactly as they're written on the FIFA
homepage and not e.g. on Wikipedia.

So it should be equivalent with this list

http://de.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/tournaments/worldcup/players/mostmatches.html

Are we supposed to find the one player that's missing from Milivella's list???

Clément
2014-01-17 10:30:39 UTC
The spelling of players' names is exactly as they're written on the FIFA
homepage and not e.g. on Wikipedia.
So it should be equivalent with this list
http://de.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/tournaments/worldcup/players/mostmatches.html
Did you check that they are equivalent?
Post by Werner Pichler
Are we supposed to find the one player that's missing from Milivella's list???
This could be it. At first, I thought of some logical sequence, but couldn't
figure out even the remotest clue.

Abraço,

Luiz Mello
Werner Pichler
2014-01-17 10:27:39 UTC
Post by Clément
Post by Werner Pichler
The spelling of players' names is exactly as they're written on the FIFA
homepage and not e.g. on Wikipedia.
So it should be equivalent with this list
http://de.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/tournaments/worldcup/players/mostmatches.html
Did you check that they are equivalent?
There are three players missing on Milivella's list that are on the FIFA list:

- Marcelo TROBBIANI
- Redha TUKAR
- one of the two SILVAs

Didn't work for me though.

I also found two slight discrepancies between Milivella's list and the FIFA
list (Sergei/Serguei Andreyev, Rene-Pierre Quentin / Rene Quentin) which makes
me wonder if Andrea hasn't used a different database than FIFA's.

Luiz Mello
Sven Mischkies
2014-01-16 08:37:24 UTC
Post by Lleo
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
[...]
Boy, those were some dodgy penalties... ;)
Post by Lleo
The red card isn't in the video, but it was shown when the score was 3-2.
This is how the last goal was called in a local radio broadcast. Even if
you don't understand the language, it is very easy to notice how absolutely
http://youtu.be/Dw1SJouKKXg
:)
Post by Lleo
But, "ignorance"? Like Sven and Futbolmetrix, I also couldn't make it past
page 1.
I am glad I am not the only one.

Ciao,
SM
Avoid Santander, the magic bank that makes money disappear.
Clément
2014-01-16 02:12:17 UTC
Didn't manage it past page three because I know nothing about cyphers apart
from simple letter substitutions, realised this couldn't be one because some
names included terms like xxx, iii or iijj, and I couldn't find a football
match either in which a team managed to win 4-3 in the 93rd minute after having
been down 0-3 at half time thanks to a hat trick by Iuyythv (and despite having
been reduced to 10 at some point), and in which in total three penalties were
scored... and I was looking for one. Hard.
I'm impressed.

On the other hand, I may be familiar with a match with this precise
description, so maybe we could solve this as a team? =)

Abraço,

Luiz Mello