Corinthians vs. Sao Paulo 2018-11-10 [R]
milivella
2018-11-10 15:37:35 UTC
The match starts in three hours and a half.

Corinthians, the club of Vampeta and Jo, will face Sao Paulo, who have nurtured the likes of Leonidas, Gilmar, Careca, Cafu, Rogerio Ceni and Kaka.

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-10 16:47:48 UTC
Post by milivella
The match starts in three hours and a half.
Corinthians, the club of Vampeta and Jo, will face Sao Paulo, who have nurtured the likes of Leonidas, Gilmar, Careca, Cafu, Rogerio Ceni and Kaka.
Nice try.
Number of Paulistaos:

Coritnhians 29
Palmeiras 22
Santos 22
Sao Paulo 21 <-- Fourth place...

Also: Rivelino
Jesus Petry
2018-11-10 18:20:05 UTC
And Sócrates! Never forget Sócrates!

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-11-10 18:37:58 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
And Sócrates! Never forget Sócrates!
http://www.calciobidoni.it/bidoni/socrates.html
("bidoni" = duds)

[sorry, Jesus, but I got into character]

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-10 18:33:36 UTC
Coritnhians 29
Palmeiras 22
Santos 22
Sao Paulo 21 <-- Fourth place...
Number of Copa Libertadores:
Sao Paulo 3
Corinthians 1 <-- 1/3 of the wins...
Post by Futbolmetrix
Also: Rivelino
"However, the late 60s and early 70s were one of the most troubled periods in the history of the club, which did not win a single São Paulo state league title between 1954 and 1977.

In 1974, after Corinthians was defeated by arch-rivals Palmeiras in the São Paulo league finals, as the star player Rivellino was singled out by most fans as one of the most responsible for not winning. He moved on to Rio de Janeiro, where he defended Fluminense until the end of the 1970s. Rivellino was undoubtedly the greatest star in the excellent Fluminense of the mid 70s, dubbed "the tricolor machine", among Doval, Pintinho, Gil and Carlos Alberto Torres."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivellino

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-10 18:47:16 UTC
Line-ups:
https://twitter.com/Corinthians/status/1061318034235813890
https://twitter.com/SaoPauloFC/status/1061317703049330688

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-10 19:48:23 UTC
For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you.
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-10 19:50:46 UTC
I find it hard to get excited about this one. it must be because it's a Maluco 20-pointer, so guaranteed to end in a draw.

0-0 at ht
milivella
2018-11-10 20:00:41 UTC
Love is patient.
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-10 20:49:30 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Futbolmetrix
I find it hard to get excited about this one. it must be because it's a Maluco 20-pointer, so guaranteed to end in a draw.
0-0 at ht
Love is patient.
Sao Paulo up a man, the Corinthinans up a goal, but SPFC quickly
equalizes. 5 minutes left to the inevitable Maluco conclusion.
milivella
2018-11-10 20:50:34 UTC
72' 1-0
81' 1-1

Is there anything more Maluco than this?

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-10 21:01:03 UTC
FT 1-1

This what happens when the game requires _balanced_ matches and the gamemaster is too good at his job...

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-11 19:05:55 UTC
Post by milivella
FT 1-1
This what happens when the game requires _balanced_ matches and the gamemaster is too good at his job...
You also have to admire how he manages not to pick boring 0-0 draws, but
matches in which the equalizer is scored in the last 10 minutes...
Jesus Petry
2018-11-12 13:01:49 UTC
Post by milivella
FT 1-1
This what happens when the game requires _balanced_ matches and the gamemaster is too good at his job...
You also have to admire how he manages not to pick boring 0-0 draws, but
matches in which the equalizer is scored in the last 10 minutes...
Current standings:
millivela/Mark 176
MH 170 [game in hand]
Futbolmetrix 156 [game in hand]
Lléo 156

This "game in hand" is MH's Santos at home to Futbolmetrix' Chape tonight.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-11-13 00:01:15 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
millivela/Mark 176
MH 170 [game in hand]
Futbolmetrix 156 [game in hand]
Lléo 156
Thanks. Do you keep track of the standings weekly? If so, it would be
great if you posted it for these last rounds. Otherwise, we the players
should do it.

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-11-13 12:21:47 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Jesus Petry
millivela/Mark 176
MH 170 [game in hand]
Futbolmetrix 156 [game in hand]
Lléo 156
Thanks. Do you keep track of the standings weekly? If so, it would be
great if you posted it for these last rounds. Otherwise, we the players
should do it.
I do keep track. After last night's surprising Chapecoense away win (their first this season!) it's:

millivela/Mark 176
MH 170
Futbolmetrix 158
Lléo 156

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-11-13 23:52:51 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Post by milivella
Post by Jesus Petry
millivela/Mark 176
MH 170 [game in hand]
Futbolmetrix 156 [game in hand]
Lléo 156
Thanks. Do you keep track of the standings weekly? If so, it would be
great if you posted it for these last rounds. Otherwise, we the players
should do it.
millivela/Mark 176
MH 170
Futbolmetrix 158
Lléo 156
Thanks! It's going to be a TENSE ending of the season.

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-11-13 20:13:39 UTC
So you're saying that a good enough gamemaster can pick balanced matches?
milivella
2018-11-13 23:53:46 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by milivella
FT 1-1
This what happens when the game requires _balanced_ matches and the gamemaster is too good at his job...
So you're saying that a good enough gamemaster can pick balanced matches?
Yes, and also that "good" is the opposite of "evil".

--
Cheers
milivella