OT: Covid-19 Data
Mehdi
2020-03-14 17:21:44 UTC
For those of you interested, and who wouldn't be, I've been keeping a
track of the Covid-19 data for China, Italy and the ROTW, going all the
way back to early January for China (I've been back in Beijing for a
month) and from the date of the first death in Italy. As you'll see from
the China data, this virus has a shelf life of about 12 weeks. China
will be more or less clear by the end of the month. Europe's problems
are just starting, the virus is weeks away from hitting its peak. As for
the US, given the low number of tests carried out, boy will they be up
shit creek next month.

Manufacturing and education will be the hardest hit sectors. If you work
in either, you've got a long 2 months ahead.

My space is data related, no conspiracy theory bullshit, and I have
contributions from statisticians and have accepted a request from an
apprentice who works at the genetics department at the university of
Wisconsin who will provide health tips and debunk some of the nonsense
floating around. Of course, if you have any questions, you can ask me as
well. I've lived it, I've done a ton of reading on it and am in contact
with doctors so am as clued up as it gets.

Oh, and I think there's a chance it's coming back next winter.

https://www.quora.com/q/coronavirusdata
Mehdi
2020-03-16 12:52:12 UTC
Sunday's 368 deaths in Italy were the highest recorded number of deaths
in a single day, in any country, to date.

Also as of Sunday the 15th, there have now been more deaths outside of
China (3305) than inside China (3213).

There were over 500 deaths in Europe on Sunday.
v***@gmail.com
2020-03-21 08:31:11 UTC
Covid-19 Global Data. Last updated at 10.00 am on Saturday the 21st of March 2020 (CST)

Active Cases: 172,750
Deaths: 11,402
Most Deaths Recorded By A Nation In A Day: Friday 20th of March - 627 (Italy)
Most New Infections Recorded By A Nation In A Day: Friday 20th of March - 5594 (USA)

Most Active Infections:
1. Italy 37,860
2. Germany 19,600
3. USA 18,980
4. Spain 18,890
5. Iran 11,466
6. France 10,575
7. South Korea 6325
8. China 6013
9. Switzerland 5544
10. UK 3741

Most Deaths:
1. Italy 4032
2. China 3255
3. Iran 1433
4. Spain 1093
5. France 450
6. USA 256
7. UK 177
8. Netherlands 106
9. South Korea 94
10. Germany 68

Data is sourced from:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Bruce Scott
2020-03-24 10:14:56 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
Covid-19 Global Data. Last updated at 10.00 am on Saturday the 21st of March 2020 (CST)
[,,,]
Post by v***@gmail.com
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
This looks like a good site. Way more than one source.
Post by v***@gmail.com
Active Cases: 172,750
Deaths: 11,402
Update 24 Mar 11h10: cases active 267k closed 119k
deaths 16,7k

The doubling rate seems to be down... had been 2.7 days in GER and ITA. The
JHU data (*) say doubling time 6 days for ITA and 4 for GER as of today. In
the USA it is 2, seems to be strongly affected by apparent explosion in NYC,
maybe a combination of late testing and also city-wide spread. As of yesterday
CNN reported NYC had 20 percent of cases worldwide

(*) reported daily on the sz.de website (Sueddeutsche Zeitung)
--
ciao,
Bruce
Mehdi
2020-03-24 12:25:25 UTC
Post by Bruce Scott
Post by v***@gmail.com
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
This looks like a good site. Way more than one source.
Yes, the John Hopkins website is the shits. People are too obsessed with
graphs and the way they record previous data is ridiculous, the numbers
don't even make sense, tables are easier to read. You get all the data
for all nations on one page on worldmeters and they have all sorts of
other great data.
Post by Bruce Scott
Post by v***@gmail.com
Active Cases: 172,750
Deaths: 11,402
Update 24 Mar 11h10: cases active 267k closed 119k
deaths 16,7k
The doubling rate seems to be down... had been 2.7 days in GER and ITA. The
JHU data (*) say doubling time 6 days for ITA and 4 for GER as of today. In
the USA it is 2, seems to be strongly affected by apparent explosion in NYC,
maybe a combination of late testing and also city-wide spread. As of yesterday
CNN reported NYC had 20 percent of cases worldwide
(*) reported daily on the sz.de website (Sueddeutsche Zeitung)
Yes, I've been tallying off week by week to see if there is a pattern.
Italy is the outlier. I'll post the data next week.

As you're probably aware by now, most of Germany's cases are from
contact with skiers in Italy.

Here in China, 13/31 provinces are either back at school or have dates
set within the next three weeks but, unfortunatly, not in Beijing or
Shanghai. Beijing Zoo has been opened, the Summer Palace is open, 5000
cinemas are open a section of the wall has also been opened.
Construction has also started.

Here's the last global update:

Covid-19 Global Data. Last updated at 10.00 am on Tuesday the 24th of
March 2020 (CST)

Active Cases: 260,276
Deaths: 16,514
Most Deaths Recorded By A Nation In A Day: Saturday 21st of March - 793
(Italy)
Most New Infections Recorded By A Nation In A Day: Monday 23rd of
February - 10,188 (USA)

Most Active Infections:
1. Italy 50,418
2. USA 42,886
3. Spain 29,470
4. Germany 28,480
5. France 16,796
6. Iran 12,861
7. Switzerland 8544
8. UK 6180
9. South Korea 5684
10. China 4735

Most Deaths:
1. Italy 6077
2. China 3277
3. Spain 2311
4. Iran 1812
5. France 860
6. USA 553
7. UK 335
8. Netherlands 213
9. Germany 123
10. Switzerland 120

Bruce Scott
2020-03-24 16:05:36 UTC
On 2020-03-24, Mehdi <***@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
Post by Mehdi
As you're probably aware by now, most of Germany's cases are from
contact with skiers in Italy.
Yes, though the first ones in Bayern were from a training course with a teacher
from China. In general, ski holidays and also the CL match Bergamo - Valencia,
played in Milan, are two big amplifiers. I bet a lot of the US stuff came not
only from business meeting stuff but also skiing.
ciao, Bruce
v***@gmail.com
2020-03-27 05:02:06 UTC
Covid-19 Global Data. Last updated at 10.00 am on Friday the 27th of March 2020 (CST)

Figures in brackets are increases over the previous day.

Total Infections: 531,864 (+60,829)
Active Cases: 383,849 (+48,315)
Deaths: 24,073 (+2791)
Most Deaths Recorded By A Nation In A Day: Saturday 21st of March - 793 (Italy)
Most New Infections Recorded By A Nation In A Day: Thursday 26th of March of February - 17,224 (USA)

Most Active Infections:
1. USA 82,272
2. Italy 62,013
3. Spain 46,406
4. Germany 37,998
5. France 22,511
6. Iran 16,715
7 Switzerland 11,488
8. UK 10,945
9. Netherlands 6994
10. Austria 6748

Most Deaths:
1. Italy 8215
2. Spain 4365
3. China 3292
4. Iran 2234
5. France 1696
6. USA 1295
8. Netherlands 434
9. Germany 267
10. Belgium 220

v***@gmail.com

Following the pattern we have seen in other cases e.g. the church in South Korea.
Bruce Scott
2020-03-27 12:53:55 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
[...] ski holidays and also the CL match Bergamo - Valencia [...]
Fascinating.
Following the pattern we have seen in other cases e.g. the church in South Korea.
And now we are hearing about New Orleans spiking... the officials there
point to Mardi Gras (over a million visitors from everywhere in the World)

The mayor of LA says, "we're next"

The USA will top 100k cases tomorrow or the next...
--
ciao, Bruce