Brasileirão Maluco 2018 standings
Jesus Petry
2018-11-16 13:06:27 UTC
Four rounds to go:

milivella/Mark 180
MH 176
Futbolmetrix 162
Lléo 162

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Lleo
2018-11-16 13:17:56 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 180
MH 176
Futbolmetrix 162
Lléo 162
How the mighty have fallen... :-) Well, at least I'm in the run for the
wooden spoon. Futbolmetrix may have it, but not without a fight!

Lléo
milivella
2018-11-16 23:58:26 UTC
Thanks!
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 180
MH 176
Futbolmetrix 162
Lléo 162
They will be four longest rounds ever.

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-11-20 11:28:21 UTC
Three rounds to go:

milivella/Mark 187
MH 181
Futbolmetrix 168
Lléo 164

Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams from the same pool):
Min Max
milivella/Mark 189 - 215
MH 189 - 203
Futbolmetrix 172 - 194
Lléo 166 - 192

Key matches in the Maluco title fight:

Nov 25: Internacional (MH) - Fluminense (m/M)
Atlético-PR (m/M) - Ceará (MH)

Key matches for the Wooden Spoon:

Nov 21: Palmeiras (Ll) - América (Fx)
Nov 22: Chapecoense (Fx) - Sport (Ll)
Nov 25: Cruzeiro (Ll) - Flamengo (Fx)
Dec 2: Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-11-20 23:49:23 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 187
MH 181
Futbolmetrix 168
Lléo 164
Min Max
milivella/Mark 189 - 215
MH 189 - 203
Futbolmetrix 172 - 194
Lléo 166 - 192
Terrific gamemastering! Thanks!
Post by Jesus Petry
Nov 25: Internacional (MH) - Fluminense (m/M)
Atlético-PR (m/M) - Ceará (MH)
The Day of the Eight Points.

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-11-22 12:09:33 UTC
2.4 rounds to go:

milivella/Mark 189
MH 185
Futbolmetrix 170
Lléo 168

Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams from the same pool):
Min Max
milivella/Mark 191 - 211
MH 189 - 203
Futbolmetrix 174 - 190
Lléo 170 - 192

Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-11-22 23:55:36 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 189
MH 185
We lost 4 points in 0.6 rounds!

However, it doesn't really matters, because...
Post by Jesus Petry
Min Max
milivella/Mark 191 - 211
MH 189 - 203
Futbolmetrix 174 - 190
...we beat Futbolmetrix!!! Mission bleeping accomplished.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-24 00:23:29 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 189
MH 185
We lost 4 points in 0.6 rounds!
Math is hard, but our teams saved my statement and now it's true that we
lost 4 points (in 1 round). I would be rather wrong than so close to doom...

--
Cheers
milviella
Jesus Petry
2018-11-23 12:04:26 UTC
Two rounds to go:

milivella/Mark 189
MH 187
Futbolmetrix 174
Lléo 170

Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams from the same pool):
Min Max
milivella/Mark 191 - 207
MH 191 - 203
Futbolmetrix 178 - 190
Lléo 172 - 188

Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-23 12:38:27 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 189
MH 187
Futbolmetrix 174
Lléo 170
Do you have the breakdown of how many points were obtained in the actual
league, and how many through bets?
Jesus Petry
2018-11-23 12:46:53 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Do you have the breakdown of how many points were obtained in the actual
league, and how many through bets?
Teams Bets
milivella/Mark 187 +2
MH 190 -3
Futbolmetrix 174 0
Lléo 169 +1

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
Gentlemen, the Maluco! (A bit sysiphean, to be honest...)
Jesus Petry
2018-11-23 12:56:30 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesus Petry
Post by Futbolmetrix
Do you have the breakdown of how many points were obtained in the actual
league, and how many through bets?
Teams Bets
milivella/Mark 187 +2
MH 190 -3
Futbolmetrix 174 0
Lléo 169 +1
Gentlemen, the Maluco! (A bit sysiphean, to be honest...)
I'm reviewing this right now. I may have made a one-point mistake in the bets tabulation.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2018-11-23 13:20:49 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesus Petry
Post by Futbolmetrix
Do you have the breakdown of how many points were obtained in the actual
league, and how many through bets?
Teams Bets
milivella/Mark 187 +2
MH 190 -3
Futbolmetrix 174 0
Lléo 169 +1
Gentlemen, the Maluco! (A bit sysiphean, to be honest...)
I'm reviewing this right now. I may have made a one-point mistake in the bets tabulation.
Indeed, at some point I have miscalculated the betting points, most probably at the 6th round of bets, when Atlético-PR beat Flamengo 3-0, and the betting points involved were *four*. I've probably mixed up score and betting points and tabulated that incorrectly. So...

CORRECTED STANDINGS:
Teams Bets TOTAL
milivella/Mark 187 +3 190
MH 190 -3 187
Futbolmetrix 174 -1 173
Lléo 169 +1 170

They have a strange symmetry now.

Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams from the same pool):
Min Max
milivella/Mark 192 - 208
MH 191 - 203
Futbolmetrix 177 - 189
Lléo 172 - 188

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
MH
2018-11-25 22:50:48 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 189
MH 187
Futbolmetrix 174
Lléo 170
Min Max
milivella/Mark 191 - 207
MH 191 - 203
Futbolmetrix 178 - 190
Lléo 172 - 188
Nov 25: Internacional (MH) - Fluminense (m/M)
Atlético-PR (m/M) - Ceará (MH)
Ceara managed a draw. But then again it is a critical Maluco game, so
why not.

Inter were up 2-0, and FLu down to 10 men, last I looked.
Post by Jesus Petry
Nov 25: Cruzeiro (Ll) - Flamengo (Fx)
Fla won.
Post by Jesus Petry
Dec 2: Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-11-26 00:18:27 UTC
Post by MH
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 189
MH 187
Futbolmetrix 174
Lléo 170
Min Max
milivella/Mark 191 - 207
MH 191 - 203
Futbolmetrix 178 - 190
Lléo 172 - 188
Nov 25: Internacional (MH) - Fluminense (m/M)
Atlético-PR (m/M) - Ceará (MH)
Ceara managed a draw. But then again it is a critical Maluco game, so
why not.
Inter were up 2-0, and FLu down to 10 men, last I looked.
...and it was at 89' or later. 2-0 is the final result. Congratulations
for winning Maluco 2018!

--
Cheers
milivella
MH
2018-11-26 05:41:13 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by MH
milivella/Mark  189
MH              187
Futbolmetrix    174
Lléo            170
  Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams
                 Min   Max
milivella/Mark  191 - 207
MH              191 - 203
Futbolmetrix    178 - 190
Lléo            172 - 188
Nov 25: Internacional (MH) - Fluminense (m/M)
         Atlético-PR (m/M) - Ceará (MH)
Ceara managed a draw. But then again it is a critical Maluco game, so
why not.
Inter were up 2-0, and FLu down to 10 men, last I looked.
...and it was at 89' or later. 2-0 is the final result. Congratulations
for winning Maluco 2018!
Hold your horses ! According to JPs newest calculations I am probably
still a point or two behind you.
Post by milivella
--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-11-26 13:26:58 UTC
Drama!!!

1.2 rounds to go:

milivella/Mark 193
MH 192
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 172

Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams from the same pool):
Min Max
milivella/Mark 193 - 205
MH 194 - 202
Futbolmetrix 179 - 189
Lléo 172 - 186

Matches remaining:
Tonight: São Paulo (m/M) - Sport (Ll)
Botafogo (MH) - Paraná (Ll)
Dec 2: Atlético-MG (MH) - Botafogo (MH)
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Flamengo (Fx) - Atlético-PR (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2018-11-27 12:37:04 UTC
One round to go:

milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173

Potential points (considering matches to be played between teams from the same pool):
Min Max
milivella/Mark 194 - 204
MH 196 - 202
Futbolmetrix 179 - 189
Lléo 173 - 183

Matches remaining:

Jesus Petry
Werner Pichler
2018-11-27 12:45:55 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
Min Max
milivella/Mark 194 - 204
MH 196 - 202
Futbolmetrix 179 - 189
Lléo 173 - 183
Dec 2: Atlético-MG (MH) - Botafogo (MH)
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Flamengo (Fx) - Atlético-PR (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
To the uninitiated to the intricacies of Malucoing it appears as if this
'Fx' guy can't win anymore, but still seriously spoil the chances of these
'm/M' guys.

Ciao,
Werner
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-27 14:18:51 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
Aaargh! This is what you call a PhD in gamemastering!
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Jesus Petry
Dec 2: Atlético-MG (MH) - Botafogo (MH)
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Wooden Spoon 4-pointer.
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Jesus Petry
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Flamengo (Fx) - Atlético-PR (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Spoil milivella/Mark's chances 16-pointer! (all matches will end in draws...)
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Jesus Petry
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
To the uninitiated to the intricacies of Malucoing it appears as if this
'Fx' guy can't win anymore, but still seriously spoil the chances of these
'm/M' guys.
Maluco either sucks, or is great.
Post by Werner Pichler
Ciao,
Werner
milivella
2018-11-28 00:20:42 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
To the uninitiated to the intricacies of Malucoing it appears as if this
'Fx' guy can't win anymore, but still seriously spoil the chances of these
'm/M' guys.
I swear that the other day I thought: "OK, it's final matchday drama...
again, but at least this time it's not a matter of milivella vs.
Futbolmetrix!"

Fate is laughing right now.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-28 00:17:11 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
Min Max
milivella/Mark 194 - 204
MH 196 - 202
Futbolmetrix 179 - 189
Lléo 173 - 183
Dec 2: Atlético-MG (MH) - Botafogo (MH)
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Flamengo (Fx) - Atlético-PR (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
It looks like I will be lost to the outer world on December 2.

And, depending on the results, all the other days from then on.

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-11-28 12:50:01 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
Min Max
milivella/Mark 194 - 204
MH 196 - 202
Futbolmetrix 179 - 189
Lléo 173 - 183
Dec 2: Atlético-MG (MH) - Botafogo (MH)
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Flamengo (Fx) - Atlético-PR (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
It looks like I will be lost to the outer world on December 2.
And, depending on the results, all the other days from then on.
The Libertadores' last spot deciders, Atl.-MG - Bota and Fla - Atl.-PR, were changed to Saturday, Dec 1.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-12-01 21:06:12 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
Here we go. After 4':

Atlético-MG (MH) 0-0 Botafogo (MH)
Flamengo (Fx) 0-0 Atlético-PR (m/M)

MH 196
milivella/Mark 195
Futbolmetrix 180
Lléo 173
Post by Jesus Petry
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-12-01 21:51:38 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
HT:

Atlético-MG (MH) 1-0 Botafogo (MH)
Flamengo (Fx) 1-0 Atlético-PR (m/M)

MH 196
milivella/Mark 194
Futbolmetrix 181
Lléo 173

This is the end.
Post by Jesus Petry
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
--
Cheers
milivella
Lleo
2018-12-01 22:47:27 UTC
[snip the rest of the Matchday]
Too bad this isn't Clash of the Nations. I'd be perfectly willing
to give MH these two matches...
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
...for a single point in this one.
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Nothing personal, milivella and Mark, I could even throw in this to you...
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
...as a freebie, just so as not to be accused of tilting the balance of
your title challenge :-) (well, not that much!)

But since it isn't Clash of the Nations, let's just get that point somehow
at Castelão and be done with this season already!

Lléo
milivella
2018-12-02 14:34:58 UTC
Post by Lleo
[snip the rest of the Matchday]
Too bad this isn't Clash of the Nations. I'd be perfectly willing
to give MH these two matches...
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
...for a single point in this one.
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Nothing personal, milivella and Mark, I could even throw in this to you...
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
...as a freebie, just so as not to be accused of tilting the balance of
your title challenge :-) (well, not that much!)
Lleouis XVI, the man who didn't want to be kingmaker.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-12-01 23:52:34 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
milivella/Mark 194
MH 194
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173
FT:

Atlético-MG (MH) 1-0 Botafogo (MH)
Flamengo (Fx) 1-2 Atlético-PR (m/M)

MH 196
milivella/Mark 196
Futbolmetrix 179
Lléo 173

There will be blood.
Post by Jesus Petry
Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-02 00:48:01 UTC
Frigging vultures. They can't be trusted on anything.
MH
2018-12-02 01:27:17 UTC
Post by milivella
milivella/Mark  194
MH              194
Futbolmetrix    179
Lléo            173
Atlético-MG (MH) 1-0 Botafogo (MH)
Flamengo (Fx) 1-2 Atlético-PR (m/M)
MH              196
milivella/Mark  196
Futbolmetrix    179
Lléo            173
There will be blood.
           Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
           Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
Ceara have a chance at Sudamericana, Vasco need the points or at least one.
Post by milivella
           Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
           Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
           Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
           Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
           Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
Paraná Clube relegated ages ago, but Inter have nothing to play for either.
Post by milivella
           Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
Sport have a chance to avoid relegation still, Santos nothing to play for

Given lack of motivation, I think Mark and Milivella have this in the bag.
Post by milivella
--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-02 21:39:10 UTC
Post by milivella
milivella/Mark  194
MH              194
Futbolmetrix    179
Lléo            173
Atlético-MG (MH) 1-0 Botafogo (MH)
Flamengo (Fx) 1-2 Atlético-PR (m/M)
MH              196
milivella/Mark  196
Futbolmetrix    179
Lléo            173
There will be blood.
           Bahia (Fx) - Cruzeiro (Ll)
FT: 0-0
OK, some useful points to avoid the Wooden spoon.
Post by milivella
           Ceará (MH) - Vasco da Gama (Ll)
0-0
urgh...not good enough, MH!
Post by milivella
           Chapecoense (Fx) - São Paulo (m/M)
1-0
Go Chape!!!
Post by milivella
           Fluminense (m/M) - América (Fx)
1-0
And then they throw it all away. Whatever, this was a tough one.
Post by milivella
           Grêmio (m/M) - Corinthians (Fx)
1-0
Noooo!
Post by milivella
           Palmeiras (Ll) - Vitória (m/M)
3-2
Good jon, Lleo!
Post by milivella
           Paraná (Ll) - Internacional (MH)
1-1
This is not looking good...
Post by milivella
           Sport (Ll) - Santos (MH)
2-1
Brasileirao Maluco sucks
Jesus Petry
2018-12-03 12:58:39 UTC
Congratulations, milivella and Mark!

Teams Bets TOTAL
milivella/Mark 197 +3 200
MH 201 -3 198
Futbolmetrix 183 -1 182
Lléo 179 +1 180

Best contributor Worst Contributor
m/M Grêmio (48) Vitória (28)
MH Internacional (50) Ceará (34)
Fx Flamengo (51) América (30)
Ll Palmeiras (57) Paraná (19)

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Mark
2018-12-05 08:45:08 UTC
What shall we do to celebrate?
milivella
2018-12-08 00:23:29 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by Jesus Petry
Congratulations, milivella and Mark!
Teams Bets TOTAL
milivella/Mark 197 +3 200
MH 201 -3 198
Futbolmetrix 183 -1 182
Lléo 179 +1 180
What shall we do to celebrate?
I think we should write a song
that lasts at least one year long.
It will have a thousand stanzas
full of all extravaganzas.
A three hundred page section
will be devoted to the recollection
of the day when the Hurricane
gave Flamengo three pounds of pain.
And at the end, in the finale,
we'll spell our TWO HUNDREDS tally.

--
Cheers
milivella

milivella
2018-12-08 00:03:35 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Congratulations, milivella and Mark!
Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRmDjGnsim9hg2mCEMLM4iMWBrCjtG3yN5TaetmstvBCMbhOFQmpvcU8YVroxJUp5SEPI6dtGxHxE2Z/pubhtml
Post by Jesus Petry
Teams Bets TOTAL
milivella/Mark 197 +3 200
MH 201 -3 198
Two things to say here.

1. Quite incredible that a game where every bet seems to end in a bet is
decided by bets.

2. Every email exchange between milivella and Mark ever:
- milivella: have you seen the Maluco thread? I think we should not bet,
indeed we should forfeit if our opponent bets.
- Mark: actually, we should bet at least five points.
- milivella: OK.
Post by Jesus Petry
Best contributor Worst Contributor
m/M Grêmio (48) Vitória (28)
MH Internacional (50) Ceará (34)
Fx Flamengo (51) América (30)
Ll Palmeiras (57) Paraná (19)
Two things to say here, too.

1. Quite incredible that the best contributor ranking is the opposite of
the final ranking.

2. Top scorer of our top team: Everton, picked in Fantasy Scout by... me.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-12-02 19:35:47 UTC
Unfortunately I can't follow the matches live. If nobody updates the
ranking earlier, I'll check the results one by one after posting the UPT
final (again, if I have time).

May the most numerous win.

--
Cheers