Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 42 - Cup Quarter-finals (May 4-5)
Add Reply
milivella
2019-04-28 23:30:25 UTC
What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
on its side.

*Home*
- Before Wednesday (= before May 1, 23:59 GMT)
- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
teams) and before Saturday May 4, 11:59 AM GMT
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
any team, you have free choice)
- Their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home
player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a
team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

milivella - MH
Sassuolo 1 -X2 Frosinone
Genoa 1X- 2 Roma

Futbolmetrix - Mark
Motherwell 1 -X2 St Mirren
Leverkusen 1 -X2 Ein Frankfurt

Jesus Petry - Diabolik
Schalke 1 -X2 Augsburg
Eibar 1 -X2 Betis

Werner Pichler - The Doctor
Levante 1 -X2 Rayo Vallecano
Zorya 1 -X2 Mariupol'

Results and fixtures
--------------------

* = qualifies

Round of Sixteen
----------------

(2019.04.20)

milivella gets a bye
El Kot 1-1* MH (Inter 1-X2 Roma)
Futbolmetrix gets a bye
Mark gets a bye
Jesus Petry gets a bye
Jesper Lauridsen 2-5* Diabolik (Schalke 1X-2 Hoffenheim)
Werner Pichler gets a bye
The Doctor gets a bye

Quarter-finals
--------------

(2019.05.04-05)

milivella - MH
Futbolmetrix - Mark
-------------------------------------
Jesus Petry - Diabolik
Werner Pichler - The Doctor

Semi-finals
-----------

Final
-----

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-04-28 23:35:00 UTC
Post by milivella
milivella - MH
Sassuolo 1 -X2 Frosinone
Genoa 1X- 2 Roma
It will be hard, but I hav to try.

Sassuolo: 6 FS players
Frosinone: 4 FS players
Genoa: Criscito (but he already failed me twice...)
Roma: Cristante + Fazio + Kluivert

So it's easy for me to pick:
1. Roma
2. Sassuolo

--
Cheers
milivella
MH
2019-05-01 17:08:06 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
milivella - MH
   Sassuolo 1 -X2 Frosinone
      Genoa 1X- 2 Roma
It will be hard, but I hav to try.
Sassuolo: 6 FS players
Frosinone: 4 FS players
Genoa: Criscito (but he already failed me twice...)
Roma: Cristante + Fazio + Kluivert
1. Roma
2. Sassuolo
Neither remaining team appeals to me so I will toss a coin. Nearest coin
to hand is an old 10 pfennig piece. I wonder if there is a message in
that ? Which team has the most Germans ? To my surprise Genoa has one
(Günter), Frosinone none as expected (they must be one of the most
Italian teams out there, very few foreigners. This may explain why they
are virtually relegated.

I'll toss anyway. Curses, the coin escaped me and who knows where it
has rolled (Italian connection there with 1968 Euros?). I find it and it
tells me Frosinone.
Post by milivella
--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2019-05-09 23:23:24 UTC
Neither remaining team appeals to me so I will toss a coin. Nearest coin
to hand is an old 10 pfennig piece. I wonder if there is a message in
that ? Which team has the most Germans ? To my surprise Genoa has one
(Günter), Frosinone none as expected (they must be one of the most
Italian teams out there, very few foreigners. This may explain why they
are virtually relegated.
I'll toss anyway. Curses, the coin escaped me and who knows where it
has rolled (Italian connection there with 1968 Euros?). I find it and it
tells me Frosinone.
This sounds a bit like Binder... Maybe it's the Canadian way!

(anyway, it was an enjoying read, and quite the rollercoaster)

--
Cheers
milivella
MH
2019-05-10 15:21:34 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by MH
Neither remaining team appeals to me so I will toss a coin. Nearest coin
to hand is an old 10 pfennig piece. I wonder if there is a message in
that ? Which team has the most Germans ? To my surprise Genoa has one
(Günter), Frosinone none as expected (they must be one of the most
Italian teams out there, very few foreigners. This may explain why they
are virtually relegated.
I'll toss anyway.  Curses, the coin escaped me and who knows where it
has rolled (Italian connection there with 1968 Euros?). I find it and it
tells me Frosinone.
This sounds a bit like Binder... Maybe it's the Canadian way!
(anyway, it was an enjoying read, and quite the rollercoaster)
The amazing thing is it actually worked !
Post by milivella
--
Cheers
milivella
Jesper Lauridsen
2019-05-11 12:42:27 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by MH
I'll toss anyway.  Curses, the coin escaped me and who knows where it
has rolled (Italian connection there with 1968 Euros?). I find it and it
tells me Frosinone.
This sounds a bit like Binder... Maybe it's the Canadian way!
(anyway, it was an enjoying read, and quite the rollercoaster)
The amazing thing is it actually worked !
It helps to have an inferior opponent that fries himself!

Though looking at the box scores, Frosinone was the most relaxed
choice.
milivella
2019-05-11 19:23:35 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by MH
Post by milivella
Post by MH
I'll toss anyway. Curses, the coin escaped me and who knows where it
has rolled (Italian connection there with 1968 Euros?). I find it and it
tells me Frosinone.
This sounds a bit like Binder... Maybe it's the Canadian way!
(anyway, it was an enjoying read, and quite the rollercoaster)
The amazing thing is it actually worked !
It helps to have an inferior opponent that fries himself!
Though looking at the box scores, Frosinone was the most relaxed
choice.
Yeah, I think this is what the coin was trying to say.

Anyway, the dream is over. The inferior opponent, cup holder, league
title holder, only player to ever win the double, the inferior opponent,
as I was saying, is out.

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix
2019-04-29 19:01:21 UTC
Post by milivella
What to do
Futbolmetrix - Mark
Motherwell 1 -X2 St Mirren
Leverkusen 1 -X2 Ein Frankfurt
1. Frankfurt
2. Motherwell
Mark
2019-05-01 10:37:35 UTC
Bayer Leverkusen
Futbolmetrix
2019-05-09 12:56:43 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by Futbolmetrix
1. Frankfurt
2. Motherwell
Bayer Leverkusen
Ouch!
Jesus Petry
2019-04-29 19:24:04 UTC
Post by milivella
Jesus Petry - Diabolik
Schalke 1 -X2 Augsburg
Eibar 1 -X2 Betis
1. Augsburg
2. Eibar

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Diabolik
2019-05-04 14:26:45 UTC
Post by milivella
Jesus Petry - Diabolik
Schalke 1 -X2 Augsburg
Eibar 1 -X2 Betis
1. Augsburg
2. Eibar
Schalke
Werner Pichler
2019-04-29 20:28:46 UTC
Post by milivella
What to do
-----------
[...]
Rayo just beat Real... but Levante also fight for survival... fry me!

1. Rayo
2. Zorya

The Doctor
Newfoundland on 16 May 2019, do not vote PC nor NDP!
milivella
2019-05-09 23:30:38 UTC
[fixed the season in the header]

Sorry for not posting for so long. Just one comment:

LOL.

milivella 2-2* MH (Sassuolo 1-X2 Frosinone)
Futbolmetrix 1-6* Mark (Ein Frankfurt 2X-1 Leverkusen)
Jesus Petry *0-0 Diabolik (Augsburg 2X-1 Schalke)
Werner Pichler 1-4* The Doctor (Rayo Vallecano 2X-1 Levante)

Semi-finals

MH - Mark
Jesus Petry - The Doctor

--