S'hampton upfer de cup
Add Reply
Binder Dundat
2018-12-05 12:43:01 UTC
An Austrian in Southampton, weird, they are not even a sea-faring country. Almost as weird as a Kanadian ice hockey guy running an English football club.
Binder Dundat
2018-12-05 12:51:09 UTC
I suppose what is also kinda weird is that managing only a draw vs Man united nowadays is enough to get you fired. It use to be, not that long ago, probably before most of you were born though, but getting a draw was considered a good result back then. Heck, I think I even recall Man United winning a Champions league trophy.
Werner Pichler
2018-12-05 13:19:01 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
An Austrian in Southampton, weird, they are not even a sea-faring country.
I'll once again point to the fact that half of our last couple Olympic summer
medals were won in sailing.

I'm disappointed in Klopp. He was asked at a press conference to first pronounce
'Hasenhüttl' and then tell what it meant in English, and while his pronunciation
was OK-ish, he said that 'Hase' was 'rabbit' (wrong) and that 'Hüttl' meant
nothing (wrong).

'Rabbit Hutch' is a close enough translation of his surname though, admittedly.
Post by Binder Dundat
Almost as weird as a Kanadian ice hockey guy running an English football club.
Krueger really is an interesting case. He earned his first management props in
Austria, taking VEU Feldkirch to a sensational European Hockey League title in
1998 (they went bankrupt the next year). Then more than a decade as coach of
the Swiss hockey national team, then a year of turmoil in Edmonton, then
Southampton. I can't think of a similar career in two different sports.

Binder Dundat
2018-12-05 13:53:59 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
An Austrian in Southampton, weird, they are not even a sea-faring country.
I'll once again point to the fact that half of our last couple Olympic summer
medals were won in sailing.
Many years ago, I personally sailed across Neusiedler See (I seem to recall it was quite shallow throughout), Wind surfing was quite big at the time as well. At one time I considered it a big lake, now, by Canadian standards, it is a pond.
Post by Werner Pichler
I'm disappointed in Klopp. He was asked at a press conference to first pronounce
'Hasenhüttl' and then tell what it meant in English, and while his pronunciation
was OK-ish, he said that 'Hase' was 'rabbit' (wrong) and that 'Hüttl' meant
nothing (wrong).
'Rabbit Hutch' is a close enough translation of his surname though, admittedly.
I am so tired of that Monkey Klopp, thinks he is a Pop star.
2018-12-07 18:44:09 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
An Austrian in Southampton, weird, they are not even a sea-faring country.
I'll once again point to the fact that half of our last couple Olympic summer
medals were won in sailing.
I'm disappointed in Klopp. He was asked at a press conference to first pronounce
'Hasenhüttl' and then tell what it meant in English, and while his pronunciation
was OK-ish, he said that 'Hase' was 'rabbit' (wrong)
Well Hase is hare, but Klopp might not know that. Especially since
Osterhase translates as Easter Rabbit (or Easter Bunny)

and that 'Hüttl' meant
Post by Werner Pichler
nothing (wrong).
weird south German/Austrian diminutives. Learned quite a few of them
from my Frankisch/Oberpflalz colleagues in Bielefeld. Betthupferl being
one I remember.