WC 2014 Semifinal 2: Argentina - Netherlands [R]
anders t
2014-07-09 11:44:48 UTC
Nup Netherlands, nup!
--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England 2013 (20th), UEFA 2008, World 2009
jvazquez
2014-07-09 14:52:07 UTC
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
"El Jefecito" Mascherano: "I'm fed up of eating shit"

Despite winning two Olympics medals Mascherano is disappointed of losing two quarter finals in 2006 and 2010.

http://www.goal.com/es/news/3653/mundial-2014/2014/07/06/4941020/javier-mascherano-ya-estoy-cansado-de-comer-mierda

JV

Appendix on nicknames:

Nicknames of some Spanish speaking players:

Argentina:
Messi: La Pulga, El Enano - The Flea, The Dwarf
Mascherano: El Jefecito - The Little Chief (in Spanish press)
Di Maria: El Fideo - The Noodle
Higuain: Pipita - Little Pipe
Agüero: Kun - Familiar nick

Mexico:
Ochoa: Memo - Short for Guillermo
Hernandez: Chicharito - Little Pea (his father was a football player nicknamed Chicharo)
Márquez: Rafa - Short for Rafael
Dos Santos: Gio - Short for Giovanni
Herrera (coach): Piojo - Louse

Colombia:
Mondragón: Turco - Turk (his mother is Lebanese and in Latin America they sometimes call Arabs as Turks, no offense intended).

Uruguay:
C. Rodriguez: Cebolla - Onion
Forlan: Cachavacha - A character from a comic strip
Pereira: Maxi - Short for Maximiliano
Suarez: Lucho - Colloquial for Luis

Chile:
Valdivia: Mago, Loco - Magician, Mad

Spain:
Silva: Chino - Chinese
Torres: Juanfran - Short for Juan Francisco
Resurrección: Koke - Koke

---eof---
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 16:39:47 UTC
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
First of all it is:

Nederland - Argentinië

Secondly it is for the final

thirdly it is WK not WC

Stupid non Dutch!

We should win 4-0, anything less will be a huge upset
jvazquez
2014-07-09 17:15:48 UTC
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
Nederland - Argentini�
Secondly it is for the final
thirdly it is WK not WC
Stupid non Dutch!
Verloren is lobbying to be appointed Dutch ambassador to somewhere... hehe...
Chagney Hunt
We should send him to Canada to learn manners. Oh wait ...
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 17:32:52 UTC
Post by Chagney Hunt
Post by jvazquez
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
Nederland - Argentini�
Secondly it is for the final
thirdly it is WK not WC
Stupid non Dutch!
Verloren is lobbying to be appointed Dutch ambassador to somewhere... hehe...
We should send him to Canada to learn manners. Oh wait ...
There are only two things I hate in this world

1. Those who are insensitive to other peoples cultures
2. Those who are not Dutch
jvazquez
2014-07-09 18:09:31 UTC
Hmmm... an Argentinean Pope, an Argentinean Queen...

what follows?
Binder Dundat
2014-07-09 18:13:05 UTC
I initially thought yesterdays game would be the dour 0-0 with 100 cards
flying etc. and todays game would be the open, high scoring, free
flowing match. I can only assume I got it wrong both times and this
will be the 0-0 with 100s of cards flying?
Argentinian pedophilia scandal?
Binder Dundat
2014-07-09 20:38:57 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
I initially thought yesterdays game would be the dour 0-0 with 100 cards
flying etc. and todays game would be the open, high scoring, free
flowing match. I can only assume I got it wrong both times and this
will be the 0-0 with 100s of cards flying?
yup

except for the cards flying
z***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 18:25:46 UTC
They both have sex
anders t
2014-07-09 19:18:49 UTC
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
RvP plays.

Zlatan agrees.
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 19:21:20 UTC
opstelling
basis

J. Cillessen
R. Vlaar
S. de Vrij
B. Martins Indi
D. Blind
N. de Jong
W. Sneijder
A. Robben
G. Wijnaldum
R. van Persie
D. Kuijt

S. Romero
E. Garay
P. Zabaleta
M. Demichelis
M. Rojo
L. Biglia
E. Pérez
J. Mascherano
G. Higuaín
L. Messi
E. Lavezzi
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
RvP plays.
Zlatan agrees.
Futbolmetrix
2014-07-09 19:28:51 UTC
Post by Verloren Gehen
opstelling
basis
J. Cillessen
R. Vlaar
S. de Vrij
B. Martins Indi
D. Blind
N. de Jong
De Jong? Wasn't he supposed to be out for the Cup? Another one of those
devilish LVG ploys! Only the Dutch and ManchesterUnited affiliated
individuals could think of this!
Abubakr
We'll soon find out if this was a risky move or not, I suppose.
Verloren Gehen
Van Gaal makes no mistakes!
Sven Mischkies
2014-07-09 21:54:04 UTC
Post by Verloren Gehen
Post by Abubakr
Post by Futbolmetrix
De Jong? Wasn't he supposed to be out for the Cup? Another one of
those devilish LVG ploys! Only the Dutch and ManchesterUnited
affiliated individuals could think of this!
We'll soon find out if this was a risky move or not, I suppose.
Van Gaal makes no mistakes!
Are you sure about that?

Ciao,
SM
Avoid Santander, the magic bank that makes money disappear.
Clément
2014-07-09 19:46:38 UTC
Post by Verloren Gehen
J. Cillessen
R. Vlaar
S. de Vrij
B. Martins Indi
D. Blind
N. de Jong
De Jong? Wasn't he supposed to be out for the Cup? Another one of those
devilish LVG ploys! Only the Dutch and ManchesterUnited affiliated
individuals could think of this!
Well, these news do give the "Dutch crush Argies" thread a whole new
meaning.
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 19:36:04 UTC
ESPN just showed Bergkampf's winner from 1998. We certainly haven't
seen anything like that this time. That Dutch team was much stronger
through the side than this one.

But I still think the Dutch have better players, Messi, obviously,
excepted.

I just hope they both come to play.

DK

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:21:20 -0400, Verloren Gehen
Post by Verloren Gehen
opstelling
basis
J. Cillessen
R. Vlaar
S. de Vrij
B. Martins Indi
D. Blind
N. de Jong
W. Sneijder
A. Robben
G. Wijnaldum
R. van Persie
D. Kuijt
S. Romero
E. Garay
P. Zabaleta
M. Demichelis
M. Rojo
L. Biglia
E. Pérez
J. Mascherano
G. Higuaín
L. Messi
E. Lavezzi
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
RvP plays.
Zlatan agrees.
Chagney Hunt
2014-07-09 19:43:01 UTC
Post by K***@gmail.com
ESPN just showed Bergkampf's winner from 1998. We certainly haven't
seen anything like that this time. That Dutch team was much stronger
through the side than this one.
But I still think the Dutch have better players, Messi, obviously,
excepted.
Man for man, nope. Not even close. Messi excepted even. Netherland play
more coherently as a team, and that matters.
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 19:47:24 UTC
Who is Wijnaldum? The Worl dSoccer preview issue didn't mention him
at all not even as a POSSIBLE squad member?

DK

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:21:20 -0400, Verloren Gehen
Post by Verloren Gehen
opstelling
basis
J. Cillessen
R. Vlaar
S. de Vrij
B. Martins Indi
D. Blind
N. de Jong
W. Sneijder
A. Robben
G. Wijnaldum
R. van Persie
D. Kuijt
S. Romero
E. Garay
P. Zabaleta
M. Demichelis
M. Rojo
L. Biglia
E. Pérez
J. Mascherano
G. Higuaín
L. Messi
E. Lavezzi
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
RvP plays.
Zlatan agrees.
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 19:50:14 UTC
Dutch weather!!!
Post by K***@gmail.com
Who is Wijnaldum? The Worl dSoccer preview issue didn't mention him
at all not even as a POSSIBLE squad member?
DK
On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:21:20 -0400, Verloren Gehen
Post by Verloren Gehen
opstelling
basis
J. Cillessen
R. Vlaar
S. de Vrij
B. Martins Indi
D. Blind
N. de Jong
W. Sneijder
A. Robben
G. Wijnaldum
R. van Persie
D. Kuijt
S. Romero
E. Garay
P. Zabaleta
M. Demichelis
M. Rojo
L. Biglia
E. Pérez
J. Mascherano
G. Higuaín
L. Messi
E. Lavezzi
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
RvP plays.
Zlatan agrees.
Chagney Hunt
2014-07-09 20:42:26 UTC
Almost half time, still a tight chess match. Argentina has more control
and had been able to get behind Blind several times. No clear chance yet
as they haven't got the timing for their runs and final balls down.
Dutch attack has been uninspired. Probing balls here and there and
nothing else.
MH
Van Persie off, please !
Chagney Hunt
2014-07-09 20:59:42 UTC
Post by Chagney Hunt
Almost half time, still a tight chess match. Argentina has more control
and had been able to get behind Blind several times. No clear chance yet
as they haven't got the timing for their runs and final balls down.
Dutch attack has been uninspired. Probing balls here and there and
nothing else.
Van Persie off, please !
Probably better to push one defender into midfield to help Blind, and
stick De Jong on Messi for now. 5-3-2 is not really working for the
Dutch. Eventually Argentina will realize they're sparing too many men
suffocating Robben and RvP and switch one of those guys further up to
take advantages of Lavezzi's gain.

Mascherano looked to have suffered a concussion.
jvazquez
Why don't they spare us the one hour and a quarter left and go directly to penalty kicks?
jvazquez
2014-07-09 21:01:55 UTC
Besides, they would have more time to rest, would have spent less energy...
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:05:22 UTC
Janmaat in for Martins Indi.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Clément
2014-07-09 21:07:13 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Janmaat in for Martins Indi.
I didn't know proactive substitutions were allowed in football?!?
futbolmetrix
2014-07-09 21:28:11 UTC
VanGaal taking no risks with the yellow cards, he knows that he will need more fouls on Messi
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:29:51 UTC
Post by futbolmetrix
VanGaal taking no risks with the yellow cards, he knows that he will need more fouls on Messi
If the Netherlands somehow need to make a third substitution,
how confident would Cilessen be for an eventual shootout?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
jvazquez
2014-07-09 21:37:26 UTC
It seems to me that the Dutch fans were chanting: HOLLAND!!! HOLLAND!!!

??????
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:40:02 UTC
Post by jvazquez
It seems to me that the Dutch fans were chanting: HOLLAND!!! HOLLAND!!!
??????
Better for metrics than Nederland?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
jvazquez
2014-07-09 21:07:56 UTC
I can't wait what Mascherano is going to tell Krul if the goalie tries to destabilize the Argentineans who are going to take the penalty kicks.
Justin Quiring
2014-07-09 19:48:27 UTC
Post by anders t
Nup Netherlands, nup!
Comfortable win for Argentina.
Abubakr
2014-07-09 19:53:48 UTC
Argentina in changed shorts.

Bad omen!
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 19:58:13 UTC
The other ARgentinians need to go to Messi's hair stylist. . .
Bad omen!
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 19:59:22 UTC
Both countries were part of Spain before becoming independent.

Stay tuned for more useless facts.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 20:01:25 UTC
Homage to Di Stefano.
Just and deserved.
But why did FIFA refused to do the same for Fernandão at
Internacional's request?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 20:03:04 UTC
Chants of "Olé" to the initial Netherlands' few exchanged passes.
It made me smirk.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
futbolmetrix
2014-07-09 20:54:46 UTC
We will need many of them, because there's not much else to talk about in this game ...
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:00:26 UTC
Post by futbolmetrix
We will need many of them, because there's not much else to talk about in this game ...
Argentina and the Netherlands are meeting for the fifth time in a
World Cup. The Netherlands won twice and lost only once, but it was
in the very final of the 1978 Cup.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
futbolmetrix
2014-07-09 21:23:59 UTC
The chant "vamos vamos Argentina" has its own Wikipedia page:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamos,_vamos,_Argentina
Clément
2014-07-09 20:04:42 UTC
Post by Abubakr
Argentina in changed shorts.
Bad omen!
Teams in their traditional kits is never a bad omen. Go football!

[A shame the black socks, though.]
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 20:12:23 UTC
So far, by far the best Duch start. They are controlling and showing
some forward momentum.

Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 20:14:53 UTC
Post by K***@gmail.com
So far, by far the best Duch start. They are controlling and showing
some forward momentum.
But conceding fouls in bad places.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
K***@gmail.com
Clément
2014-07-09 20:18:35 UTC
Post by K***@gmail.com
Sneijder and Van Persie appear to be the weakest Dutch players today.
Argentina seem intent on not giving away spaces for the break.

Revolutionary concept, who would ever think of it?
Abubakr
2014-07-09 20:19:32 UTC
Par for the course for RvP.
Abubakr
2014-07-09 20:18:21 UTC
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 06:04:42 +1000, Cl=E9ment <***@terra.com.=
br> =
Post by Clément
Post by Abubakr
Argentina in changed shorts.
Bad omen!
Teams in their traditional kits is never a bad omen. Go football!
Didn't work yesterday.
Half a good omen?
Clément
2014-07-09 20:19:27 UTC
Who knows? Maybe it was going to be 27-1.
Abubakr
2014-07-09 20:21:33 UTC
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 06:19:27 +1000, Cl=E9ment <***@terra.com.=
br> =
:)
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 20:40:28 UTC
Dirk Kuyt!!!!!!!
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 20:46:38 UTC
Post by Verloren Gehen
Dirk Kuyt!!!!!!!
referee calling everything for Argentina, including false offsides on us
Clément
2014-07-09 20:48:17 UTC
This Cup was clearly bought.
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 20:46:13 UTC
Disgraceful call on non-fou on Messi.
:)
MH
2014-07-09 20:50:36 UTC
Post by K***@gmail.com
Disgraceful call on non-fou on Messi.
You mean the yellow for Bruno Martins Indi ? Was that for this trivial
brush, or held over from where they tangled in the Argentinian half a
few seconds earlier and the ref played advantage ?
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 20:57:26 UTC
Good question, because he barely touched Messi.

I missed the first half highlights--I was blinking at the time.
jvazquez
2014-07-09 20:47:14 UTC
Sabella: La puta que lo pario... (The bitch who bore him)

hehe
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 20:49:42 UTC
Things got rather disappointing. The Dutch reverted to their early
round form.

That card was a joke.

DK
hehe
Binder Dundat
2014-07-09 20:59:23 UTC
Post by K***@gmail.com
Things got rather disappointing. The Dutch reverted to their early
round form.
That card was a joke.
Maybe, but it was the only highlight of the half.
hehe
K***@gmail.com
hehe
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 21:07:57 UTC
I have to think the only reason Martins was taken off is because of his
yellow card? I didn't think he was playing badly.

but never question the genius van Gaal

good free kick chance now
Verloren Gehen
let Robben take the kick damnit!
Chagney Hunt
Sneijder: "Chance? Pffftt. Nuh uh."
Chagney Hunt
2014-07-09 21:23:28 UTC
Sabella's facial expression when Janmaat crashed into Biglia has been
the most interesting event in this match so far.
K***@gmail.com
hehe
Clément
2014-07-09 21:10:13 UTC
Making up for that other play in the first half?
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:21:37 UTC
Clasie in for De Jong.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:23:06 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Clasie in for De Jong.
Now only the third goalkeeper hasn't joined the action for
the Dutch during the Cup.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Bruce D. Scott
2014-07-09 21:32:26 UTC
Cl?ment <***@terra.com.br> wrote:
|> <KaiserD2> escreveu:
|>> DeMichelis didn't deserve the booking, Robben dove.
|>
|> Making up for that other play in the first half?

Obvious card due to intentional holding as Robben wanted to go past him
--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:35:28 UTC
Man of the match so far: Vlaar.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:50:34 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Man of the match so far: Vlaar.
Runner-up: Mascherano.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
K***@gmail.com
hehe
K***@gmail.com

hehe
Bruce D. Scott
2014-07-09 21:27:03 UTC
These guys aren't going to score any goals

MH
2014-07-09 21:35:25 UTC
Does Van Persie even understand the offside rule ?
Clément
2014-07-09 21:35:41 UTC
I was asking myself the same. A Fred-esque performance by RvP.
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 21:40:41 UTC
You have to admire the greatness of van Gaal. Not taking any shots on
the Argentine keeper means he will be cold for the penalty shoot out.

Argentina coach shows his inexperience with the double substitution
Clément
2014-07-09 21:40:54 UTC
Argentina with the two changes that will win the game.
Clément
2014-07-09 21:43:17 UTC
Where's the yellow card for Agüero?
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 21:50:28 UTC
At last, a real chance. Great defense by Mascherano.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 18:35:41 -0300, Clément
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 21:39:29 UTC
Post by Bruce D. Scott
These guys aren't going to score any goals
Does Van Persie even understand the offside rule ?
It looks to me that the Dutch midfielders, incuding Kuyt, have been
ordered not to advance deep into Argentinian territory, even on the
wings. They are playing great, but the famous Dutch forwards are
hopeless.
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:41:21 UTC
Palacio and Agüero for Pérez and Higuaín.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2014-07-09 21:44:15 UTC
Agüero just escaped a yellow for a more blatant block on the
'keeper than Thiago Silva's!

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
futbolmetrix
2014-07-09 21:50:36 UTC
Shoot Robben, shoot!!!
Lléo
2014-07-09 21:56:04 UTC
Post by futbolmetrix
Shoot Robben, shoot!!!
Rensenbrink'78 all over again?

Lléo
Clément
2014-07-09 21:56:23 UTC
Precisely the first thing I thought about.
futbolmetrix
2014-07-09 22:01:51 UTC
Same thing I thought
jvazquez
2014-07-09 22:06:39 UTC
Krul can't play. Third substitution by Holland.

Am I right?
Bruce D. Scott
2014-07-09 21:44:58 UTC
MH <***@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
|> On 14-07-09 3:27 PM, Bruce D. Scott wrote:
|>> These guys aren't going to score any goals
|>>
|> Does Van Persie even understand the offside rule ?

HAd he kneeled down and left that, Sneijder might have scored!

Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 21:50:50 UTC
Ohhh Robben!!!!!!

I admit it has not been a great game, only the stupid germans are
enjoying it. But dont worry Argentina is too stupid to win.
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 21:55:29 UTC
To repeat, I think the Dutch played great in defense and midfield,
much better than in any earlier game. But they had no clue up front,
until that last chance.

Very funny, by the way, that one time that Robben WAS fouled, all he
got was a corner.

DK

I'll be delighted with a goal from either side at this point.

K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 22:04:38 UTC
Fine substitution for Holland!!!!!!!!!!

Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 22:09:15 UTC
Post by Verloren Gehen
Ohhh Robben!!!!!!
I admit it has not been a great game, only the stupid germans are
enjoying it. But dont worry Argentina is too stupid to win.
Like I said. Look at all the Argentine subs made, they were stupid, all
the Dutch subs, were brilliant
Verloren Gehen
even by stupid non Dutch standards, this ref is stupid
K***@gmail.com
2014-07-09 22:11:27 UTC
Good no call by the ref. Poor Robben!!!!

K***@gmail.com
Abubakr
2014-07-09 22:16:30 UTC
Post by Verloren Gehen
Ohhh Robben!!!!!!
I admit it has not been a great game
Better than that pub game yesterday.

This is a WC semifinal.
Verloren Gehen
2014-07-09 22:32:53 UTC
This is a WC semifinal.
Google Beta User
2014-07-09 22:34:05 UTC
This match is "meh". I don't even care who wins the PKs.