EPL Foreign Coach Trivia
a***@hotmail.com
2019-04-01 18:24:30 UTC
Match the countries with the number of different EPL managers they have produced. Same manager cannot be counted more than once (e.g. Benitez has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, but he only counts as 1 manager for Spain).

Countries (alphabetical)
Argentina, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.

# of managers
12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 3.
Futbolmetrix
2019-04-01 19:17:49 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Match the countries with the number of different EPL managers they have produced. Same manager cannot be counted more than once (e.g. Benitez has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, but he only counts as 1 manager for Spain).
Countries (alphabetical)
Argentina, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.
# of managers
12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 3.
I can think of seven Italians off the top of my head (Vialli, Ranieri, Mancini, Ancelotti, Di Matteo, Conte, Sarri) but there must be more, so I'll go with:

France: 12
Italy: 9
Spain: 8
Portugal: 7
Argentina: 5
Germany: 3
Netherlands: 3
MH
2019-04-01 21:38:01 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Match the countries with the number of different EPL managers they have produced. Same manager cannot be counted more than once (e.g. Benitez has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, but he only counts as 1 manager for Spain).
Countries (alphabetical)
Argentina, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.
# of managers
12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 3.
France: 12
Italy: 9
Spain: 8
Portugal: 7
Argentina: 5
Germany: 3
Netherlands: 3
Pretty sure the last is wrong (Van Gaal, Advocaat, Hiddink, Koeman, De
Boer, Jol)
anders t
2019-04-01 19:41:30 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Match the countries with the number of different EPL managers they have produced. Same manager cannot be counted more than once (e.g. Benitez has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, but he only counts as 1 manager for Spain).
Countries (alphabetical)
Argentina, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.
# of managers
12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 3.
Italy, Spain, Netherlands, France, Portugal, Germany, Argentina.
--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08
MH
2019-04-01 21:36:57 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Match the countries with the number of different EPL managers they have produced. Same manager cannot be counted more than once (e.g. Benitez has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, but he only counts as 1 manager for Spain).
Countries (alphabetical)
Argentina, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.
# of managers
12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 3.
This is hard.

Argentina I remember Pochettino, Ardiles, and Pellegrino - so let's say
they are one of the 3s.

Italy we have Conte, Sarri, Vialli, Ranieri, Mancini, Di Matteo,
Zola,Ancelotti at least - so greater than 3, greater than 5, .....at least 8

France: Houllier, Wenger, Puel, Tigana, Santini, Garde, Perrin, ....

Portugal: Mourinho, Espirito Santo, Marco Silva, Andre Villas-Boas

NL: Van Gaal, Jol, Gullit, Koeman, Hiddink, F. De Boer, Advocaat,

Germany: Klopp, Wagner, .....

Spain: Benitez, Gracia, Karanka, Guardiola, Sanchez-Flores, Pepe Mel,
Martinez, ....

OK. My guess

Germany 3 Argentina 3, Portugal 5, Spain 7, France 8, Netherlands 9,
Italy 12
Futbolmetrix
2019-04-01 22:04:47 UTC
OK. My guess
Germany 3 Argentina 3, Portugal 5, Spain 7, France 8, Netherlands 9,
Italy 12
Pretty impressive, based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_managers

If I counted correctly, you mixed up Spain (9), Netherlands (8) and France (7), all the rest are correct.

The missing Italian managers were Zola, Di Canio, Mazzarri, Guidolin and Attilio "Popeye" Lombardo, who had a short spell at Crystal Palace in the 1990s.
MH
2019-04-01 22:53:56 UTC
OK. My guess
Germany 3 Argentina 3, Portugal 5, Spain 7, France 8, Netherlands 9,
Italy 12
Pretty impressive, based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_managers
If I counted correctly, you mixed up Spain (9), Netherlands (8) and France (7), all the rest are correct.
Darn, I actually named all the French ones, but just assumed there must
be more.