Milan Derby 2020 R
Binder Dundat
2020-02-10 05:55:46 UTC
No score to see here computer nerds, just watch the game
Futbolmetrix
2020-02-10 16:05:07 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
No score to see here computer nerds, just watch the game
For the computer nerds:

FT: Inter-Milan 4-2

Milan stormed ahead to a 2-0 lead in the first half, but Inter came back and turned it around in the second. Zlatan could have equalized with a header in the dying minutes, but it hit the woodwork. Lukaku made it 4-2 deep into injury time.

Serie A standings:

Juve 54
Inter 54
Lazio 53

We definitely have a title race on our hands. But while Inter and Lazio are brimming with enthusiasm, Juve seems to be plagued by self-doubt. I didn't think it would be possible, but we are playing even worse than under Allegri's last two years. It will be tough to make it 9 in a row (and 38 altogether)
Binder Dundat
2020-02-10 17:39:34 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
No score to see here computer nerds, just watch the game
FT: Inter-Milan 4-2
Milan stormed ahead to a 2-0 lead in the first half, but Inter came back and turned it around in the second. Zlatan could have equalized with a header in the dying minutes, but it hit the woodwork. Lukaku made it 4-2 deep into injury time.
Juve 54
Inter 54
Lazio 53
We definitely have a title race on our hands. But while Inter and Lazio are brimming with enthusiasm, Juve seems to be plagued by self-doubt. I didn't think it would be possible, but we are playing even worse than under Allegri's last two years. It will be tough to make it 9 in a row (and 38 altogether)
You could have gave a more dramatic description of the game. It looked like Milan were going to run away with this game, scoring right at the stroke of half time to make it 0-2 and more or less dominating the first half, but Inter came back to start the 2nd strongly and within something like 5 minutes it was 2-2, actually very entertaining match.

I am now officially an ABJJ for the title race.
a***@hotmail.com
2020-02-10 18:22:39 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
No score to see here computer nerds, just watch the game
FT: Inter-Milan 4-2
Milan stormed ahead to a 2-0 lead in the first half, but Inter came back and turned it around in the second. Zlatan could have equalized with a header in the dying minutes, but it hit the woodwork. Lukaku made it 4-2 deep into injury time.
Juve 54
Inter 54
Lazio 53
We definitely have a title race on our hands. But while Inter and Lazio are brimming with enthusiasm, Juve seems to be plagued by self-doubt.
Do you suppose it's the chickens coming home to roost with the "hoard all the top free agents in Europe without an overall playing philosophy in place" policy they have pursued the last few years?

(Before Can departed, they had acquired 4 free agent midfielders (Can, Ramsey, Rabiot, Khedira) to complement the 3-4 seniors already playing that position.
Futbolmetrix
2020-02-10 21:05:31 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Do you suppose it's the chickens coming home to roost with the "hoard all the top free agents in Europe without an overall playing philosophy in place" policy they have pursued the last few years?
Maybe. One thing that can be said is that there was some bad planning around UEFA's home-grown players restrictions. Partly because of this, Emre Can was left out of the CL group stage list, didn't take it well, and failed to make any contribution on the pitch in the past 4 months. He could have been useful.

Other questionable decisions/bad planning: two of the three members of the front-3 rotation (Higuain and Dybala) were apparently not part of the plans in August, but Dybala refused a transfer, and nobody was willing to eat up Higuain's contract. They have both been OK in the end, but still....

Ronaldo is still phenomenal, but he's never really shown much inclination to contribute much on the defensive side. Was it such a great idea to declare Mandzukic completely redundant?
a***@hotmail.com
2020-02-12 16:09:31 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
I randomly stumbled upon this article from a Juventus blog in my soccer news feed, and it hits upon the same theme that I mentioned, i.e. the midfield is mainly a random collection of free transfer pickups and is the biggest problem area at the club.

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2020/2/11/21132014/juventus-maurizio-sarri-fabio-paratici-2020-serie-a-champions-league-coppa-italia-team-management
Mehdi
2020-03-14 15:33:02 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Do you suppose it's the chickens coming home to roost with the "hoard all the top free agents in Europe without an overall playing philosophy in place" policy they have pursued the last few
years?
(Before Can departed, they had acquired 4 free agent midfielders (Can, Ramsey, Rabiot, Khedira) to complement the 3-4 seniors already playing that position.
The chickens aren't coming home to roost as such, they're still top, but
it's a shit policy. Generally speaking, players are free for a reason,
they shouldn't be starting, they're for the bench. Juve will be one of
the weakest teams to make the QFs, in June or July or whenever the UCL
restarts.