Hey Red Devil
a***@hotmail.com
2019-04-02 20:59:10 UTC
Don't make any plans for Thursday evenings this fall!
MH
2019-04-03 00:02:23 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Don't make any plans for Thursday evenings this fall!
Well the race for the last two CL places is certainly going to be
exciting. And could of course be thrown into confusion by Arsenal or
Chelsea winning the Europa League, or Spurs or Man United winning the CL.

Anyway, don't mock United, you will need their help on April 24, in all
likelihood.

The top six table so far this year
Played W D L Pts

Man City 8 6 1 1 19

Liverpool 9 4 4 1 16

Arsenal 10 3 3 4 12

Chelsea 8 3 2 3 11

Spurs 9 2 1 6 7

Man United 8 1 3 4 6

Key Matches remaining (not that slip ups away to Leicester or Everton or
Wolves may not be just as crucial)

April 14th Liverpool - Chelsea
April 20th City - Spurs
April 24th United - City
April 28th United - Chelsea

On paper,one might kind of like Arsenal's chances of making the top 4, -
but their schedule, including two tough games against Napoli, is not
quite so easy and includes no already relegated teams, and Everton
away, Watford away, Leicester away, and Wolves away - all of the 4
principal contenders for 7th place.
a***@hotmail.com
2019-04-03 14:00:08 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Don't make any plans for Thursday evenings this fall!
Well the race for the last two CL places is certainly going to be
exciting. And could of course be thrown into confusion by Arsenal or
Chelsea winning the Europa League,
No confusion, as that will simply grant EPL 5 UCL teams, should one of those winners finish outside the top 4.
Post by MH
or Spurs or Man United winning the CL.
If EPL captures both the EL and UCL, AND both those winners finish outside the top 4 then yes it will bump the 4th place team out, but that is an incredibly remote scenario. I'm sure if 538 or someone did a probability analysis on that it would fall to under a 1% chance.
Post by MH
Anyway, don't mock United, you will need their help on April 24, in all
likelihood.
Yes, but after watching them yesterday, I don't hold much hope. I am counting more on Spurs, who would have played City twice in the UCL already before their league game so both teams would have serious opposition fatigue and that may "skew" the game a little more.
I don't care for these "key" game analyses too much. Any game can be a banana skin, especially away from home. I wouldn't call City at CP and Burnley forgone conclusions, just as I wouldn't do the same for Liverpool at Southampton and Cardiff.
MH
2019-04-25 04:05:11 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Don't make any plans for Thursday evenings this fall!
Well the race for the last two CL places is certainly going to be
exciting.  And could of course be thrown into confusion by Arsenal or
Chelsea winning the Europa League, or Spurs or Man United winning the CL.
Anyway, don't mock United, you will need their help on April 24, in all
likelihood.
The top six table so far this year
Only one game left to play. Apparently Wolves would be third in this
table if it were of the top 7 (as of today).
Post by MH
        Played    W    D    L    Pts
Man City    8    6    1    1    19
10 8 1 1 25 pts. If they win the title, they won it against their
direct rivals.
Post by MH
Liverpool     9    4    4    1    16
10 5 4 1 --- 19 pts.
Post by MH
Arsenal        10    3    3    4    12
Still 12
Post by MH
Chelsea        8    3    2    3    11
Still 11
Post by MH
Spurs        9    2    1    6    7
10 games, Still 7. Pathetic, really
Post by MH
Man United    8    1    3    4    6
0 games, Still 6. Even more pathetic
a***@hotmail.com
2019-04-25 14:08:05 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Don't make any plans for Thursday evenings this fall!
Well the race for the last two CL places is certainly going to be
exciting.  And could of course be thrown into confusion by Arsenal or
Chelsea winning the Europa League, or Spurs or Man United winning the CL.
Anyway, don't mock United, you will need their help on April 24, in all
likelihood.
The top six table so far this year
Only one game left to play. Apparently Wolves would be third in this
table if it were of the top 7 (as of today).
That's quite amazing. With a few good signings, could Wolves challenge for a top 6 place next season?
        Played    W    D    L    Pts
Man City    8    6    1    1    19
10 8 1 1 25 pts. If they win the title, they won it against their
direct rivals.
Yes of course. Their defeats came against Leicester, Newcastle, and Palace (and Chelsea).

As a Liverpool fan I won't complain about luck as we've had our fair share this season (esp. late in games), but City have been pretty fortunate with scheduling themselves. They played Arsenal in Emery's first game when they were still figuring themselves out, and they played Chelsea and United when both teams were in their shittiest slumps. OTOH we played both Arsenal and United away when both were flying at their highest.
MH
2019-04-25 17:52:31 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Don't make any plans for Thursday evenings this fall!
Well the race for the last two CL places is certainly going to be
exciting.  And could of course be thrown into confusion by Arsenal or
Chelsea winning the Europa League, or Spurs or Man United winning the CL.
Anyway, don't mock United, you will need their help on April 24, in all
likelihood.
The top six table so far this year
Only one game left to play. Apparently Wolves would be third in this
table if it were of the top 7 (as of today).
That's quite amazing. With a few good signings, could Wolves challenge for a top 6 place next season?
They have been incredibly good against good teams but not so hot against
lower teams, including losses to both Cardiff and Huddersfield.

They have taken points off all the top six except Liverpool, whom they
have to play one more time (be warned !). This includes wins against
Spurs, United, Arsenal and Chelsea, and draws with City, United, Arsenal
and Chelsea. Losses at home to Spurs and Liverpool, and away to City.

Total against the top six 4 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses, 1 to play. 16
points.