Copa Libertadores final 2018 r
Binder Dundat
2018-11-11 18:35:47 UTC
The rain may have put a damper on festivities yesterday, but looks like we have kick off today. First game at the Boca home ground, an oddly sort of shaped and constructed stadium, trying to think of anything like it in Europe?

Lots of stories already of rival fans burning down each others houses and babies being named River Plate. One guy's soon to be wife was not as accommodating as she would not allow a tv with the game to be played during their wedding ceremony. I can only imagine there will be some more craziness coming over the next couple of weeks. It used to be River Plate were the posher, risher club and Boca the working man's team, sort of like Austria Wien and Rapid Wien.

A quick look at the teams suggests that a lot of the players are older, returning mercenaries from Europe. Some names you may recognize:

Boca Juniors: Fernando Gago, Christian Pavon, Mario Zarate, Carlos Tevez, Ramon Abila

River Plate: Franco Armani, Juan Quintero, Gonzalo Martinez, Enzo Perez and of course Nurnberg legend Javier Pinola.

starting line ups

Boca

Rossi -
Jara ,
Izquierdoz ,
Magallan ,
Lucas Olaza -
Nandez ,
Barrios ,
Perez -
Sebastián Villa ,
Ramón Ábila ,
Pavon

River

Armani -
Montiel ,
Maidana ,
Martinez Quarta ,
Pinola ,
Casco -
Palacios ,
Perez ,
Martinez -
Santos Borré ,
Pratto
Binder Dundat
Pratto
Mark
So who are the favourites now after the 1st leg? I'd have said Boca were slight favourites before the match; is home advantage with the scores even enough for River to have changed that?
d***@gmail.com
2018-11-14 02:52:42 UTC
Post by Mark
So who are the favourites now after the 1st leg? I'd have said Boca were slight favourites before the match; is home advantage with the scores even enough for River to have changed that?
Some would know better than I, but keep one thing in mind:

NO Away Goals Rule.

Mike