Brasileirão Maluco 2018, 9th round of bets
Jesus Petry
2018-10-15 14:20:52 UTC
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.

Games:

Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
Deadlines:
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.

Vasco da Gama (Lléo) - Internacional (MH)
[Sat, Oct 27, 12:30 AM GMT]
Deadlines:
First bet: Wed, Oct 24, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Thu, Oct 25, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Fri, Oct 26, 8:30 PM GMT.

Good luck to all!

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Jesus Petry
2018-10-15 14:25:00 UTC
Current standings, by the way:

milivella/Mark 155
MH 150 [3 games in hand*]
Futbolmetrix 140
Lléo 131 [1 game in hand]

*2 of them are two of his teams facing each other tonight,
so maybe I should put 152 points and 1 game in hand.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-15 19:08:34 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.
I should go all in
and savor the win

But cowardly you
will run like the flu

To make it enticing
I'll give you some icing

No worry, no sweat
it's seven I bet!

(I bet seven)
milivella
2018-10-15 23:14:13 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.
I should go all in
and savor the win
But cowardly you
will run like the flu
To make it enticing
I'll give you some icing
No worry, no sweat
it's seven I bet!
Nice.
Post by Futbolmetrix
(I bet seven)
Frantic negotiations are happening right now. For the time being, I'll just quote a song that perfectly expresses what I am feeling right now:

We're not indestructible
Baby, better get that straight
I think it's unbelievable
How you give into the hands of fate

Some things are worth fighting for
Some feelings never die
I'm not asking for another chance
I just wanna know why

There's no easy way out
There's no shortcut home
There's no easy way out
Giving in can't be wrong

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-10-16 23:15:45 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.
I should go all in
and savor the win
But cowardly you
will run like the flu
To make it enticing
I'll give you some icing
No worry, no sweat
it's seven I bet!
(I bet seven)
OK, rispondiamo per le rime.

You could have posted a tease
But no, you like the seven seas.
You could have exchanged raises with The Twins
But no, you love the seven sins.
We could have had a war of nerves
But no, you're one of the seven dwarves.
Sorry, I don't want to offend any gnome
Let's say you're one of the seven kings of Rome.
In short, you had not patience and rashly bet seven
Letting us no choice other than bet even.

(we bet seven, too, i.e. we accept)

((and yes, I know seven is odd))

---

Before leaving you all to your exciting lives, one more quotation. Last one was not from the MAGA lover, so of course this one must be.

Ain't no question if I want it, I need it
I can feel it slowly drifting away from me
I'm on the edge, so why you playing? I'm saying
I will never ever let you live this down, down, down
Not for nothing I've foreseen it, I dream it
I can feel it slowly drifting away from me
No more chances if you blow this, you bogus

milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-10-22 13:44:01 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Jesus Petry
[...]
At 90', it was looking like a typical Maluco draw, then Corinthians scored, then Vitória scored, and it ended being a typical Maluco draw (2-2).

Current standings:

milivella/Mark 161
MH 152 [3 games in hand*]
Futbolmetrix 146
Lléo 137 [1 game in hand]

* Again, Monday night's game is between two MH teams, so it's more like 154 points and 1 game in hand.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-10-22 14:49:37 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
At 90', it was looking like a typical Maluco draw, then Corinthians scored, then Vitória scored, and it ended being a typical Maluco draw (2-2).
OK, but Maluco nearly have three fewer players. Hearts fail for this kind of emotions!

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-10-23 13:32:52 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vasco da Gama (Lléo) - Internacional (MH)
[Sat, Oct 27, 12:30 AM GMT]
First bet: Wed, Oct 24, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Thu, Oct 25, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Fri, Oct 26, 8:30 PM GMT.
Just a reminder that this one is still on.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
MH
2018-10-23 16:51:53 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.
Vasco da Gama (Lléo) - Internacional (MH)
A team with no away wins vs. a team with no home losses. Too bad those
stats are irrelevant for this particular match.
Post by Jesus Petry
[Sat, Oct 27, 12:30 AM GMT]
First bet: Wed, Oct 24, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Thu, Oct 25, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Fri, Oct 26, 8:30 PM GMT.
Maluco games will end so often in a draw
And leave our contest here in status quo.
In fact, most bets could be only for show,
As we do know full well about this flaw.

Yet Mark and Mili in first place sticks in my craw
so for the game I have to strike a blow.
Should I bet high or should I wager low ?
The stakes are great and my nerves are rubbed raw.

Oh what to do, oh how much can I bet ?
And can I trust the red guys from the Port?
And is it right, blind Fortuna to court?

I'll seize the day, and pause no more to fret.
I hope a comeback here I can contrive.
So Lleo, do your best, since I bet five.

(not entirely happy with the iambic pentameter in that one)
Post by Jesus Petry
Good luck to all!
Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Lleo
2018-10-24 16:05:51 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.
Vasco da Gama (Lléo) - Internacional (MH)
A team with no away wins vs. a team with no home losses. Too bad those
stats are irrelevant for this particular match.
Other way to see it: a team struggling against relegation (again) vs a
title contender. I'm sure that my next action is not really that wise...
Post by MH
Post by Jesus Petry
[Sat, Oct 27, 12:30 AM GMT]
First bet: Wed, Oct 24, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Thu, Oct 25, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Fri, Oct 26, 8:30 PM GMT.
Maluco games will end so often in a draw
And leave our contest here in status quo.
In fact, most bets could be only for show,
As we do know full well about this flaw.
Yet Mark and Mili in first place sticks in my craw
so for the game I have to strike a blow.
Should I bet high or should I wager low ?
The stakes are great and my nerves are rubbed raw.
Oh what to do, oh how much can I bet ?
And can I trust the red guys from the Port?
And is it right, blind Fortuna to court?
I'll seize the day, and pause no more to fret.
I hope a comeback here I can contrive.
So Lleo, do your best, since I bet five.
(not entirely happy with the iambic pentameter in that one)
I struggle at the moment, some kind of writer's block
that makes my rhyming attempts sound quite inept.
As if my brain is under an invisible lock
So, without further ado, I'll just ACCEPT.

(not a good third verse there, but that's a context in which my
writer's block excuse fits nicely ;-))

Lléo
Jesus Petry
2018-10-25 14:11:59 UTC
Current standings (8 rounds to go):

milivella/Mark 161
MH 156
Futbolmetrix 146
Lléo 137

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
MH
2018-10-27 16:06:26 UTC
Post by Lleo
Post by MH
Post by Jesus Petry
Maximum bet: 10 points.
Mind the different deadlines for each match.
Vitória (milivella/Mark) - Corinthians (Futbolmetrix)
[Sun, Oct 21, 7:00 PM GMT]
First bet: Thu, Oct 18, 8:30 PM GMT.
Last raise: Fri, Oct 19, 8:30 PM GMT or until someone accepts.
Accept: Sat, Oct 20, 8:30 PM GMT.
Vasco da Gama (Lléo) - Internacional (MH)
A team with no away wins vs. a team with no home losses. Too bad those
stats are irrelevant for this particular match.
Other way to see it: a team struggling against relegation (again) vs a
title contender. I'm sure that my next action is not really that wise...
Post by MH
Post by Jesus Petry
[Sat, Oct 27, 12:30 AM GMT]
[...]
1-1, I came close to getting those extra 5, but a 92 minute equalizer
put paid to that. Good for Vasco, though.
Lléo
milivella
2018-10-27 22:48:44 UTC
a 92 minute equalizer
How you know it was a Maluco match.

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry
2018-10-29 14:09:54 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by MH
a 92 minute equalizer
How you know it was a Maluco match.
New standings:

milivella/Mark 165
MH 159 *
Futbolmetrix 151
Lléo 143

* will be on 161 after tonight, as once again two of his teams play
each other on Monday night.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry