Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 40 - Flash organizational thread [Attn: Futbolmetrix, Diabolik, whoever wants to join]
milivella
2018-12-07 21:14:23 UTC
[Deadline for both: December 8 22:00 GMT]

Futbolmetrix: you keep losing even though you always pick the league.
You have another attempt.

Whoever wants to join (including Diabolik, who, having gone MIA in
season 39, is officially out for the time being): just reply to this post.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-12-11 00:45:40 UTC
Season 40 will start next week, as I am away from home.

So if someone wants to join the game, there's still time.

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-11 03:18:39 UTC
Post by milivella
[Deadline for both: December 8 22:00 GMT]
Futbolmetrix: you keep losing even though you always pick the league.
You have another attempt.
Whatever I choose, season 40 is going to coincide mostly with the
Christmas break, so we'll get to see a lot of EPL matches anyway...

We did the Championship, so we could go to League One this time, but
maybe that's too hipster. Let's do Italy's Serie B, just to remind
milivella that Palermo are top of the table.
MH
2018-12-11 17:17:55 UTC
Post by milivella
[Deadline for both: December 8 22:00 GMT]
Futbolmetrix: you keep losing even though you always pick the league.
You have another attempt.
Whatever I choose, season 40 is going to coincide mostly with the
Christmas break, so we'll get to see a lot of EPL matches anyway...
Scottish premier league is kind of interesting this year.....4 different
teams have been in first place in the last month (though games in hand
have been involved), and over half the teams have a positive goal
difference (I vaguely recall when only the top 3 had positive GD). There
have been some good surprises.
milivella
2018-12-18 00:31:18 UTC
The ignoble gamemaster says:

MH *2-0 El Kot (Chelsea 1X-2 Man City)

Congratulations, MH! Second cup win in three season for him. Also he
keeps the pace of Maluco's winner Mark and milivella in the Hall of Fame:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRmDjGnsim9hg2mCEMLM4iMWBrCjtG3yN5TaetmstvBCMbhOFQmpvcU8YVroxJUp5SEPI6dtGxHxE2Z/pubhtml

By the way, I think it's time to update the UPT HoF. Here it is:

Hall Of Fame
------------

Sn Leagues League (Runner-up) Cup (Runner-up)
1 El Kot (Binder) - (-)
2 El Kot (Abubakr) - (-)
3 El Kot (Mark) - (-)
4 Mark (El Kot) - (-)
5 MH (Jesus) - (-)
6 MH (Jesus) - (-)
7 Clement (Jesus) - (-)
8 Scrutineer (MH) - (-)
9 Scrutineer (Betty) - (-)
10 Betty (Scrutineer) - (-)
11 Mark (Diabolik) - (-)
12 Diabolik (Mark) - (-)
13 Betty (Diabolik) - (-)
14 Jesus (Abubakr) - (-)
15 AUS,AUT Jesus (MH) - (-)
16 SCO,BEL Mark (Diabolik) - (-)
17 GER Diabolik (Mark) - (-)
18 ARG Jesus (Mark) - (-)
19 URU Jesus (Homer) - (-)
20 USA Homer (Jesus) - (-)
21 UKR Mark (Jesus) Werner (MH)
22 SCO Mark (Jesus) Diabolik (Betty)
23 DEN Mark (MH) Lleo (Betty)
24 SUI,RUS Mark (Doctor) Point (Jesus)
25 Mark (MH) Abubakr (Lleo)
26 GER,FRA Doctor (Mark) Ramstone (El Kot)
27 ARG MH (Doctor) Homer (Betty)
28 ENG,BRA MH (Betty) Ramstone (Doctor)
29 ENG Mark (MH) Doctor (Ned)
30 FRA,RUS Mark (Jesus) albertovella (Ramstone)
31 RUS MH (Jesus) Ramstone (Werner)
32 POR Abubakr (Jesus) El Kot (milivella)
33 FRA Jesus (Doctor) El Kot (MH)
34 Futbolmetrix (Ramstone) milivella (Randy)
35 milivella (Futbolmetrix) Mark (Doctor)
36 ENG2 Betty (milivella) Doctor (Jesus)
37 ARG Betty (Futbolmetrix) MH (Doctor)
38 ISR Futbolmetrix (Betty) Werner (Futbolmetrix)
39 ENG Betty (Futbolmetrix) MH (El Kot)

Number of League Titles
-----------------------

10 Mark
5 Betty Boop, Jesus Petry, MH
3 El Kot
2 Diabolik, Futbolmetrix, The Scrutineer
1 Abubakr, Clement, The Doctor, Homer Simpson, milivella

Number of Cup Titles
--------------------

3 Ramstone
2 The Doctor, El Kot, MH, Werner Pichler
1 Abubakr, albertovella, Diabolik, Homer Simpson, Lleo, Mark, milivella,
Point man

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-12-18 01:23:22 UTC
Post by milivella
35 milivella (Futbolmetrix) Mark (Doctor)
36 ENG2 Betty (milivella) Doctor (Jesus)
37 ARG Betty (Futbolmetrix) MH (Doctor)
38 ISR Futbolmetrix (Betty) Werner (Futbolmetrix)
39 ENG Betty (Futbolmetrix) MH (El Kot)
The Triumvirate Era (with a 50% chance to continue in season 40).

Maybe more impressive than this lock on the top two places is that for
the last four seasons straight the newcomer/non-triumvir was immediately
relegated.

--
Cheers
milivella