Fantasy Scout - Chat thread, October 2018
Add Reply
milivella
2018-10-19 23:42:26 UTC
[The rules of this thread are simple: write what you want, reply if
you want, ignore if you have to.]

---

Worst update ever for Futbolemtrix?

fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking1.htm
Falls from the podium.

fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking2.htm
I'll cut him some slack here, as this cycle always sucked for him.

fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking3.htm
One more update where I gain ground on him (it must be the fiftieth time in a row).
I also get a +15 in the predicted score vs. Futbolmetrix' shabby +7.

fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking4.htm
OK, this is admittedly the only more-than-mediocre cycle for him, but:
1. Is winning the cycle with fewest scouts ever supposed to be a great achievement?!
2. Even my band of peons scored as many points as Futbolmetrix' "Record Machine" Fourth Cycle.
3. Indeed, I got a +15 boost in the predicted ranking vs. his +5!

fantasyscout.altervista.org/predictedranking5.htm
By change in the predicted score:
Michael H. 185 (+57)
Alberto 231 (+37)
Andrea V. 153 (+28)
Jackson 293 (+20)
Gianmarco 36 (+19)
Daniele 221 (+18)

Of course the gods of football will repay him with a double 0-5 in Inter vs. Milan and Victoria vs. Corinthians...

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-20 18:36:22 UTC
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking1.htm
Falls from the podium.
Let me give you some breaking news: I won't have any more good updates
in Cycle 1. The question is how long can I hang on before others catch up.
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking2.htm
I'll cut him some slack here, as this cycle always sucked for him.
And, with Casemiro and Walker getting points regularly, I may actually
climb some positions here. Maybe even a top-5 finish?
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking3.htm
One more update where I gain ground on him (it must be the fiftieth time in a row).
I also get a +15 in the predicted score vs. Futbolmetrix' shabby +7.
I see you are shifting the goalposts.
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking4.htm
1. Is winning the cycle with fewest scouts ever supposed to be a great achievement?!
2. Even my band of peons scored as many points as Futbolmetrix' "Record Machine" Fourth Cycle.
3. Indeed, I got a +15 boost in the predicted ranking vs. his +5!
Woo-hoo! Your band of peons have been upgraded from super-junk to junk.
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/predictedranking5.htm
Michael H. 185 (+57)
Alberto 231 (+37)
Andrea V. 153 (+28)
Jackson 293 (+20)
Gianmarco 36 (+19)
Daniele 221 (+18)
I see this as still being wide open.
And, because I'm nice, check whether you didn't give Biraghi an extra point.
milivella
2018-10-20 23:06:59 UTC
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking1.htm
Falls from the podium.
Let me give you some breaking news: I won't have any more good updates
in Cycle 1.
SUBSCRIBE
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking2.htm
I'll cut him some slack here, as this cycle always sucked for him.
And, with Casemiro and Walker getting points regularly, I may actually
climb some positions here. Maybe even a top-5 finish?
I see that you're excited at the prospect of finishing fifth.
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking3.htm
One more update where I gain ground on him (it must be the fiftieth time in a row).
I also get a +15 in the predicted score vs. Futbolmetrix' shabby +7.
I see you are shifting the goalposts.
What?! I think I have always said that my goal is to scare you for some time. And if I have ever asserted that I hope to win this cycle... well, I still hope so (doesn't everyone hope so?), and in order to win I have to reach you first.
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/ranking4.htm
1. Is winning the cycle with fewest scouts ever supposed to be a great achievement?!
2. Even my band of peons scored as many points as Futbolmetrix' "Record Machine" Fourth Cycle.
3. Indeed, I got a +15 boost in the predicted ranking vs. his +5!
Woo-hoo! Your band of peons have been upgraded from super-junk to junk.
I see progress...
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
fantasyscout.altervista.org/predictedranking5.htm
Michael H. 185 (+57)
Alberto 231 (+37)
Andrea V. 153 (+28)
Jackson 293 (+20)
Gianmarco 36 (+19)
Daniele 221 (+18)
I see this as still being wide open.
According to your prediction formula, it is quite open. Expect for the guy who picked Lo Celso, Richarlison, Ascacibar and 30% of the nominees for the Youth Ballon d'Or (Alexander Arnold, Aouar, Kluivert), who of course is predicted to finish outside the top 5.
Post by Futbolmetrix
And, because I'm nice, check whether you didn't give Biraghi an extra point.
I don't think I did. He has 2 points: 1 cap + 1 goal against Poland after you picked him.

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-22 01:58:19 UTC
Post by milivella
[The rules of this thread are simple: write what you want, reply if
you want, ignore if you have to.]
Update on the Four Champions game. Only Icardi and Philipp got on the
scoreboard, if I am not mistaken.

Futbolmetrix (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
6 Icardi
6 Kane
3 Fekir
4 Lacazette
19

milivella (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
1 Gabriel Jesus
3 Firmino
6 Higuain
4 Werner
14

Jesus (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
11 Neymar
1 Fred
0 Rose
0 Taison
11

Jackson (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
1 Maximilian Philipp
7 Florian Thauvin
1 Lautaro Martinez
1 Cucho Hernandez
10

MH (last update: Futbolmetrix, October 27)

5 Dimitri Payer
3 Diego Costa
0 Olivier Giroud
1 Leon Goretzka
9
milivella
2018-10-22 14:44:15 UTC
MH (last update: Futbolmetrix, October 27)
5 Dimitri Payer
Is this a cryptic way to tell MH that he has to pay you before Sunday?

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-24 22:20:03 UTC
On 10/21/2018 9:58 PM, Futbolmetrix wrote:

Goals by Firmino and Kane, distances at the top stay the same. But
milivella has a good chance to catch up tomorrow with Werner and Higuain
versus the lone Lacazette.

Futbolmetrix (last update: Futbolmetrix October 24)
6 Icardi
7 Kane
3 Fekir
4 Lacazette
20

milivella (last update: Futbolmetrix October 24)
1 Gabriel Jesus
4 Firmino
6 Higuain
4 Werner
15

Jesus (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
11 Neymar
1 Fred
0 Rose
0 Taison
11

Jackson (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
1 Maximilian Philipp
7 Florian Thauvin
1 Lautaro Martinez
1 Cucho Hernandez
10

MH (last update: Futbolmetrix, October 27)

5 Dimitri Payet
3 Diego Costa
0 Olivier Giroud
1 Leon Goretzka
9
milivella
2018-10-24 22:56:23 UTC
Goals by Firmino and Kane
Also Dybala, Marcelo, Rafinha... Just sayin'.
Post by Futbolmetrix
distances at the top stay the same. But
milivella has a good chance to catch up tomorrow with Werner and Higuain
versus the lone Lacazette.
Haha, nice try. Weaufx gods, you don't fall for such transparent attemtps, do you?
Post by Futbolmetrix
Jesus (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
11 Neymar
1 Fred
0 Rose
0 Taison
11
12?
Post by Futbolmetrix
MH (last update: Futbolmetrix, October 27)
5 Dimitri Payet
Still creepy.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-10-26 10:38:31 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Futbolmetrix
distances at the top stay the same. But
milivella has a good chance to catch up tomorrow with Werner and Higuain
versus the lone Lacazette.
Haha, nice try. Weaufx gods, you don't fall for such transparent attemtps, do you?
It looks like they do. :( Disappointed in the WGs.

Lo Celso scored a superb goal, though.

Anyway, a goal by Payet makes MH reach Jackson. I have also checked and fixed Jesus' score (Taison suffered a ruptured knee ligament! :( ).

Futbolmetrix (last update: Futbolmetrix October 24)
6 Icardi
7 Kane
3 Fekir
4 Lacazette
20

milivella (last update: Futbolmetrix October 24)
1 Gabriel Jesus
4 Firmino
6 Higuain
4 Werner
15

Jesus (last update: milivella October 25)
11 Neymar
1 Fred
0 Rose
0 Taison
12

Jackson (last update: Futbolmetrix October 21)
1 Maximilian Philipp
7 Florian Thauvin
1 Lautaro Martinez
1 Cucho Hernandez
10

MH (last update: milivella October 25)
6 Dimitri Payet
3 Diego Costa
0 Olivier Giroud
1 Leon Goretzka
10

--
Cheers
milivella
j***@gmail.com
2018-10-27 22:44:28 UTC
I was curious, so here are the best possible teams for each scout (* = player not picked):

Futbolmetrix:
7 Harry Kane
6 Mauro Icardi
4 Alexandre Lacazette
4 Patrick Cutrone*, Roberto Pereyra*, and Paul Pogba*
21

milivella:
6 Gonzalo Higuain
6 Moussa Dembele*
5 Paulo Dybala*
4 Roberto Firmino and Timo Werner
21

MH:
6 Dimitri Payet
5 Thorgan Hazard*
4 Mesut Ozil*
3 Diego Costa
18

Jesus:
11 Neymar
1 Fred
12

Jackson:
7 Florian Thauvin
2 Harry Maguire*
1 Cucho Hernandez, Lautaro Martinez, and Maximilian Philipp
11
milivella
2018-10-27 22:57:42 UTC
Great work, thanks!
Post by j***@gmail.com
7 Harry Kane
6 Mauro Icardi
4 Alexandre Lacazette
4 Patrick Cutrone*, Roberto Pereyra*, and Paul Pogba*
21
6 Gonzalo Higuain
6 Moussa Dembele*
5 Paulo Dybala*
4 Roberto Firmino and Timo Werner
21
Aaargh!

However, I weren't able to pick Dembele, because the rules of the original bet between me and Futbolmetrix was that you couldn't change the squad after the start of the leagues, and Dembele moved to Lyon after the start of Ligue 1. So I would be at 19, with Gabriel Jesus being my big mistake.

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-28 20:42:23 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
7 Harry Kane
6 Mauro Icardi
4 Alexandre Lacazette
4 Patrick Cutrone*, Roberto Pereyra*, and Paul Pogba*
All three on the board today, while no goals for Lacazette and (the
injured?) Fekir. We'll see how things pan out at the end of the season.
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-29 22:10:14 UTC
I like this strategy of waiting for the Monday matches: you first raise
your opponents' hope of closing the gap, and then you actually increase it.

One goal for Higuain, two for his younger, slimmer and more prolific
countryman Icardi.

Futbolmetrix (last update: Futbolmetrix October 29)
8 Icardi
7 Kane
3 Fekir
4 Lacazette
22

milivella (last update: Futbolmetrix October 29)
1 Gabriel Jesus
4 Firmino
7 Higuain
4 Werner
16

Jesus (last update: milivella October 25)
11 Neymar
1 Fred
0 Rose
0 Taison
12

MH (last update: milivella October 25)
6 Dimitri Payet
3 Diego Costa
0 Olivier Giroud
2 Leon Goretzka

10
milivella
2018-10-30 00:33:10 UTC
One goal for Higuain, two for his younger
Fair.
Post by Futbolmetrix
slimmer
Fair...
Post by Futbolmetrix
and more prolific
countryman Icardi.
More prolific? Icardi is now 9,383 days old (25 years, 8 months, 20 days). He has scored 0 (ZERO) goals for the NT:
http://fantasyscout.altervista.org/caps.htm?0=Icardi

At his age (that is, on August 18, 2013) Higuain had scored 20 (TWENTY) international goals:
http://fantasyscout.altervista.org/caps.htm?0=higuain&1=%3C2013-08-19

Ohm sorry, I now get it. You mean "prolific" as in "having more children (with the wife of a pal of yours)"!

--
Cheers
milivella

MH
2018-10-27 16:13:49 UTC
[...]
scored in Europa

6
Post by Futbolmetrix
3 Diego Costa
0 Olivier Giroud
1 Leon Goretzka
Scored vs. Mainz

2
Post by Futbolmetrix
9
11 total ---I really should not have picked only players from teams
active in Europe, since T. Hazard is scoring regularly, and Ozil is
starting to look good again (pretty sure he will not get much playing
time in Europa until after xmas, which is why I left him out), and some
others are also contributing.
milivella
2018-10-27 22:59:25 UTC
MH (last update: Futbolmetrix, October 27)
5 Dimitri Payet
scored in Europa
6
Post by Futbolmetrix
3 Diego Costa
0 Olivier Giroud
1 Leon Goretzka
Scored vs. Mainz
2
Post by Futbolmetrix
9
11 total
Doing your job for you (just this time!).

Futbolmetrix (last update: Futbolmetrix October 24)
6 Icardi
7 Kane
3 Fekir
4 Lacazette
20

milivella (last update: Futbolmetrix October 24)
1 Gabriel Jesus
4 Firmino
6 Higuain
4 Werner
15

Jesus (last update: milivella October 25)
11 Neymar
1 Fred
0 Rose
0 Taison
12

MH (last update: MH October 27)

milivella
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-10-29 14:09:51 UTC
Has any of you picked this guy (Evander da Silva Ferreira)?

https://twitter.com/fcmidtjylland/status/1053972705584824320
milivella
2018-10-30 00:20:43 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Has any of you picked this guy (Evander da Silva Ferreira)?
https://twitter.com/fcmidtjylland/status/1053972705584824320
It may be the right time for you to join the fun...

--
Cheers
milivella