(R) Spuds vs Alphabets
Gabbage
2007-11-29 20:55:17 UTC
Spurs 0-2 AaB (half time)

3' T. Enevoldsen
38' K. Risgård

I have absolutely no idea who AaB are, but Spurs are losing to them a)
by two goals b) at home.
Ted
2007-11-29 21:21:04 UTC
Post by Gabbage
Spurs 0-2 AaB (half time)
3' T. Enevoldsen
38' K. Risgård
I have absolutely no idea who AaB are, but Spurs are losing to them a)
by two goals b) at home.
Bent makes it 3-2 guaranteeing Stalteri won't be getting any burn
today.

Ted
MH
2007-11-29 22:25:22 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Gabbage
Spurs 0-2 AaB (half time)
3' T. Enevoldsen
38' K. Risgård
I have absolutely no idea who AaB are,
I am assume you are being sarcastic but they are from Aalborg in
Denmark, and are giving FC Copenhagen a serious run for their money in
the league this year (behind them only on goal difference).

Post by Ted
Post by Gabbage
by two goals b) at home.
Bent makes it 3-2 guaranteeing Stalteri won't be getting any burn
today.
Not sure what you mean by that, but Stalteri did not play today, though,
exceptionally, he did at least make it onto the bench.
Ted
a***@hotmail.com
MH - is there any league in Europe you DONT follow?
PB
2007-11-30 13:31:28 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by MH
I am assume you are being sarcastic but they are from Aalborg in
Denmark, and are giving FC Copenhagen a serious run for their money in
the league this year (behind them only on goal difference).
MH - is there any league in Europe you DONT follow?
Not to disparage his wide-ranging knowledge, but one of Canada's best
players is Atiba Hutchinson, and he's a star for Copenhagen. As a
result, it's a pretty natural situation for MH to keep an eye on.

By the way, I thought Tottenham's comeback in this game was a little
suspect. On both of Spurs' first two goals, they seemed to get away
with a foul.

Gabbage
2007-11-30 15:22:47 UTC
Post by PB
Not to disparage his wide-ranging knowledge, but one of Canada's best
players is Atiba Hutchinson, and he's a star for Copenhagen. As a
result, it's a pretty natural situation for MH to keep an eye on.
By the way, I thought Tottenham's comeback in this game was a little
suspect. On both of Spurs' first two goals, they seemed to get away
with a foul.
There must've been something odd about both goals, because Livescore
didn't list a scorer for the first goal and initially credited Robbie
Keane for the second. Also, this game reminded me that Darren Bent
exists. What the hell has happened to him?
MH
2007-11-30 15:57:23 UTC
Post by PB
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by MH
I am assume you are being sarcastic but they are from Aalborg in
Denmark, and are giving FC Copenhagen a serious run for their money in
the league this year (behind them only on goal difference).
MH - is there any league in Europe you DONT follow?
Not to disparage his wide-ranging knowledge, but one of Canada's best
players is Atiba Hutchinson, and he's a star for Copenhagen. As a
result, it's a pretty natural situation for MH to keep an eye on.
Too true. My interest in the Greek league (non-existent a couple of
years ago) has also increased. Nsaliwa is holding his place in the AEK
midfield (sometimes defence) so I am surprised Mitchell is not taking a
more serious look at him.
2007-11-30 15:35:40 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by MH
Post by Gabbage
Spurs 0-2 AaB (half time)
3' T. Enevoldsen
38' K. Risgård
I have absolutely no idea who AaB are,
I am assume you are being sarcastic but they are from Aalborg in
Denmark, and are giving FC Copenhagen a serious run for their money in
the league this year (behind them only on goal difference).
MH - is there any league in Europe you DONT follow?
I keep an eye on the results and tables for most leagues, paying special
attention to leagues with Canadian or Scottish players in them. I can't
claim any great knowledge about any league, though. Having lived and/or
worked in Scotland, France, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Switzerland, and
with a Belgian wife, I guess my interests are wide.

Don't know a thing about the Slovenian, Polish, Slovak, Belarusan and
other leagues.
Sven Mischkies
2007-11-30 20:06:10 UTC
Don't know a thing about the ... Polish, ...
Lech rules.

*duck*

Ciao,
SM
--
http://www.gourockviews.co.uk
I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it
Douglas Adams
Paul C
2007-11-29 23:42:56 UTC
Post by Gabbage
Spurs 0-2 AaB (half time)
3' T. Enevoldsen
38' K. Risgård
I have absolutely no idea who AaB are,
I am assume you are being sarcastic but they are from Aalborg in
Denmark, and are giving FC Copenhagen a serious run for their money in
the league this year (behind them only on goal difference).
You should have heard the patronising English commentator doing the TV
broadcast on ITV tonight. The Aalborg players couldn't believe how
fortunate they were to be able to play against such a mighty team as
Spurs from the wonderful EPL. They were quite awestruck (They were
also winning 2-0 at the time.).

English commentators: dontcha just love 'em.
7h@ch
2007-11-30 00:31:03 UTC
Post by Paul C
You should have heard the patronising English commentator doing the TV
broadcast on ITV tonight. The Aalborg players couldn't believe how
fortunate they were to be able to play against such a mighty team as
Spurs from the wonderful EPL. They were quite awestruck (They were
also winning 2-0 at the time.).
English commentators: dontcha just love 'em.
They still can't compete with Andy Gray, the master of daft
commentary.
Paul C
2007-11-30 13:09:25 UTC
Post by ***@ch
Post by Paul C
You should have heard the patronising English commentator doing the TV
broadcast on ITV tonight. The Aalborg players couldn't believe how
fortunate they were to be able to play against such a mighty team as
Spurs from the wonderful EPL. They were quite awestruck (They were
also winning 2-0 at the time.).
English commentators: dontcha just love 'em.
They still can't compete with Andy Gray, the master of daft
commentary.
I hadn't realised Andy Gray was a commentator. I always thought he was
a summariser. But there you go, you learn something new every day.
Benny
2007-11-30 14:53:22 UTC
Subject : (R) Spuds vs Alphabets
I hadn't realised Andy Gray was a commentator. I always thought he was
a summariser. But there you go, you learn something new every day.
That's funny because I always thought he was an ARSEHOLE.

http://soccer-europe.com
Rss feed : http://soccer-europe.com/RSS/News.xml
Gabbage
2007-11-30 12:53:18 UTC
Post by Gabbage
Spurs 0-2 AaB (half time)
3' T. Enevoldsen
38' K. Risgård
I have absolutely no idea who AaB are,
I am assume you are being sarcastic but they are from Aalborg in
Denmark, and are giving FC Copenhagen a serious run for their money in
the league this year (behind them only on goal difference).
I really did not have any idea who they were. I'm afraid that I can
name only about two clubs from each of the Scandinavian countries.
Ted
2007-11-30 21:04:22 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Gabbage
by two goals b) at home.
Bent makes it 3-2 guaranteeing Stalteri won't be getting any burn
today.
Not sure what you mean by that, but Stalteri did not play today, though,
exceptionally, he did at least make it onto the bench.
Just to clarify: "burn" is a basketball term meaning playing time.

What I meant was with a one goal lead it's not likely Spurs would risk
a Stalteri blunder by sending him in. Looks like he's done in the
EPL. Also I don't want him as Canada's captain anymore after his
recent disgraceful performance in the friendly at Durban, SA.

Ted
MH
2007-11-30 21:58:15 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by MH
Post by Ted
Post by Gabbage
by two goals b) at home.
Bent makes it 3-2 guaranteeing Stalteri won't be getting any burn
today.
Not sure what you mean by that, but Stalteri did not play today, though,
exceptionally, he did at least make it onto the bench.
Just to clarify: "burn" is a basketball term meaning playing time.
What I meant was with a one goal lead it's not likely Spurs would risk
a Stalteri blunder by sending him in. Looks like he's done in the
EPL. Also I don't want him as Canada's captain anymore after his
recent disgraceful performance in the friendly at Durban, SA.
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I agree that he must be done with Spurs
as his decline in playing time has been very rapid, and I assume that
corresponds to his decline in form (though having spent a lot of money
on Bale and Chimbonda, Spurs were always going to give them the nod
first anyway).

I thought he looked poorish in the gold cup - on of the weaker members
of the Canadian side. I am surprised he was captain in SA, given that
McKenna was back in the side. I am not sure he (Stalteri) is all that
much use to Canada any more unless he can get regular playing time
somewhere (relegation fodder in EPL ? 2 Bundesliga ? Toronto FC ?).

The core for the immediate future of the Canadian team has to be:

F: Friend, Hume
MF: De Rosario, Hutchinson, De Guzman (hopefully x2), Bernier, Nakajima
MF/D: Nsaliwa, Simpson
D: Hainault, Klukowski, Hastings, McKenna, Brennan

Don't see much point in calling in Radzinski after next year, unless he
hits terrific
form in Greece.
Post by Ted
Ted