Fabregas bemoans 'unjust' defeat
Diabolik
2012-04-24 23:26:29 UTC
Why can't Barca players ever take a defeat like men instead of whining about "unjust" defeats every time they lose?

What is an unjust defeat? Do they have a divine right to win all the time?

"Football is unjust sometimes," Fabregas said.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1053793/cesc-fabregas-bemoans-barcelona's-'unjust'-defeat-to-chelsea?cc=3436
Alkamista
2012-04-24 23:36:30 UTC
Post by Diabolik
Why can't Barca players ever take a defeat like men instead of whining about "unjust" defeats every time they lose?
What is an unjust defeat? Do they have a divine right to win all the time?
"Football is unjust sometimes," Fabregas said.
Maybe he's upset that Chelsea went through despite him fooling the ref
with a dive. Unjust indeed.
The Scrutineer
2012-04-25 00:26:30 UTC
What us unjust? I'm over Cesc...

What was amazing, and R implied, was Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down, with
10 men and sneaking a draw!!!

Top stuff, looking back, the best thing that happened to Di Matteo was
getting sacked, and AVB getting HIRED at Chelsea, without AVB, Di Matteo
wouldb't be at Chelsea right now I suspect!!!
Abubakr
2012-04-25 00:35:54 UTC
Post by The Scrutineer
What us unjust? I'm over Cesc...
What was amazing, and R implied, was Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down,
with 10 men and sneaking a draw!!!
They've had three shots on goal in 180 minutes for 3 goals, in injury
time at the end of halves. Di Matteo couldn't have scripted it if he tried.
Alkamista
I guess it's evens then between the two clubs between 2009 and 2012.
Diabolik
It's not really even, because Chelsea won without any help from the refs.
Abubakr
2012-04-25 05:22:59 UTC
Post by Diabolik
Post by Alkamista
Post by Abubakr
Post by The Scrutineer
What us unjust? I'm over Cesc...
What was amazing, and R implied, was Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down,
with 10 men and sneaking a draw!!!
They've had three shots on goal in 180 minutes for 3 goals, in injury
time at the end of halves. Di Matteo couldn't have scripted it if he tried.
I guess it's evens then between the two clubs between 2009 and 2012.
It's not really even, because Chelsea won without any help from the refs.
Well Drogba did deserve around three yellow cards for his time wasting
theatrics...
Jordi
2012-04-25 20:44:11 UTC
Post by Alkamista
Post by Abubakr
Post by The Scrutineer
What us unjust? I'm over Cesc...
What was amazing, and R implied, was Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down,
with 10 men and sneaking a draw!!!
They've had three shots on goal in 180 minutes for 3 goals, in injury
time at the end of halves. Di Matteo couldn't have scripted it if he tried.
I guess it's evens then between the two clubs between 2009 and 2012.
Precisely. Barça is now in peace with the universe, we can move forward now.

Even though Messi is the one in the limelight, to me most of the blame goes to Cesc, had he buried any of the easy sitters he got in London there would be no need for the drama. Villa surely would have.
Abubakr
2012-04-25 23:58:50 UTC
Post by Jordi
Post by Alkamista
Post by Abubakr
Post by The Scrutineer
What us unjust? I'm over Cesc...
What was amazing, and R implied, was Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down,
with 10 men and sneaking a draw!!!
They've had three shots on goal in 180 minutes for 3 goals, in injury
time at the end of halves. Di Matteo couldn't have scripted it if he tried.
I guess it's evens then between the two clubs between 2009 and 2012.
Precisely. Barça is now in peace with the universe, we can move forward now.
Even though Messi is the one in the limelight, to me most of the blame goes to Cesc, had he buried any of the easy sitters he got in London there would be no need for the drama. Villa surely would have.
Can't let Messi off the hook either. He had as many good chances to
score in the second leg as Fabregas in the first and cocked all of them
up. They both choked. As has Valdes in the last three games. On the
other side Czech has been immense for Chelsea all season; definitely
back to his very best.
Jordi
Messi needs a 3-month rest from competitive football.
Binder Dundat
2012-04-26 12:05:01 UTC
Post by Jordi
Post by Abubakr
Post by Jordi
Post by Alkamista
Post by Abubakr
Post by The Scrutineer
[...]
I am amazed that not only does he play every single game, cup,league,
Europe etc. but he also never gets subbed in a game even if they are
up 10-0.
Diabolik
I think it's selfish for Guardiola to play him that much, he'll get burnt out if he continues like that.
Jellore
Another sore loser.
Abubakr
2012-04-25 02:09:00 UTC
Post by Jellore
Post by Abubakr
Post by The Scrutineer
What us unjust? I'm over Cesc...
What was amazing, and R implied, was Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down,
with 10 men and sneaking a draw!!!
They've had three shots on goal in 180 minutes for 3 goals, in injury
time at the end of halves. Di Matteo couldn't have scripted it if he tried.
Another sore loser.
What did I lose (except a potentially better CL final than we're now
going to have), idiot?
Jellore
Face?
Abubakr
How?
Jellore
Sore loser end of story.
Bruce D. Scott
2012-04-25 07:29:18 UTC
Diabolik (***@gmail.com) wrote:
: Why can't Barca players ever take a defeat like men instead of whining about "unjust" defeats every time they lose?

: What is an unjust defeat? Do they have a divine right to win all the time?

: "Football is unjust sometimes," Fabregas said.

: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1053793/cesc-fabregas-bemoans-barcelona's-'unjust'-defeat-to-chelsea?cc=3436

This sort of thing, feelings of entitlement, is the main reason I don't
like them. Recall Xavi always saying things like "they don't play
football like Barcelona" or "we play football, they just obstruct things".

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/
Diabolik
2012-04-25 07:40:49 UTC
Post by Bruce D. Scott
: Why can't Barca players ever take a defeat like men instead of whining about "unjust" defeats every time they lose?
: What is an unjust defeat? Do they have a divine right to win all the time?
: "Football is unjust sometimes," Fabregas said.
: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1053793/cesc-fabregas-bemoans-barcelona's-'unjust'-defeat-to-chelsea?cc=3436
This sort of thing, feelings of entitlement, is the main reason I don't
like them. Recall Xavi always saying things like "they don't play
football like Barcelona" or "we play football, they just obstruct things".
That's why I don't like them either. Just because they play tic-tac football, they feel they have the right to win even though they score less goals.

If and when they ever get off their pedestal, I'll begin to like them.
Google Beta User
2012-04-25 10:23:15 UTC
Correct.
Alkamista
2012-04-25 16:53:45 UTC
Post by Bruce D. Scott
: Why can't Barca players ever take a defeat like men instead of whining about "unjust" defeats every time they lose?
: What is an unjust defeat? Do they have a divine right to win all the time?
: "Football is unjust sometimes," Fabregas said.
:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1053793/cesc-fabregas-be...
This sort of thing, feelings of entitlement, is the main reason I don't
like them.  Recall Xavi always saying things like "they don't play
football like Barcelona" or "we play football, they just obstruct things".
Allow me to be the third poster to agree. Xavi is easily the worst in
the arrogance department, but looks like Cesc is becoming an able
protege. Guardiola didn't help either with his patronizing Wilshire
comments, and I don't buy the "context' of the remarks defense (though
I don't think Pep is generally an arrogant person). The two Barca guys
who keep their feet on the ground are the ones I like the most,
Iniesta and Puyol.

Another ironic thing, Barca's now extreme form of tiki-taka could also
be described as anti-football. If a team stays horizontal for 30
passes and doesn't let the other team have the ball then that's hardly
entertaining either. In fact, it's becoming quite boring (I say this
as an former fan of their style).