Primeira Liga [R]
Futbolmetrix
2020-06-06 15:59:05 UTC
The second most important league to reopen has been the Portuguese Primeira Liga, with a couple of shock results midweek: Porto lost to Famalicao, but Benfica couldn't take advantage, being held to a 0-0 draw by lowly Tondela. With 9 matches to go, the two giants are tied at the top of the table on 60 points.

Interesting stuff I learned: Famalicao is owned by Israeli billionaire Idan Ofer, who also has a 32% stake in Atletico Madrid.
Binder Dundat
2020-06-06 16:22:51 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
The second most important league to reopen has been the Portuguese Primeira Liga, with a couple of shock results midweek: Porto lost to Famalicao, but Benfica couldn't take advantage, being held to a 0-0 draw by lowly Tondela. With 9 matches to go, the two giants are tied at the top of the table on 60 points.
Interesting stuff I learned: Famalicao is owned by Israeli billionaire Idan Ofer, who also has a 32% stake in Atletico Madrid.
Apparently there were crowds outside the Benfica stadium, or they just opened shopping malls in Lisbon-the stadium is across the street from the stadium.

Lots of leagues playing now, Austria, Denmark, Poland, Czech, I think the Swedes have been playing most of the time?

I am actually, kinda getting use to Ghost Games on TV, still dont like it, but play is getting better.
Jesper Lauridsen
2020-06-09 20:05:12 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Lots of leagues playing now, Austria, Denmark, Poland, Czech, I
think the Swedes have been playing most of the time?
I am actually, kinda getting use to Ghost Games on TV, still dont
like it, but play is getting better.
The limit for events in Denmark has been raised to 500 persons, so a small
contigent of fans will be present for the next matches. Meanwhile
clubs are working on crafty schemes to partition the stands, to allow
for multiples of 500. It remains to be seen if that will be allowed.

Going off topic:
While Bundesliga players were kneeling and wearing BLM armbands
(consistently called a "strong signal" by all the ARD reporters),
Black Lives Matter Denmark has accused Hans Hüttel - the founder of
this very forum - of "racism, misogyny and white supremacy" and called
him a liar.

His crime? Working to arrange a protest while not being sufficiently dark.

Source: https://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/aalborg/sort-stoette-demo-i-kaos-den-lokale-arrangoer-er-blinde-hvide-maend-der-ikke-tager-hensyn-til-de-sorte/631ae3af-eed9-498d-9509-55e0899401d4
Jesper Lauridsen
2020-06-18 16:37:59 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
The limit for events in Denmark has been raised to 500 persons, so a small
contigent of fans will be present for the next matches. Meanwhile
clubs are working on crafty schemes to partition the stands, to allow
for multiples of 500. It remains to be seen if that will be allowed.
The coming weekend will have 3 matches, where the stadiums are
sectioned up. It's an official test, with the matches selected by the
federation. Highest expected attendance is around 3000. If successful,
all matches should follow.

I also heard something about Dortmund working on getting 20000 into
their final game of the season?

Saturday I might be going to an actual game. Admittance is free, but
you have to bring your own chair, to comply with seating regulations.
Binder Dundat
2020-06-18 19:04:57 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
[...]
I am more amazed that they got that many black people for a photo, must be the whole black population of Aalborg?

Sorry, too soon? I thought BLM was over and Covid was back again. I only get CNN, so I dont really get any real news.

Oh and that guy actually invented RSS?

Anyhow, surprisingly not a lot of football on tv today. RealMadrid v Valencia on soon. Gonna go jump in the lake, cool the core, wrestle some 100 year old snapping turtles, underwater, as I believe in fairness. Then get out of the 40C heat and watch football. It is so hot I dont even want beer!
Werner Pichler
2020-07-01 19:09:00 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
Lots of leagues playing now, Austria, Denmark, Poland, Czech, I
think the Swedes have been playing most of the time?
I am actually, kinda getting use to Ghost Games on TV, still dont
like it, but play is getting better.
The limit for events in Denmark has been raised to 500 persons, so a small
contigent of fans will be present for the next matches. Meanwhile
clubs are working on crafty schemes to partition the stands, to allow
for multiples of 500. It remains to be seen if that will be allowed.
Erm...

https://twitter.com/klausegelund/status/1278396198450331652

Ciao,
Werner
Jesper Lauridsen
2020-07-20 22:27:17 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
The limit for events in Denmark has been raised to 500 persons, so a small
contigent of fans will be present for the next matches. Meanwhile
clubs are working on crafty schemes to partition the stands, to allow
for multiples of 500. It remains to be seen if that will be allowed.
Erm...
https://twitter.com/klausegelund/status/1278396198450331652
34 people left the stadium and were detained by the police, so they
missed seeing their team lose yet another cup final. I say "left",
because that's what all media reported, but surely they were ejected?

Anyway, fans are back with grounds running at up to 40% capacity.
Seperate entraces, facilities, and admission times for different
sections. This was my view last Sunday:
also
https://streamable.com/ddc2y2
(wait for the behind goal replay)

Not being able to go to away games does strange things to people
(Werner may consider not clicking the link):
https://stiften.dk/artikel/glade-agf-fans-fejrede-sejren-med-fest-i-bybilledet
Bruce Scott
2020-06-06 18:57:18 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
The second most important league to reopen has been the Portuguese
Primeira Liga, with a couple of shock results midweek: Porto lost to
Famalicao, but Benfica couldn't take advantage, being held to a 0-0
draw by lowly Tondela. With 9 matches to go, the two giants are tied
at the top of the table on 60 points.
Interesting stuff I learned: Famalicao is owned by Israeli billionaire
Idan Ofer, who also has a 32% stake in Atletico Madrid.
Yes that's another previously obscure team with a sugar daddy. Me and a
colleague from Lisbon have been following their progress. He's a
Sporting fan so will be happy about the other Two sputtering like this.
But Sporting are having a bad season (Braga were 3rd going into this
weekend). After SLB Tondela there were a pack of unrulies who threw
stones at the team bus as it got back to the training ground across the
bridge to the South of the city (Seixal, it is called). Theo Weigl, who
also got minor scrapes when the Dortmund bus was bombed in 2017, got
some broken glass. The main danger is to the eyes, but he and a
teammate got treatment and were lucky not to have got any damage. There
is no trace of the rowdies who did this, who may never be caught.
ciao, Bruce
Werner Pichler
2020-06-06 20:42:05 UTC
Post by Bruce Scott
Post by Futbolmetrix
[...]
Julian! Theo is the guy with the eyebrows. :)

Ciao,
Werner
ciao, Bruce
Bruce Scott
2020-06-06 21:51:18 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Julian! Theo is the guy with the eyebrows. :)
Ah, you're right :-)
ciao, Bruce der Zugroasta
Futbolmetrix
2020-06-29 19:18:08 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
The second most important league to reopen has been the Portuguese Primeira Liga, with a couple of shock results midweek: Porto lost to Famalicao, but Benfica couldn't take advantage, being held to a 0-0 draw by lowly Tondela. With 9 matches to go, the two giants are tied at the top of the table on 60 points.
Benfica loses 2-0 to Maritimo. Their record after the restart: 1W, 2D, 2L. Schalke-esque.

Porto has been only slightly better, but can extend their lead to 6 points if they can beat Pacos de Ferreira
Futbolmetrix
2020-07-17 02:44:31 UTC
In the end there wasn't much of a title race due to Benfica's post-COVID collapse. Porto crowned champions for the 29th time, still eight shy of Benfica.
Mark
What went wrong for Benfica!? That was some collapse!
HASM
2020-07-17 13:57:47 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by Futbolmetrix
In the end there wasn't much of a title race due to Benfica's
post-COVID collapse. Porto crowned champions for the 29th time,
still eight shy of Benfica.
What went wrong for Benfica!? That was some collapse!
Lage couldn't manage a João Félix-less team?

-- HASM
Bruce Scott
2020-07-17 14:28:59 UTC
Post by Mark
What went wrong for Benfica!? That was some collapse!
Lage couldn't manage a Jo??o F??lix-less team?
:-)

Some teams faced the fact that conditions are different, and spent extra
time ensuring the players would face it in a professional manner. See
Bayern and Man U. Others sputtered even though they are the best teams.
See Liverpool and Man City. Others never remotely got their act
together. See Schalke and Benfica. Of those, some already had "there's
a worm in there" already before the break. See Leicester and Hamburg.
It's like that. But it's a credit to the teams that steamrolled after
the break, that they not only played well but made the effort to get
their mentality in gear, facing the situation before it started.

Sadly, Benfica seem to have not come close to getting it together. See
how next season goes...
--
ciao, Bruce