THE EPL 18/19 SOPHCON [R may be exposed throughout the season, implied or direct]
anders t
2018-07-22 16:42:06 UTC
ANNOUNCING: THE EPL 18/19 SOPHCON
DEADLINE AT KICK-OFF OF THE ABSOLUTELY FIRST MATCH

The drill is even more well-known by now.

Download the spreadsheet to fill in here:
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx

No single prediction can be less than 0.001.

Welcome Bots and Humans alike are!

Send the entry (the filled-in spreadsheet with your moniker) here:
anthu_001[ *-*-*-*- ]hotmail.com
Replace [ *-*-*-*- ] with the at-symbol first. -

Before you send in check that all the OKs are there.

Good Luck!
--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08
The Doctor
Life is an adventure in forgiveness. -Norman Cousins
anders t
2018-08-05 17:00:43 UTC
Post by anders t
ANNOUNCING: THE EPL 18/19 SOPHCON
DEADLINE AT KICK-OFF OF THE ABSOLUTELY FIRST MATCH
The drill is even more well-known by now.
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx
No single prediction can be less than 0.001.
Welcome Bots and Humans alike are!
anthu_001[ *-*-*-*- ]hotmail.com
Replace [ *-*-*-*- ] with the at-symbol first. -
Before you send in check that all the OKs are there.
Good Luck!
Don´t forget! (NO entries as of yet...)
anders t
2018-08-07 17:24:11 UTC
Post by anders t
Don´t forget! (NO entries as of yet...)
Aggie is in (of course -she never misses these).
MH is in.
(AT will be in).

Come on! Bots and Hums!
anders t
anders t
Futbolmetrix
Coming...(with a boatload of BOTs, hopefully). In fact, I hope you don't mind I advertise it on my twitter and get more probabilistically based forecasts
anders t
2018-08-09 18:14:38 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Don´t forget! (NO entries as of yet...)
Aggie is in (of course -she never misses these).
MH is in.
(AT will be in).
Come on! Bots and Hums!
JP confirmed in!
And JL!
And Werner and Futbolmetrix (his own)!
Futbolmetrix
2018-08-09 11:06:31 UTC
Can you fix the spreadsheet so that Wolverhampton comes after West Ham ? It's going to throw BOTs off that things are not in alphabetical order. Thanks,
Werner Pichler
2018-08-09 11:11:08 UTC
Post by anders t
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx
Can you fix the spreadsheet so that Wolverhampton comes after West Ham ? It's
going to throw BOTs off that things are not in alphabetical order. Thanks,
This is why machines will never take over the world.

Murat Bey
Wait until they spawn the self-conscious AI which starts spawning its own self-conscious models. Then we'll be in trouble.
Futbolmetrix
They have a much harder time coping with the fact that zeros can't exist!
Jesus Petry
2018-08-09 11:59:47 UTC
They are ahead of West Ham in alphabetical order because they are Wanderers!

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
anders t
2018-08-09 14:57:07 UTC
Post by anders t
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx
Can you fix the spreadsheet so that Wolverhampton comes after West Ham ? It's going to throw BOTs off that things are not in alphabetical order. Thanks,
Just change on all you enter, and I'll fix the others afterwards.
Futbolmetrix
2018-08-09 19:38:04 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by anders t
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx
Can you fix the spreadsheet so that Wolverhampton comes after West Ham ? It's going to throw BOTs off that things are not in alphabetical order. Thanks,
Just change on all you enter, and I'll fix the others afterwards.
I entered everything using your order, should be correct. Here are the ClubElo and TransferMarkt predictions, by the way:

https://twitter.com/Futbolmetrix1/status/1027639733885837312

(also sent by email)
anders t
anders t
2018-08-10 06:08:26 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by anders t
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by anders t
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx
Can you fix the spreadsheet so that Wolverhampton comes after West Ham ? It's going to throw BOTs off that things are not in alphabetical order. Thanks,
Just change on all you enter, and I'll fix the others afterwards.
https://twitter.com/Futbolmetrix1/status/1027639733885837312
(also sent by email)
Confirmed!
Three more bots via Futbolmetrix confirmed.
anders t
2018-08-10 06:09:33 UTC
Post by anders t
ANNOUNCING: THE EPL 18/19 SOPHCON
DEADLINE AT KICK-OFF OF THE ABSOLUTELY FIRST MATCH
The drill is even more well-known by now.
http://www.allt2.se/b143990/sophcon/spc_epl1819_yournamehere.xlsx
No single prediction can be less than 0.001.
Welcome Bots and Humans alike are!
anthu_001[ *-*-*-*- ]hotmail.com
Replace [ *-*-*-*- ] with the at-symbol first. -
Before you send in check that all the OKs are there.
Good Luck!
Remember the deadline at kickoff already today ___FRIDAY___!!!
anders t
2018-08-10 14:18:17 UTC
Post by anders t
Remember the deadline at kickoff already today ___FRIDAY___!!!
Deadline is coming!
anders t
2018-08-10 14:59:24 UTC
Valid entries so far (with about 4 hours to go):

HUMS:
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
(AT)

AGGIES:
AG (AGGIE)

BOTS:
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
anders t
2018-08-10 15:01:09 UTC
Post by anders t
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
(AT)
Also: MB needs to fix his entry - has been emailed about it.
Post by anders t
AG (AGGIE)
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
TO BE UPDATED!
Post by anders t
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
anders t
2018-08-10 15:52:04 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
(AT)
Also: MB needs to fix his entry - has been emailed about it.
Post by anders t
AG (AGGIE)
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
TO BE UPDATED!
Nope, it did not need to!
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
anders t
2018-08-10 18:26:04 UTC
Quoting anders t in rec.sport.soccer:
Valid entries so far (with about 4 hours to go):

HUMS:
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
(AT)
Also: MB needs to fix his entry - has been emailed about it.
---> MURAT! Time flies! Soon just 30 minutes to send in the fix!

AGGIES:
AG (AGGIE)

BOTS (all via FM):
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
EL (EloNT)

My entry:
.100 .249 .177 .350 .123 .001
.001 .001 .001 .100 .567 .330
.001 .001 .001 .100 .567 .330
.001 .001 .001 .100 .567 .330
.001 .001 .001 .100 .553 .344
.150 .369 .190 .190 .100 .001
.001 .001 .001 .014 .833 .150
.001 .050 .010 .100 .739 .100
.001 .001 .001 .014 .833 .150
.001 .001 .001 .100 .567 .330
.001 .050 .010 .100 .739 .100
.218 .670 .100 .010 .001 .001
.218 .670 .100 .010 .001 .001
.150 .463 .193 .192 .001 .001
.001 .001 .001 .015 .832 .150
.001 .001 .001 .015 .832 .150
.150 .369 .190 .190 .100 .001
.001 .001 .001 .100 .567 .330
.001 .050 .010 .100 .739 .100
.001 .050 .010 .100 .739 .100
Futbolmetrix
2018-08-10 18:41:43 UTC
there will be 2 more BOT entries, one by FiveThirtyEight, who just published its predictions: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

And one by @EightyFivePoints, who tweeted a screenshot of his predictions on July 31: https://twitter.com/EightyFivePoint/status/1024256991680753664?s=19

in both cases, I won't be able to fill in the spreadsheet with the right numbers before the deadline, but I promise not to cheat, and Anders has graciously agreed to accept the entries anyway.
anders t
Murat Bey
Sorry, missed this deadline I suppose (I'm on vacation and my response time could be delayed at times, sorry), just saw the email that says I can't have 0.0 entried in any cells.
anders t
2018-08-11 19:33:26 UTC
Post by Murat Bey
Post by anders t
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
(AT)
Also: MB needs to fix his entry - has been emailed about it.
---> MURAT! Time flies! Soon just 30 minutes to send in the fix!
Sorry, missed this deadline I suppose (I'm on vacation and my response time could be delayed at times, sorry), just saw the email that says I can't have 0.0 entried in any cells.
In my defense, so to speak, it is also stated in text + red color marking
of "0.0 cells" in the excel file, and in the rss thread start for this
sophcon.

I will accept your late correction today or tomorrow, but you can only
change 0.0 cells to 0.001 cells and adjust the other cells with the very
small changes necessary to maintain the OKs for the rows and column totals.
anders t
2018-08-12 07:21:56 UTC
The entries!

HUMS:
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
AT
(MB?)

AGGIES:
AG (AGGIE)

BOTS (all via FM):
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
EL (EloNT)
8Y (8Yards8Feet)
85 (Eightyfivepoints)
38 (FiveThirtyEight)
anders t
2018-08-12 20:51:21 UTC
Post by anders t
The entries!
WP
MH
JP
JL
FM
AT
MB
Post by anders t
AG (AGGIE)
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
EL (EloNT)
8Y (8Yards8Feet)
85 (Eightyfivepoints)
38 (FiveThirtyEight)
Futbolmetrix
2018-08-12 22:51:34 UTC
To be precise
Post by anders t
TM (TransferMarkt)
CE (ClubElo)
EL (EloNT)
BO (Bookies)
38 (FiveThirtyEight)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
8Y (8Yards8Feet)
85 (Eightyfivepoints)
anders t
2018-08-25 10:01:07 UTC
STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 2

b_38 -37,1725569687287
b_bo -41,1505639041173
b_gp -41,2556772875686
b_el -41,7060764333034
h_mb -42,9257640306720
b_8y -43,0342744963873
b_re -43,3295174615514
h_jp -44,0473874684421
b_85 -44,5767516754156
a_ag -45,0052055723518
b_sa -46,8246118047859
h_at -48,2838363934752
b_it -48,3170209943619
b_ce -48,5154457815314
h_mh -50,5147271775241
h_fm -53,4342094707212
h_wp -54,8555261670628
b_tm -57,6865252605908
h_jl -62,2091267459322

bots -39,8892939120472
hums -42,7286215323622
anders t
2018-09-02 19:12:25 UTC
Standings after ROUND 4

b_38 -39,1130864370246
h_mb -43,5942185986416
h_jp -44,7067711462703
a_ag -45,0052055723518
b_bo -45,0366681518653
b_el -45,1504144465869
b_gp -45,3080401451800
b_re -47,3139799696398
b_it -47,5894870841381
h_at -48,3528292649621
b_85 -52,1909355794033
b_8y -52,7147903004786
b_sa -57,2050465096593
b_ce -57,9917378487994
h_mh -58,1320125582808
h_fm -60,8269511135193
b_tm -61,8334243098165
h_wp -63,6675210774207
h_jl -69,0693522003221

bots -39,8892939120472
hums -42,7286215323622
anders t
2018-09-28 11:24:09 UTC
Post by anders t
Standings after ROUND 4
b_38 -39,1130864370246
h_mb -43,5942185986416
h_jp -44,7067711462703
a_ag -45,0052055723518
b_bo -45,0366681518653
b_el -45,1504144465869
b_gp -45,3080401451800
b_re -47,3139799696398
b_it -47,5894870841381
h_at -48,3528292649621
b_85 -52,1909355794033
b_8y -52,7147903004786
b_sa -57,2050465096593
b_ce -57,9917378487994
h_mh -58,1320125582808
h_fm -60,8269511135193
b_tm -61,8334243098165
h_wp -63,6675210774207
h_jl -69,0693522003221
bots -39,8892939120472
hums -42,7286215323622
Standings after ROUND 6
b_38 -37,5753511922186
b_bo -41,0782758925640
b_re -41,9413115261546
h_mb -42,1913949355705
b_it -42,6806494820642
h_jp -42,6949497922654
b_85 -43,3425453827247
b_gp -43,5516982299679
b_el -43,9764609602579
a_ag -45,0052055723518
b_ce -46,0485789571360
b_tm -46,9402504131986
h_at -47,1173577935768
h_fm -48,7158449689937
b_sa -49,2006248657544
h_mh -49,7601852171361
b_8y -50,0628505883261
h_wp -52,8753195607807
h_jl -58,7574123509145

bots -39,8011150467777
hums -41,7123323983158
Futbolmetrix
2018-10-01 10:29:26 UTC
Post by anders t
Standings after ROUND 6
b_38 -37,5753511922186
b_bo -41,0782758925640
b_re -41,9413115261546
Such a large gap between 538 and the other bots is unusual. I'll have to check that I didn't make any mistakes in the entry.
anders t
anders t
2018-11-02 19:30:28 UTC
Standings after ROUND 10

b_38 -37,2949169401963
b_bo -37,9368612514415
b_gp -39,5871453861313
b_el -39,9191275945260
b_re -40,6695872508862
h_at -41,7165613725118 <- Best Hum!
b_85 -41,8999847300402
h_jp -42,3509381790184
b_8y -42,6609040881730
h_mb -42,9257640306720
b_it -43,1051027365519
b_sa -43,1330937686101
a_ag -45,0052055723518
b_ce -46,2508143084928
h_mh -47,6905765963725
h_fm -48,7901813814395
h_wp -48,9308702896270
b_tm -51,6709752225563 <- Worst Bot
h_jl -57,9087708557938 (I´ll be considerate.)

bots -39,2163646640463
hums -41,0400253733552
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-02 20:32:42 UTC
Post by anders t
Standings after ROUND 10
b_38 -37,2949169401963
b_bo -37,9368612514415
b_gp -39,5871453861313
b_el -39,9191275945260
b_re -40,6695872508862
You'll have to remind us what all these abbreviations stand for...
Post by anders t
b_tm -51,6709752225563 <- Worst Bot
Funny how TransferMarkt is currently in first place in both the CL and
EL Sophcons, but is doing so poorly in the EPL one...
anders t
2018-11-03 08:17:14 UTC
Post by anders t
b_tm -51,6709752225563 <- Worst Bot
Funny how TransferMarkt is currently in first place in both the CL and
EL Sophcons, but is doing so poorly in the EPL one...
HUMS:
WP, MH, JP, JL, FM, AT, MB
AGGIES:
AG (AGGIE)
BOTS (all via FM):
TM (TransferMarkt)
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
CE (ClubElo)
BO (Bookies)
EL (EloNT)
8Y (8Yards8Feet)
85 (Eightyfivepoints)
38 (FiveThirtyEight)

-----------------------
Your elaboration:
BOTS (all via FM):
To be precise
Prediction methods that I developed:
TM (TransferMarkt)
CE (ClubElo)
EL (EloNT)
Where I collected the data and made adjustments to make them fit into the
SophCon:
BO (Bookies)
38 (FiveThirtyEight)
Other people's predictions:
SA (SilverAurora)
RE (Remiqz)
IT (IntactTactic)
GP (GoalProjection)
8Y (8Yards8Feet)
85 (Eightyfivepoints)
-----------------------
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-11-03 18:21:54 UTC
Post by anders t
Standings after ROUND 10
Fake news!

But seriously, check the formula in the Y column (8-17 ranking).
anders t
2018-11-03 19:44:34 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by anders t
Standings after ROUND 10
Fake news!
But seriously, check the formula in the Y column (8-17 ranking).
Woah!

How come noone saw this before, including me? Nice catch.

Correction and update follows...!
anders t
2018-11-03 19:49:50 UTC
Forget all earlier standings. There was a blatant error in the 8-17 column.
Thanks to Jesper the bug is now squeezed.

Here is the correct standing (I hope) after 10 rounds:

b_gp -19,3139112850577
b_bo -19,9330564782061
b_sa -21,2827124293649
b_38 -21,3769319182078
b_85 -21,6855624545036
b_8y -22,0087938204699
b_re -22,2707493707593
b_el -22,8680459168510
b_it -23,3228766545862
b_ce -23,8249298327778
h_jp -24,3381523447015 <- The best Hum!
h_fm -24,7001617224181
h_wp -25,1487568551715
h_mh -25,5027634723204
h_at -25,6912212014150 <- Not the best Hum.
h_mb -26,8074026711745
a_ag -28,9108264480108
b_tm -29,5929850641343 <- Still the worst Bot.
h_jl -31,9998784387790 <- What can I say?

bots -20,8168853546166
hums -22,1278740504990
anders t
2018-11-23 22:12:28 UTC
STANDINGS AFTER 12 ROUNDS

Bot domination.

b_sa -17,1330180787204
b_bo -17,2780529795445
b_gp -17,6612778788696
b_8y -18,0605904876876
b_85 -18,7311366779607
b_38 -19,6897876027163
b_re -19,7756808775848
b_ce -19,9031900822597
h_fm -20,3608511308438 <- Hum leader.
b_it -21,5311398167368
b_el -21,9584353247744
h_wp -23,5158026344540
h_jp -23,6942067662925
b_tm -23,9359893579016 <- Worst bot.
h_mh -24,0955119543096
h_at -24,1302709908498
h_mb -25,7630871331238
a_ag -28,9108264480108
h_jl -30,8812985976318 <- Won't comment.

bots -18,0697990707603
hums -20,4217047659003
anders t
2018-12-23 21:22:01 UTC
STANDINGS AFTER 18 ROUNDS

b_gp -16,8569160213173
h_at -17,2041368062007
b_8y -17,5976177384776
h_wp -17,9938089785949
b_bo -18,2033056960829
b_sa -18,3813645291303
b_it -19,2390909711961
b_85 -19,3522965052306
h_fm -19,4626599317445
h_mh -19,4689901468038
b_re -19,6790936725387
b_ce -20,4331808913113
b_38 -21,2538007681628
h_jp -22,5095827195968
h_jl -23,3010882883371
b_el -23,3841142962618
b_tm -24,4618444167153
h_mb -26,9105434300940
a_ag -28,9108264480108

bots -18,5991903455335
hums -19,3387227216383
anders t
2019-01-15 18:40:29 UTC
STANDINGS AFTER 22 ROUNDS

h_fm -17,9614356039506 <--- Hum#1
h_wp -18,0822299519145
b_8y -18,3514141225684 <--- Bot#1
h_at -18,3760673036584
b_gp -18,4445180463710
b_bo -18,4748255185422
b_85 -18,9128644377231
b_sa -18,9994048166458
h_mh -19,1372282344828
b_it -19,3906561575874
b_re -19,7400767829982
b_ce -19,8506003444744
b_38 -21,6383238214592
h_jl -22,0911384657152
h_jp -23,1888269949878
b_el -23,5042863860942
b_tm -24,0195570390721
h_mb -26,9105434300940
a_ag -28,9108264480108

bots -18,8993215249512
hums -19,3236444410685
Futbolmetrix
2019-01-15 20:34:09 UTC
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 22 ROUNDS
h_fm -17,9614356039506 <--- Hum#1
Yay!
We should really call this at this point: everything up to now was the Real (tm) season, eveything beyond today will be irredeemably corrupted by all the crazy January transfer dealings...
anders t
2019-01-16 11:11:47 UTC
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 22 ROUNDS
h_fm -17,9614356039506 <--- Hum#1
Yay!
We should really call this at this point: everything up to now was the Real (tm) season, eveything beyond today will be irredeemably corrupted by all the crazy January transfer dealings...
:-)

Isn't it interesting that three of the Top-4 are humans?
AI is overrated. Big Data is dead.
Werner Pichler
2019-01-16 11:17:29 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 22 ROUNDS
h_fm -17,9614356039506 <--- Hum#1
Yay!
We should really call this at this point: everything up to now was the Real
(tm) season, eveything beyond today will be irredeemably corrupted by all
the crazy January transfer dealings...
:-)
Isn't it interesting that three of the Top-4 are humans?
AI is overrated. Big Data is dead.
It would be interesting know which teams' results have the biggest influence on
our score, so that we know who to root for!

2019-01-16 17:55:14 UTC
Watford in 7th place is the team that is currently hurting my score the most. If Everton were to climb to 7th place, my score would drop from 17.96 to 15.12, and I would extend my lead over the BOTs for which I have the detailed score (which is not everybody). But I suspect that others would gain a lot from that too.
anders t
2019-01-18 20:08:50 UTC
It would be interesting know which teams' results have the biggest influence on
our score, so that we know who to root for!
WORST SCORE (HUMS ONLY)

JL: 6,21... Watford.
MH: 4,83... Watford.
FM: 3,91... Watford.
JP: 3,00... Arsenal.
MB: 3,00... Arsenal.
WP: 3,00... Watford.
AT: 2,30... Watford.
MH
2019-01-19 02:15:36 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by Werner Pichler
It would be interesting know which teams' results have the biggest influence on
our score, so that we know who to root for!
WORST SCORE (HUMS ONLY)
JL: 6,21... Watford.
MH: 4,83... Watford.
FM: 3,91... Watford.
JP: 3,00... Arsenal.
MB: 3,00... Arsenal.
WP: 3,00... Watford.
AT: 2,30... Watford.
So if we substitute Leicester, Everton or West Ham for Watford, how
close are things at the top ? My score goes to ... confusing ... if I
plug in those teams. The scores for the teams 8-17 are all really high
and my total is over 40. Was the calculation on the original form for
this set incorrectly for the 8-17 columns ?
anders t
2019-01-19 11:05:14 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by Werner Pichler
It would be interesting know which teams' results have the biggest influence on
our score, so that we know who to root for!
WORST SCORE (HUMS ONLY)
JL: 6,21... Watford.
MH: 4,83... Watford.
FM: 3,91... Watford.
JP: 3,00... Arsenal.
MB: 3,00... Arsenal.
WP: 3,00... Watford.
AT: 2,30... Watford.
So if we substitute Leicester, Everton or West Ham for Watford, how
close are things at the top ? My score goes to ... confusing ... if I
plug in those teams. The scores for the teams 8-17 are all really high
and my total is over 40. Was the calculation on the original form for
this set incorrectly for the 8-17 columns ?
Yes, see my reply to Jesper (who found the bug).
Post by anders t
Post by MH
Post by anders t
Post by Werner Pichler
It would be interesting know which teams' results have the biggest influence on
our score, so that we know who to root for!
WORST SCORE (HUMS ONLY)
JL: 6,21... Watford.
MH: 4,83... Watford.
FM: 3,91... Watford.
JP: 3,00... Arsenal.
MB: 3,00... Arsenal.
WP: 3,00... Watford.
AT: 2,30... Watford.
So if we substitute Leicester, Everton or West Ham for Watford, how
close are things at the top ? My score goes to ... confusing ... if I
plug in those teams. The scores for the teams 8-17 are all really high
and my total is over 40. Was the calculation on the original form for
this set incorrectly for the 8-17 columns ?
Yes, see my reply to Jesper (who found the bug).
Yeah, I eventually figured it out.

So here are the results (my current scores) subsituting plausible 7th
place finishers for Watford (who might not have appeared plausible to
any of us before the season, but they certainly are plausible now)

Everton - 15.248
Leicester - 15.77
West Ham -17.918
Crystal Palace -16.443
Wolves - 18.344
Bournemouth - 16.646

All of those except Palace within 3 points of Watford right now.
Futbolmetrix
2019-01-16 17:51:21 UTC
Anyway, there is almost always at least one human who beats the BOTs. Not clear it will happen this year too...
anders t
2019-01-30 22:49:27 UTC
STANDINGS AFTER 24 ROUNDS

h_fm -16,1887605372453
b_sa -17,2074233070015
b_bo -17,3349676801365
h_at -17,7249945262920
b_85 -17,8140059161675
b_gp -18,1819268569859
b_re -18,1951717706829
b_ce -18,3725243231277
b_it -18,4700311036418
h_mh -19,1261249663990
b_8y -19,3874052389166
h_wp -19,7250184302569
b_tm -20,2437732382609
b_38 -20,8342966711395
h_jp -22,4495712367745
h_jl -23,0928221607681
b_el -23,3101561615090
h_mb -25,8662278920433
a_ag -28,9108264480108

bots -17,7233621699834
hums -18,7447982444738
anders t
2019-04-24 20:38:29 UTC
FINALLY, all teams again on the same number of games.

Standings after 35 rounds.

b_sa -11,7023247998524 <--- Bamazing.
b_8y -14,2921217096897
b_bo -14,5951746697617
h_fm -15,1353304713704 <--- Hamazing.
b_gp -15,5594513064850
b_re -16,4510339595956
b_85 -16,5155335998483
b_it -16,5315347185390
b_ce -16,6748071922517
h_at -17,4025251183028 <--- 2nd hum, 8/11 bots ahead.
h_mh -17,7081334490915
h_wp -19,0998442332832
b_tm -19,3344957891291
b_el -19,3980846483944
b_38 -19,6950682493152
h_jl -20,7117037943493
h_jp -22,1548306725342
h_mb -25,8909205046337
a_ag -28,9108264480108

bots -15,3345834084791
hums -17,8082504395727
anders t
2019-05-09 20:33:06 UTC
STANDINGS AFTER 37 ROUNDS

b_sa -11,7023247998524
b_8y -14,2921217096897
b_bo -14,5951746697617
h_fm -15,1353304713704
b_gp -15,5594513064850
b_re -16,4510339595956
b_85 -16,5155335998483
b_it -16,5315347185390
b_ce -16,6748071922517
h_at -17,4025251183028
h_mh -17,7081334490915
h_wp -19,0998442332832
b_tm -19,3344957891291
b_el -19,3980846483944
b_38 -19,6950682493152
h_jl -20,7117037943493
h_jp -22,1548306725342
h_mb -25,8909205046337
a_ag -28,9108264480108

bots -15,3345834084791
hums -17,8082504395727

What can happen?
a) Man City/Liverpool
b) Tottenham/Arsenal (unlikely due to GD)
c) Arsenal/Man United

That's it.
MH
2019-05-09 21:32:56 UTC
Post by anders t
What can happen?
a) Man City/Liverpool
For me Liverpool = -17.665, zCity = -17.708
Post by anders t
b) Tottenham/Arsenal (unlikely due to GD)
c) Arsenal/Man United
Man United finishing 5th lowers my score to below -18
That's it.
Futbolmetrix
2019-05-09 21:36:01 UTC
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 37 ROUNDS
b_sa -11,7023247998524
b_8y -14,2921217096897
Can you double check b_sa's entry? Such a large gap ahead of second place is a bit unusual
anders t
2019-05-09 22:01:38 UTC
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 37 ROUNDS
b_sa -11,7023247998524
b_8y -14,2921217096897
Can you double check b_sa's entry? Such a large gap ahead of second place is a bit unusual
At least I don't see any obvious errors.

It has, for instance:
0.876 for City (1)
0.798 for Liverpool (2-4)
0.781 for Tottenham (2-4)
0.612 for Chelsea (2-4)

Worst is:
Wolves at 0.055 (-2.90....)
Fulham at 0.253 (-1.37....)
Arsenal at 0.271 (-1.30....)
The rest are all higher than -1
anders t
2019-05-09 22:04:28 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 37 ROUNDS
b_sa -11,7023247998524
b_8y -14,2921217096897
Can you double check b_sa's entry? Such a large gap ahead of second place is a bit unusual
At least I don't see any obvious errors.
0.876 for City (1)
0.798 for Liverpool (2-4)
0.781 for Tottenham (2-4)
0.612 for Chelsea (2-4)
Wolves at 0.055 (-2.90....)
Fulham at 0.253 (-1.37....)
Arsenal at 0.271 (-1.30....)
The rest are all higher than -1
Should Liverpool overtake City it becomes 16,43.... total.
anders t
2019-05-12 09:04:15 UTC
Post by anders t
Post by anders t
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by anders t
STANDINGS AFTER 37 ROUNDS
b_sa -11,7023247998524
b_8y -14,2921217096897
Can you double check b_sa's entry? Such a large gap ahead of second place is a bit unusual
At least I don't see any obvious errors.
0.876 for City (1)
0.798 for Liverpool (2-4)
0.781 for Tottenham (2-4)
0.612 for Chelsea (2-4)
Wolves at 0.055 (-2.90....)
Fulham at 0.253 (-1.37....)
Arsenal at 0.271 (-1.30....)
The rest are all higher than -1
Should Liverpool overtake City it becomes 16,43.... total.
_IF_ City screws up (and all other remains)

h_fm -16,1887605372453
b_bo -16,2931177458517
b_sa -16,4374486527633
h_at -17,4025251183028
b_gp -17,4397446451571
b_it -17,5865716033154
h_mh -17,6655738346727
b_85 -17,7375840208834
b_re -17,7528569217958
b_ce -18,1605170347122
b_8y -18,2098446972931
b_tm -19,8060491913684
h_wp -20,1304835383651
b_38 -20,4876787476413
h_jl -22,0711709132361
h_jp -22,4495712367745
b_el -22,4902471641859
h_mb -25,8662278920433
a_ag -28,9108264480108

bots -17,1135900723610
hums -18,3727412033088
anders t
2019-05-12 15:34:17 UTC
Post by anders t
[...]
Nothing more happened. The standings above after 37 rounds becomes the
final standing.

Congratulations Bot Silver Aurora!
And the consolation prize for best hum goes to Futbolmetrox!