Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 38 - League (ISR) Matchday 6 (May 20)
Add Reply
milivella
2018-05-14 23:53:38 UTC
DIFFERENT DEADLINES THIS WEEK!

.

What to do
-----------

If you don't play in Tier 2, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's
pick!

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before Thursday May 17, 11:59 AM GMT
- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
- After the home deadline (or even sooner, if the home player has
picked their teams) and before Saturday May 19, 11:59 AM GMT
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent - Pick one of the
teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team,
you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard
the last vote)
- Their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the
home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks
a team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

milivella - Jesus Petry
Cagliari - Atalanta
Hammarby - AIK Stockholm

Betty Boop - Futbolmetrix
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg

Tier 2

MH - Lassie
Cagliari - Atalanta
Hammarby - AIK Stockholm

The Doctor - El Kot
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg

Tier 3

Jesper Lauridsen - Werner Pichler
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg

Mark - Diabolik
Cagliari - Atalanta
Hammarby - AIK Stockholm

Results, fixtures and tables
----------------------------

M in the table means matches in which you have picked: you need at
least 3 each season

Matchdays:
1 = 2018.04.14-15
2 = 2018.04.21
3 = 2018.04.28-29
4 = 2018.05.05-06
5 = 2018.05.12
6 = 2018.05.20

Tier 1
------

Matchday 1
Jesus Petry 1-3 milivella (Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv - Maccabi Netanya)
Futbolmetrix 2-2 Betty Boop (Maccabi Petach Tikva - Bnei Sakhnin)

Matchday 2
milivella 0-4 Futbolmetrix (Leverkusen - Dortmund)
Betty Boop 2-0 Jesus Petry (H. Ironi Kiryat Shmona - Bnei Sakhnin)

Matchday 3
Futbolmetrix 2-2 Jesus Petry (Hapoel Haifa - Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Betty Boop 1-3 milivella (Bnei Sakhnin - Hapoel Raanana)

Matchday 4
Jesus Petry 1-4 Futbolmetrix (Beitar Jerusalem - Hapoel Beer Sheva)
milivella 1-1 Betty Boop (Bnei Sakhnin - Maccabi Haifa)

Matchday 5
Jesus Petry 2-0 Betty Boop (Maccabi Petach Tikva - Hapoel Ashkelon)
Futbolmetrix 2-0 milivella (Maccabi Haifa - Hapoel Raanana)

Matchday 6
milivella - Jesus Petry (Team - Team)
Betty Boop - Futbolmetrix (Team - Team)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
----------------------------------
Futbolmetrix 4 3 2 0 14 5 +9 8
----------------------------------
milivella 5 2 1 2 7 9 -2 5
Betty Boop 5 1 2 2 6 8 -2 4
----------------------------------
Jesus Petry 5 1 1 3 6 11 -5 3

Tier 2
------

Matchday 1
Lassie 1-0 MH (Hapoel Raanana - H. Ironi Kiryat Shmona)
El Kot 1-3 The Doctor (Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv - Maccabi Netanya)

Matchday 2
MH 0-4 El Kot (Leverkusen - Dortmund)
The Doctor 2-0 Lassie (Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona - Bnei Sakhnin)

Matchday 3
El Kot 2-2 Lassie (Hapoel Haifa - Maccabi Tel Aviv)
The Doctor 1-3 MH (Bnei Sakhnin - Hapoel Raanana)

Matchday 4
Lassie 0-1 El Kot (Valencia - Villareal)
MH 1-1 The Doctor (Bnei Sakhnin - Maccabi Haifa)

Matchday 5
Lassie 2-0 The Doctor (Maccabi Petach Tikva - Hapoel Ashkelon)
El Kot 2-0 MH (Maccabi Haifa - Hapoel Raanana)

Matchday 6
MH - Lassie (Team - Team)
The Doctor - El Kot (Team - Team)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
--------------------------------
El Kot 4 3 1 1 10 5 +5 7
--------------------------------
The Doctor 5 2 1 2 7 7 0 5
Lassie 5 2 1 2 5 5 0 5
--------------------------------
MH 4 1 1 3 4 9 -5 3

Tier 3
------

Matchday 1
Werner Pichler 3-1 Jesper Lauridsen (Maccabi Netanya - Bnei Yehuda)
Diabolik 2-2 Mark (M. Petach Tikva - Beni Sakhnin)

Matchday 2
Jesper Lauridsen 2-0 Diabolik (H. Kiryat Shmona - B. Sakhnin)
Mark 1-1 Werner Pichler (Valencia - Celta)

Matchday 3
Diabolik 1-0 Werner Pichler (FC Ashdod - Hapoel Ashkelon)
Mark 2-2 Jesper Lauridsen (Hapoel Haifa - M. Tel Aviv)

Matchday 4
Werner Pichler 1-0 Diabolik (Villareal - Valencia)
Jesper Lauridsen 1-1 Mark (Bnei Sakhnin - Maccabi Haifa)

Matchday 5
Werner Pichler 2-0 Mark (Maccabi Haifa - Hapoel Raanana)
Diabolik 0-2 Jesper Lauridsen (H. Ashkelon - M. Petach Tikva)

Matchday 6
Jesper Lauridsen - Werner Pichler (Team - Team)
Mark - Diabolik (Team - Team)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
--------------------------------------
Werner Pichler 4 3 1 1 7 3 +4 7
--------------------------------------
Jesper Lauridsen 5 2 2 1 8 6 +2 6
Mark 5 0 4 1 6 8 -2 4
Diabolik 1 1 1 3 3 7 -4 3

--
Cheers
milivella
The Doctor

Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
El Kot
2018-05-19 09:21:50 UTC
Post by milivella
Lazio
Elfsborg
Post by milivella
The Doctor - El Kot
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg
Fry me! In any event, it is inconceivable to choose against my favorite Italian
team, so:

Göteborg
No, no, you can't e-mail me with the nono.
Mark
2018-05-16 07:41:28 UTC
Post by milivella
[...]
The Swedish League? Sao Paulo v Santos isn't an evenly matched enough game for UPT?

Atalanta and Hammarby
milivella
2018-05-20 23:00:28 UTC
Post by Mark
The Swedish League? Sao Paulo v Santos isn't an evenly matched enough game for UPT?
Actually... yes, it was. This time I considered the Brazilian league
first, but found no balanced enough matches. :)

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-19 00:28:19 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Mark
The Swedish League? Sao Paulo v Santos isn't an evenly matched enough game for UPT?
Actually... yes, it was. This time I considered the Brazilian league
first, but found no balanced enough matches. :)
?! I think I meant "it was _not_ [an evenly matched enough game]".

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-05-16 08:30:05 UTC
Post by milivella
Jesper Lauridsen - Werner Pichler
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg
A straight up final for a CL spot, and a derby. They have some good
games in Israel this week.

1. Lazio
2. Göteborg
Werner Pichler
2018-05-16 21:04:32 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by milivella
Jesper Lauridsen - Werner Pichler
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg
A straight up final for a CL spot, and a derby. They have some good
games in Israel this week.
1. Lazio
2. Göteborg
No way I go for Inter.

Elfsborg.

milivella
2018-05-20 23:10:52 UTC
No way I go for Inter.
History have never seen such a strong alliance.
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-05-21 20:08:37 UTC
90+5! What kind of next level Swedish mafia bullshit is that?
Werner Pichler
2018-05-21 20:18:38 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by milivella
Post by Werner Pichler
No way I go for Inter.
History have never seen such a strong alliance.
90+5! What kind of next level Swedish
House
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
mafia bullshit is that?
Get Frick-in in!

Jesus Petry
2018-05-21 20:24:53 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by milivella
Post by Werner Pichler
No way I go for Inter.
History have never seen such a strong alliance.
90+5! What kind of next level Swedish mafia bullshit is that?
Bah... This goal even relegated me instead of... BETTY!
Should we call the FBI?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Werner Pichler
2018-05-21 20:32:57 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by milivella
Post by Werner Pichler
No way I go for Inter.
History have never seen such a strong alliance.
90+5! What kind of next level Swedish mafia bullshit is that?
Bah... This goal even relegated me instead of... BETTY!
Should we call the FBI?

Report anything suspicious!

milivella
2018-05-16 20:57:00 UTC
Post by milivella
milivella - Jesus Petry
Cagliari - Atalanta
Hammarby - AIK Stockholm
There's still a chance I go down, so let's play it right. Atalanta
have Cristante and Petagna, so they're my top pick. Then, in order to
optimize my pick to get the Bergamaschi, I pick Neto Borges' Hammarby.
Jesus, you don't want to play against a Brazilian player, do you?
Post by milivella
Betty Boop - Futbolmetrix
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg
Betty picks:
1. Elfsborg
2. Lazio

Will Futbolmetrix pick IFC or IFK?

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesus Petry

Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-05-17 05:29:41 UTC
No way I pick Inter. Goteborg, please
MH
2018-05-16 21:40:17 UTC
Post by milivella
DIFFERENT DEADLINES THIS WEEK!
Fixtures
--------
Tier 1
milivella - Jesus Petry
Cagliari - Atalanta
Hammarby - AIK Stockholm
Betty Boop - Futbolmetrix
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg
Tier 2
MH - Lassie
Cagliari - Atalanta
Hammarby - AIK Stockholm
I am doomed anyway.

1. Cagliari
2. Hammarby
Post by milivella
The Doctor - El Kot
Lazio - Inter
Elfsborg - IFK Göteborg
Futbolmetrix
2018-05-17 05:30:55 UTC
Post by milivella
MH - Lassie
   Cagliari - Atalanta
   Hammarby - AIK Stockholm
I am doomed anyway.
1. Cagliari
2. Hammarby
Lassie picks Atalanta.
milivella
2018-05-20 23:13:01 UTC
Only half of the matches have been played.

The rankings are updated to the matchday 6 matches that have been
played so far.

Tier 1
------

milivella 0-1 Jesus Petry (Hammarby - AIK Stockholm)
Betty Boop - Futbolmetrix (Elfsborg - IFK Goteborg)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
----------------------------------
Futbolmetrix 5 3 2 0 14 5 +9 8
----------------------------------
milivella 6 2 1 3 7 10 -3 5
Jesus Petry 6 2 1 3 7 11 -4 5
----------------------------------
Betty Boop 6 1 2 2 6 8 -2 4

Tier 2
------

MH 1-0 Lassie (Cagliari - Atalanta)
The Doctor - El Kot (Elfsborg - IFK Goteborg)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
--------------------------------
El Kot 5 3 1 1 10 5 +5 7
--------------------------------
The Doctor 6 2 1 2 7 7 0 5
Lassie 6 2 1 3 5 6 -1 5
--------------------------------
MH 5 2 1 3 5 9 -4 5

Tier 3
------

Jesper Lauridsen - Werner Pichler (IFK Goteborg - Elfsborg)
Mark 0-1 Diabolik (Atalanta - Cagliari)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
--------------------------------------
Werner Pichler 5 3 1 1 7 3 +4 7
--------------------------------------
Jesper Lauridsen 6 2 2 1 8 6 +2 6
Diabolik 1 2 1 3 4 7 -3 5
Mark 6 0 4 2 6 9 -3 4

--
Cheers
milivella
The Doctor
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding. -H. H. Williams
milivella
2018-05-22 23:01:40 UTC
The league is over. It sucked.

Tier 1
------

milivella 0-1 Jesus Petry (Hammarby - AIK Stockholm)
Betty Boop 1-1 Futbolmetrix (Elfsborg - IFK Goteborg)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
----------------------------------
Futbolmetrix 5 3 3 0 15 6 +9 9
----------------------------------
Betty Boop 6 1 3 2 7 9 -2 5
milivella 6 2 1 3 7 10 -3 5
----------------------------------
Jesus Petry 6 2 1 3 7 11 -4 5

Futbolmetrix ends the season unbeaten. Bleah.

Unfortunately Jesus gets relegated. Of course he will be the favourite
for promotion next season, but Tier 2 is hard.

Tier 2
------

MH 1-0 Lassie (Cagliari - Atalanta)
The Doctor 1-1 El Kot (Elfsborg - IFK Goteborg)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
--------------------------------
El Kot 5 3 2 1 11 6 +5 8
--------------------------------
The Doctor 6 2 2 2 8 8 0 6
Lassie 6 2 1 3 5 6 -1 5
--------------------------------
MH 5 2 1 3 5 9 -4 5

Congratulations to Elko, who joins the UPT elite!

Tier 3
------

Jesper Lauridsen 1-1 Werner Pichler (IFK Goteborg - Elfsborg)
Mark 0-1 Diabolik (Atalanta - Cagliari)

Player M W D L 3GF GA 2GD 1P
--------------------------------------
Werner Pichler 5 3 2 1 8 4 +4 8
--------------------------------------
Jesper Lauridsen 6 2 3 1 9 7 +2 7
Diabolik 1 2 1 3 4 7 -3 5
Mark 6 0 4 2 6 9 -3 4

Werner to Tier 2. Congratulations!

Mark finish the season... unwinning?! What a fall from grace.

.

.

.

And here are all the results, for the win.

Tier 1
------

milivella
milivella
2018-05-24 10:58:22 UTC
Post by milivella
The league is over. It sucked.
Actually, it sucked so far that the game takes a break. See you in
August!

--
Cheers
milivella
Mark
A 3 month mid-season break? What about the Cup? How long have FC Mark got to wait for our 1st win of the season?
milivella
2018-11-19 00:34:02 UTC
Post by Mark
A 3 month mid-season break? What about the Cup? How long have FC Mark got to wait for our 1st win of the season?
Have you considered the chance of zero wins in a season? :)

(In the cup Mark qualified over Jesper thanks to a Villareal drawing at
Sevilla [1], then he went out against Futbolmetrix. Now the question is:
is Mark vs. Jesper a rare legitimate case of "they won 0-0"?)

--
Cheers
milivella
Mark
2018-11-19 09:12:01 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Mark
A 3 month mid-season break? What about the Cup? How long have FC Mark got to wait for our 1st win of the season?
Have you considered the chance of zero wins in a season? :)
(In the cup Mark qualified over Jesper thanks to a Villareal drawing at
is Mark vs. Jesper a rare legitimate case of "they won 0-0"?)
--
Cheers
milivella
Rare? It's been happening all season in Uruguay! (everybody's been beating El Tanque Sisley 0-0).

Wasn't my match with Jesper a draw, and a win on penalties?
milivella
2018-11-19 09:31:50 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by milivella
Post by Mark
A 3 month mid-season break? What about the Cup? How long have FC Mark got to wait for our 1st win of the season?
Have you considered the chance of zero wins in a season? :)
(In the cup Mark qualified over Jesper thanks to a Villareal drawing at
is Mark vs. Jesper a rare legitimate case of "they won 0-0"?)
--
Cheers
milivella
Rare? It's been happening all season in Uruguay! (everybody's been beating El Tanque Sisley 0-0).
Wasn't my match with Jesper a draw, and a win on penalties?
Yep. But isn't a win on penalties counted as a draw for statistical
purposes? :)

--
Cheers
milivella
Mark
Yep. I finished last season with a record of won 0, drawn 5, lost 3.
milivella
2018-11-20 23:52:53 UTC
Post by Mark
I finished last season with a record of won 0, drawn 5, lost 3.
Every good story has the hero ending up in the abyss just before the
triumph...

--
Cheers
milivella