Marko Marin Watch Update
2015-08-25 17:23:21 UTC
After loans to Sevilla, Fiorentina and Anderlecht he's now been loaned out to
Trabzonspor. He's still under contract with Chelsea until 2017. If it continues
like that, Winston Bogarde will have been a better buy.

Binder Dundat
2015-08-25 18:51:11 UTC
After loans to Sevilla, Fiorentina and Anderlecht he's now been loaned out to
Trabzonspor. He's still under contract with Chelsea until 2017. If it continues
like that, Winston Bogarde will have been a better buy.
Blasphemy!
Chelsea ruined him! Possibly the German national team too.
If he had decided to play for Bosnia Herz. people would not even be
talking about Zvjezdan Misimović!

So who is this Winston Bogarde guy? I have never heard of a Winston
Bogarde Watch Update.
Jesper Lauridsen
2015-08-26 19:32:06 UTC
After loans to Sevilla, Fiorentina and Anderlecht he's now been loaned out to
Trabzonspor.
Even Anderlecht couldn't use him. Let that sink in.
Post by Werner Pichler
He's still under contract with Chelsea until 2017. If it continues
like that, Winston Bogarde will have been a better buy.
I would have been a better buy. Free transfer and I would be willing to
sign for £5000 per week-
Binder Dundat
2015-10-01 03:51:06 UTC
Just saw this come across the wire at Marko Marin Watch HQ. Nothing can
be confirmed, but we have reports stating "Marin to be jailed at Trump
Tower". We repeat, this is breaking news that can not be confirmed.
sign for £5000 per week-
Werner Pichler
2015-10-01 06:32:40 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Just saw this come across the wire at Marko Marin Watch HQ. Nothing can
be confirmed, but we have reports stating "Marin to be jailed at Trump
Tower". We repeat, this is breaking news that can not be confirmed.
You'll like the fact that Felix is rumoured to become the new Greek national
coach?

Binder Dundat
2015-10-01 09:52:01 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Just saw this come across the wire at Marko Marin Watch HQ. Nothing can
be confirmed, but we have reports stating "Marin to be jailed at Trump
Tower". We repeat, this is breaking news that can not be confirmed.
You'll like the fact that Felix is rumoured to become the new Greek national
coach?
Yes, I would find it funny in an ironic sort of way.

As it turns out, the Marko Marin HQ news feed caught an article which
related to Jose Marie Marin going to jail and not Marko Marin.

http://www.espnfc.com/brazil/story/2640799/jose-maria-marin-to-pay-%E2%82%AC9m-for-trump-tower-jail-report
2015-10-29 17:44:17 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Binder Dundat
Just saw this come across the wire at Marko Marin Watch HQ. Nothing can
be confirmed, but we have reports stating "Marin to be jailed at Trump
Tower". We repeat, this is breaking news that can not be confirmed.
You'll like the fact that Felix is rumoured to become the new Greek national
coach?
Yes, I would find it funny in an ironic sort of way.
Incredibly enough, the Greeks did the one thing that would be weirder than
hiring Felix and so their new national coach is called Michael Skibbe.

Binder Dundat
2015-10-29 20:29:00 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by Binder Dundat
Just saw this come across the wire at Marko Marin Watch HQ. Nothing can
be confirmed, but we have reports stating "Marin to be jailed at Trump
Tower". We repeat, this is breaking news that can not be confirmed.
You'll like the fact that Felix is rumoured to become the new Greek national
coach?
Yes, I would find it funny in an ironic sort of way.
Incredibly enough, the Greeks did the one thing that would be weirder than
hiring Felix and so their new national coach is called Michael Skibbe.
I dont know if that would be weirder then hiring Otto Rehagel.
Murat Ataman
2015-10-01 18:07:42 UTC
I happened to briefly watch Trabzon-Gala game a couple weeks ago when I was visiting an old friend and Marin looked like man of the match, but he was poor at the finishing end of the business. Still his dribbling seemed too much for Gala defenders.
milivella
2015-12-16 02:24:22 UTC
I'll just leave this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3wy9ux/through_the_legs_skill_by_marko_marin_for/

--
Cheers
milivella
Binder Dundat
2015-12-17 02:53:31 UTC
This is the kind of thing we need to see more of at MMWU HQ
milivella
2015-12-17 20:08:50 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
This is the kind of thing we need to see more of at MMWU HQ
Ask and you will receive:
http://minus.com/lyNlS30fJfwnK

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesper Lauridsen
2015-12-18 13:01:47 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Binder Dundat
This is the kind of thing we need to see more of at MMWU HQ
http://minus.com/lyNlS30fJfwnK
I've tried this link on 3 different platforms and the image just isn't
milivella
2015-12-18 14:54:47 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by milivella
Post by Binder Dundat
This is the kind of thing we need to see more of at MMWU HQ
http://minus.com/lyNlS30fJfwnK
I've tried this link on 3 different platforms and the image just isn't
The GIF itself is

Anyway, here is the same thing (but lower video quality) on YouTube:

--
Cheers
milivella
Jesper Lauridsen
2016-08-24 00:30:28 UTC
After loans to Sevilla, Fiorentina and Anderlecht he's now been loaned out to
Trabzonspor. He's still under contract with Chelsea until 2017. If it continues
like that, Winston Bogarde will have been a better buy.
The might Marin moves to Olympiakos. And, this is the real sensation, it's
not a loan! The Greeks have actually plonked down hard borrowed cash for him.
Binder Dundat
2017-06-19 00:40:49 UTC
Been a busy week at the Marko Marin Watch Update HQ. Like a Phoenix, Marko has risen from the ashes. Yes, that is what the kikcer website actually said about him.

First Marko makes kicker magazine on a slideshow of what happened to the U-21 2009 champions-you know, the team with Neuer and Ozil and Hummels etc. What makes the photo on the slideshow better is that it is an action photo of Marko going up against the only other player that would make Marko look the giant of a man he is, Toronto FC's Sebastian Giovinco.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/u21/startseite/629153/2/slideshow_die-europameister-von-2009_was-wurde-aus-den-u-21-helden.html

Then Marko makes the kicker list -as pointed out by Werner in another thread. With another great action photo of an older, yet nimble looking Marko.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/startseite/680108/2/slideshow_kroos-thront-ueber-allen---oezils-absturz.html

Let me just say that we have the utmost respect for German team trainer Joachimm Loew, here at MMWHQ, but we can not believe how Marko was overlooked for the confed cup team, I mean come on, Emre Can was picked for that team!

Of course his personal website will give you all the info you need, that is if it has been updated?

http://www.markomarin.com/
Murat Bey
2017-06-19 02:08:49 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Werner Pichler
After loans to Sevilla, Fiorentina and Anderlecht he's now been loaned out to
Trabzonspor. He's still under contract with Chelsea until 2017. If it continues
like that, Winston Bogarde will have been a better buy.
The might Marin moves to Olympiakos. And, this is the real sensation, it's
not a loan! The Greeks have actually plonked down hard borrowed cash for him.
He was playing in Turkey last year, I don't know how he did in the end or where he is now.

Just checked, he's in Greece, playing for Olympiacos. 4 goals 4 assists in 14 league goals.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marko-marin/profil/spieler/35251
Futbolmetrix
2017-06-19 10:46:58 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
First Marko makes kicker magazine on a slideshow of what happened to the U-21 2009
champions-you know, the team with Neuer and Ozil and Hummels etc. What makes
the photo on the slideshow better is that it is an action photo of Marko going
up against the only other player that would make Marko look the giant of a
man he is, Toronto FC's Sebastian Giovinco.
Actually, Giovinco looks bigger and stronger than your man Marko in that
photo.
Binder Dundat
2017-08-22 21:14:56 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
First Marko makes kicker magazine on a slideshow of what happened to the U-21 2009
champions-you know, the team with Neuer and Ozil and Hummels etc. What makes
the photo on the slideshow better is that it is an action photo of Marko going
up against the only other player that would make Marko look the giant of a
man he is, Toronto FC's Sebastian Giovinco.
Actually, Giovinco looks bigger and stronger than your man Marko in that
photo.
This could be the busiest year ever at the Marko Marin Watch. He is with Olympiakos, no he is Olympiakos, wears no 10 for them, so you know he is the team.

for those that did not see it

Werner Pichler
2017-08-22 21:27:39 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by Binder Dundat
First Marko makes kicker magazine on a slideshow of what happened to the
U-21 2009 champions-you know, the team with Neuer and Ozil and Hummels
etc. What makes the photo on the slideshow better is that it is an
action photo of Marko going up against the only other player that would
make Marko look the giant of a man he is, Toronto FC's Sebastian Giovinco.
Actually, Giovinco looks bigger and stronger than your man Marko in that
photo.
This could be the busiest year ever at the Marko Marin Watch. He is with
Olympiakos, no he is Olympiakos, wears no 10 for them, so you know he is the
team.
for those that did not see it
http://youtu.be/ujdl16-4ZdM
His first Champions League goal since September 2010. Also, his second Champions
League goal ever.

2017-09-24 21:43:57 UTC
€250 million bid from PSG incoming

https://streamable.com/bsgbb
Werner Pichler
2017-09-24 23:21:21 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
€250 million bid from PSG incoming
https://streamable.com/bsgbb
Wow!

2018-04-03 15:28:52 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
This could be the busiest year ever at the Marko Marin Watch. He is with
Olympiakos, no he is Olympiakos, wears no 10 for them, so you know he is the
team.
The team, all of them, just got sent 'on vacation' by their president

https://www.eurosport.com/football/go-on-holiday-olympiacos-president-orders-every-player-to-leave-mid-season_sto6698964/story.shtml

https://www.sport1.de/internationaler-fussball/2018/04/olympiakos-piraeus-praesident-marinakis-beurlaubt-team-um-marko-marin

It's never boring at the Marko Marin Watch! (or the Marinakis watch, for that
matter).

Lleo
2018-04-03 21:45:25 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
This could be the busiest year ever at the Marko Marin Watch. He is with
Olympiakos, no he is Olympiakos, wears no 10 for them, so you know he is
the team.
The team, all of them, just got sent 'on vacation' by their president
https://www.eurosport.com/football/go-on-holiday-olympiacos-president-orders-every-player-to-leave-mid-season_sto6698964/story.shtml
https://www.sport1.de/internationaler-fussball/2018/04/olympiakos-piraeus-praesident-marinakis-beurlaubt-team-um-marko-marin
It's never boring at the Marko Marin Watch! (or the Marinakis watch, for
that matter).
Well, yes, I can see how unacceptable it is not to win an eighth in a row
(or 20th in 22, for that matter...)

Go AEK!

Lléo
Binder Dundat
2018-04-24 04:06:07 UTC
I assume the owner has called them back from vacation to finish the season, at least Marko was called back. But called back only to be physically assaulted by a referee, no, I would say it far worse than assault, I would say this is a clear case of Murder in the first degree. You dont see him getting up, I can only assume he was trampled to death? What this so called referee (I would call him a homicidal maniac) did, would be like punching a new born infant. I will be surprised if he is ever able to play again. Sad end to the Marko Marin Watch RIP.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/sport/marko-marin-appears-to-dive-after-referee-push-in-altercation-for-olympiacos-in-greek-super-league/

Marin has announced plans to file a lawsuit against the referee.
Lléo
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-04-26 23:02:30 UTC
http://youtu.be/TsHJwiWhTCs
Gruesome pictures. That was absolutely brutal.
Bruce D. Scott
2018-04-27 09:47:10 UTC
Jesper Lauridsen <***@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:

|> Gruesome pictures. That was absolutely brutal.

A feather duster might have been worse...
--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/
Binder Dundat
2018-06-04 11:54:04 UTC
After that brutal attack by the referee in Greece, Marko is negotiating a deal to get out, to a safe place, namely Red Star Belgrade. Not official yet, but MMW will be the first to let you know when he has signed.
Jesper Lauridsen
2018-06-17 16:56:46 UTC
Not picking Marko has doomed Germany.
Werner Pichler
2018-06-23 16:18:42 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by Binder Dundat
After that brutal attack by the referee in Greece, Marko is negotiating
a deal to get out, to a safe place, namely Red Star Belgrade. Not
official yet, but MMW will be the first to let you know when he has
signed.
Not picking Marko has doomed Germany.
He never gets no respect

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1010490814080995328

Binder Dundat
I dunno who those dumb clowns are, but I be Marko thinks nothing of them either, none of them have played in as many top flight leagues.
Binder Dundat
2018-08-16 13:29:55 UTC
We are a little bit in limbo here at the MMWHQ. It would appear Marko is still under contract at Loympiakos, but is not on the team anymore. As reported here last season he was violently assaulted by a referee and also had the owner ban the team after they failed to win the league.

He is supposedly set to join Red Star in 2020, so yeah, he is in limbo right now. But, we have recently heard reports of him going to the MLS, stay tuned.
Binder Dundat
2018-08-17 07:28:37 UTC
Due to the recent inactivity, there are rumours that the Marko Marin Watch may change its name to the Michy Batshuayi Watch. I can neither confirm nor deny these rumours.
HASM
2018-09-01 02:10:25 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
We are a little bit in limbo here at the MMWHQ.
Via reddit here:
https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/9by6vw/marko_marin_is_the_new_player_of_crvena_zvezda/
https://twitter.com/crvenazvezdafk/status/1035655731532451840

Marko Marin will be in the CL with Red Star Belgrade.

-- HASM
Binder Dundat
2018-09-09 14:19:03 UTC
Post by HASM
Post by Binder Dundat
We are a little bit in limbo here at the MMWHQ.
https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/9by6vw/marko_marin_is_the_new_player_of_crvena_zvezda/
https://twitter.com/crvenazvezdafk/status/1035655731532451840
Marko Marin will be in the CL with Red Star Belgrade.
-- HASM
I just would not be a proper UCL without him.

I may be wrong, but I believe this will be is eleventh club.
HASM
2018-09-09 14:37:06 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
I may be wrong, but I believe this will be is eleventh club.
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko_Marin
has:

Youth:
–1996 SG 01 Hoechst
1996–2005 Eintracht Frankfurt
2005–2006 Borussia Mönchengladbach

Senior:
2006–2007 Borussia Mönchengladbach II
2007–2009 Borussia Mönchengladbach
2009–2012 Werder Bremen
2012–2016 Chelsea
2013–2014 → Sevilla (loan)
2014–2015 → Fiorentina (loan)
2015 → Anderlecht (loan)
2015–2016 → Trabzonspor (loan)
2016–2018 Olympiacos
2018– Red Star Belgrade

Thus 10 senior clubs, 12 total, if you count both Borussia teams, 11 if
you don't, thus you're right.

-- HASM
Futbolmetrix
2018-09-10 12:55:30 UTC
Post by HASM
Thus 10 senior clubs, 12 total, if you count both Borussia teams, 11 if
you don't, thus you're right.
But has he played in the CL with all 10 of them?

And raises an interesting trivia question: which player has played in the CL (proper, excluding qualifiers) with the highest number of different clubs?

Zlatan would seem to be a good candidate with 7: Ajax(?), Juve, Virgins, Barca, Prostitutes, PSG, ManU(?). [Just checked: yes, all those teams are correct, including 16 minutes for ManU in 2017-2018. And his 13 appearances with Ajax in the 2002-2003 season are still the record for a single season]
Werner Pichler
2018-09-17 07:10:47 UTC
Post by HASM
Thus 10 senior clubs, 12 total, if you count both Borussia teams, 11 if
you don't, thus you're right.
But has he played in the CL with all 10 of them?
Only with Werder and Olympiacos.
Post by Futbolmetrix
And raises an interesting trivia question: which player has played in the CL
(proper, excluding qualifiers) with the highest number of different clubs?
Zlatan would seem to be a good candidate with 7: Ajax(?), Juve, Virgins,
Barca, Prostitutes, PSG, ManU(?). [Just checked: yes, all those teams are
correct, including 16 minutes for ManU in 2017-2018. And his 13 appearances
with Ajax in the 2002-2003 season are still the record for a single season]
I believe Zlatan's seven teams are indeed the record.

Anelka might be second with 6 (Arsenal, Real, PSG, Fenerbahçe, Chelsea, and
4 minutes for Juventus).

Morientes, Crespo and Eto'o have 5.

Binder Dundat
2018-10-04 19:10:16 UTC
Post by Binder Dundat
Pleased to announce a new update, Marko Marin scores!!!!!! In the UCL no
less! Leading Red Star to...uhmmm... it does not really matter what or who
or whatever about the game, all that is important is that Marko has some
news we can update on the MMW.
His 2nd ever Champions League goal. The first one came in September 2010 for
Bremen against Spurs.

2018-10-04 20:18:09 UTC
Post by Futbolmetrix
And raises an interesting trivia question: which player has played in the CL
(proper, excluding qualifiers) with the highest number of different clubs?
Zlatan would seem to be a good candidate with 7: Ajax(?), Juve, Virgins,
Barca, Prostitutes, PSG, ManU(?). [Just checked: yes, all those teams are
correct, including 16 minutes for ManU in 2017-2018. And his 13 appearances
with Ajax in the 2002-2003 season are still the record for a single season]
I believe Zlatan's seven teams are indeed the record.
Anelka might be second with 6 (Arsenal, Real, PSG, Fenerbahçe, Chelsea, and
4 minutes for Juventus).
Morientes, Crespo and Eto'o have 5.
How many did Henrik Larsson appear for in the CL ? Looks like only 3
from what I can tell.
2018-11-06 18:17:10 UTC
Not to brag, but I'm actually watching Marin right now.
MH
2018-11-06 18:30:03 UTC
And a Canadian GK is keeping a clean sheet so far.
Werner Pichler
2018-11-06 18:48:20 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Not to brag, but I'm actually watching Marin right now.
And he‘s making it worth your while!

Binder Dundat
2018-11-07 02:47:23 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Not to brag, but I'm actually watching Marin right now.
And he‘s making it worth your while!
Lallana should be banned for life for that slide on Marko, that was a Marko Marin Watch ending tackle! Anyhow, serves the arrogant WWEpl team right to lose, playing their B team against the fricking great Marko Marin!
Also, not sure if this ref is Greek, but did not like his tone and behavior towards Marko, not one little bit. I think he should be banned for life as well.