Will Lille's young players go like hotcakes after this season
MH
2019-04-15 21:10:05 UTC
Lille have done well this year (CL almost guaranteed now after
yesterday's humiliation of PSG). And it has been quite heavily dependent
on some good youngsters. I wonder how many will be sold and what the
asking price will be ?

Nicolas Pépé : 19 goals and 11 assists in the league. Fast and can
play on the wing. Will be 24 in may, so pretty much in his prime. Might
be a better buy for Bayern than some players they are rumoured to be after.

Jonathan Bamba. 23 years old, and has 11 goals. Plays virtually every game

Jonathan Ikoné. aged 20 and an accomplished playmaker.

A longer shot is the Brazilian Gabriel, who is only 21, but has not
played that many games.

GK Mike Maignan is the regular starter at 23, and has played at every
lower age level for France.
Jesper Lauridsen
2019-04-15 22:20:25 UTC
Post by MH
Nicolas Pépé : 19 goals and 11 assists in the league. Fast and can
play on the wing. Will be 24 in may, so pretty much in his prime. Might
be a better buy for Bayern than some players they are rumoured to be after.
Lille has been shopping him pretty hard. Price is said to be around 80M.
Apparently he was offered to Schalke last year for 20M, which they
found to be too expensive.
Chagney Hunt
2019-04-16 23:53:13 UTC
Post by Jesper Lauridsen
Post by MH
Nicolas Pépé : 19 goals and 11 assists in the league. Fast and can
play on the wing. Will be 24 in may, so pretty much in his prime. Might
be a better buy for Bayern than some players they are rumoured to be after.
Lille has been shopping him pretty hard. Price is said to be around 80M.
Apparently he was offered to Schalke last year for 20M, which they
found to be too expensive.
For a good reason though. At 23, he was a high risk of being a
one-season-wonder. He's more fool-proof as two-season-wonder now, I
suppose.
Werner Pichler
2019-04-16 06:32:25 UTC
Post by MH
Lille have done well this year (CL almost guaranteed now after
yesterday's humiliation of PSG). And it has been quite heavily dependent
on some good youngsters. I wonder how many will be sold and what the
asking price will be ?
Maybe PSG will snap some of them up, I hear they don't have enough players!

Ciao,
Werner
Binder Dundat
That is an old Bayern ploy, you buy up players from the team that beat you. PSG could do worse then buying a few of the older players from Lille, like Fonte for example. PSG have plenty of good attackers, they need better defensive players.
Mehdi
2019-04-16 22:29:03 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Maybe PSG will snap some of them up, I hear they don't have enough players!
Ciao,
Werner
I don't blame Tuchel for that one. Their owners have a fetish for big
names. I fail to see the merit in players like Alves and Buffon for example.
a***@hotmail.com
2019-04-17 00:05:59 UTC
Post by Mehdi
Post by Werner Pichler
Maybe PSG will snap some of them up, I hear they don't have enough players!
Ciao,
Werner
I don't blame Tuchel for that one. Their owners have a fetish for big
names. I fail to see the merit in players like Alves and Buffon for example.
Alves came because Neymar wanted his water-carrier. Buffon was an unbelievably daft acquisition (at his age).

MH put it well, they basically are a team of "Zidanes and Pavons." They have Stoke rejects like Choupo-Moting, FFS.
a***@hotmail.com
Forgot to add, by far and away the mots asinine move by PSG's owners? Exiling Rabiot. Simply for refusing to sign a new contract. Talk about 6 year olds throwing all their toys out of the pram. How they could have used a stabilizing midfield hand like Rabiot when they started shitting their pants against United. Rabiot must have been ROTFLHAO.
Mehdi
2019-04-17 10:09:37 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Forgot to add, by far and away the mots asinine move by PSG's owners? Exiling Rabiot. Simply for refusing to sign a new contract. Talk about 6 year olds throwing all their toys out of the pram. How they could have used a stabilizing midfield hand like Rabiot when they started shitting their pants against United. Rabiot must have been ROTFLHAO.
Gulf employer mentality. They do things like that. They have no
consideration for others on one hand, and placate idiots like Neymar on
the other. It's a shame they have Mbappe.

Chagney Hunt
2019-04-17 00:40:35 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by Mehdi
Post by Werner Pichler
Maybe PSG will snap some of them up, I hear they don't have enough players!
Ciao,
Werner
I don't blame Tuchel for that one. Their owners have a fetish for big
names. I fail to see the merit in players like Alves and Buffon for example.
Alves came because Neymar wanted his water-carrier. Buffon was an unbelievably daft acquisition (at his age).
MH put it well, they basically are a team of "Zidanes and Pavons." They have Stoke rejects like Choupo-Moting, FFS.
Tuchel signed Choupo-Moting because he knew him back in his Mainz days,
supposedly. He isn't doing badly and allegedly had become a fans'
favorite -- although that might have changed a little because a greedy
bonehead f*ckup of his had delayed PSG's inevitable coronation for at
least 2 games.