Not a mystery 3
2018-11-15 11:29:03 UTC
https://sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/home

There could be some sloppy gamemastering, and probably it's not as evil
as the one devised by the evil gamemaster, but still...
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-15 12:26:52 UTC
https://sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/home
There could be some sloppy gamemastering,
Indeed. An incorrect url on page 0, and the page not available publicly.
It should be fixed now.
Werner Pichler
2018-11-15 12:54:28 UTC
https://sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/home
There could be some sloppy gamemastering,
Indeed. An incorrect url on page 0, and the page not available publicly.
It should be fixed now.
Got page 1, completely stumped at page 2.

2018-11-15 13:50:28 UTC
Got page 1,
Well, that really was a gimme, just to get you warmed up.
I am starting to understand the psychology of the Evil Gamemaster.
Werner Pichler
2018-11-15 14:27:16 UTC
Got page 1,
Well, that really was a gimme, just to get you warmed up.
As if we weren't warmed up enough already!
completely stumped at page 2.
I am starting to understand the psychology of the Evil Gamemaster.
'So now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!'

s***@gmail.com
2018-11-15 14:40:08 UTC
Page 2
77, 14, 63, 76, 74, 46, 33, 47, 26, 22, 22, 31, 23, 11, 21, 51, 80, 13
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-15 14:45:47 UTC
@ gamemaster

You need to hide next pages from search or suggestions

Below is one of your page:

Bayer Leverkusen
Stoke City
Arsenal
A......
milivella
2018-11-15 15:07:33 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
@ gamemaster
You need to hide next pages from search or suggestions
Also hide "recent changes" (more precisely "Attività recente del sito" -
Google serves me the Italian version of the footing).

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-15 15:24:28 UTC
This I think I've fixed, but now you basically told me that you already know all the answers :-(
milivella
2018-11-15 15:45:54 UTC
Post by milivella
Also hide "recent changes" (more precisely "Attività recente del sito" -
Google serves me the Italian version of the footing).
This I think I've fixed, but now you basically told me that you
already know all the answers :-(

As soon as I realized what I was looking at, I hit "back" quicker than
Bolt being chased by Cerberus, and if the evil gamemaster did so, you
can be sure nobody took advantage of the recent changes page. :)

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-15 15:23:25 UTC
Urgh....how do you do that?
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-15 15:30:21 UTC
Not me...
Opera browser is giving suggestions of other pages from same site
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-15 15:41:08 UTC
Too bad...it doesn't look as if I know how to fix it. You can either try on your own, or just look at the solution...
milivella
2018-11-15 17:46:14 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Not me...
Opera browser is giving suggestions of other pages from same site
It doesn't happen to me, I guess (Opera 56.0.3051.104, Windows 7 64-bit,
Italian):
https://imgur.com/a/0JVJhGV

My working hypothesis is that, since you first visited the site when the
recent changed pages link was there, Opera browsed it and the pages
linked from it. However, more data are needed to assess this hypothesis
and generally understand this phenomenon.

Also: Futbolmetrix, I think you can stop Google from indexing your site. See
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93710?hl=it
I don't think the site has been indexed yet (so this shouldn't be the
cause of some1's issue) and I don't know if the Google crawler can see
not publicly linked pages on Google Sites page, but I guess blocking
search engines would be a good idea anyway.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
https://imgur.com/a/XF1mUXr
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-15 18:15:24 UTC
Post by milivella
Also: Futbolmetrix, I think you can stop Google from indexing your site. See
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93710?hl=it
I don't think the site has been indexed yet (so this shouldn't be the
cause of some1's issue) and I don't know if the Google crawler can see
not publicly linked pages on Google Sites page, but I guess blocking
search engines would be a good idea anyway.
Ok, thanks for the tips. I'll try to do that later.

milivella
2018-11-15 15:17:10 UTC
Got page 1,
Well, that really was a gimme, just to get you warmed up.
I got it, too, but I still am in doubt about the order being significant
or not.
completely stumped at page 2.
I am starting to understand the psychology of the Evil Gamemaster.
:)

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-15 15:38:57 UTC
completely stumped at page 2.
Indeed. Let me show how far I am from the solution (and boost
Futbolmetrix' satisfaction...).

[no real SPOILER space, as everybody is solving page 1 fast]

If the order is not significant, it does not seem a power-law
distribution. A bit closer to the left half of a normal distribution,
but I would bet it is not that, either.

Last two digits of years? Then 1922 is there twice, or it's both 1922
and 2022. But in the latter case, there is nothing between at least 1980
and 2011. More generally, there are no numbers lower than 11 or higher
than 80. Football is played by teams of 11 players.

"Clusters":
11,13,14
21,22,22,23,26
31,33
46,47
51
63
74,76,77,80

It sounds a bit like Juventus' Serie A titles ([20]11[-12], [20]13[-14],
[20]14[-15], [19]31[-32], [19]33[-34], [19]51[-52], etc.), but it's just
a very partial coincidence due to the fact that Juve won too many league
titles.

What if they are couples, i.e.
77-14
63-76
74-46
or - the total number of items being 18 - also 3 sets of 6 numbers, or 6
sets of 3, or 2 sets of 9?

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-15 17:26:55 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Werner Pichler
completely stumped at page 2.
Indeed. Let me show how far I am from the solution (and boost
Futbolmetrix' satisfaction...).
[no real SPOILER space, as everybody is solving page 1 fast]
One more idea: it's minutes at which something happened. E.g. the
different minutes at which Cristiano Ronaldo scored in his record
2013-14 UCL season... but those were just 17 goals. Also, what happens
rarely in the first and last 10 minutes of a game?

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-16 10:36:25 UTC
Post by milivella
Also, what happens
rarely in the first and last 10 minutes of a game?
The last but one X? (where "X" is "goal", "yellow card", or something else)

18 (the number of items) should be significant. It could be a kind of
match that has happened 18 times (e.g. "WC finals with at least one goal
scored in regular time"), or something that happened in 18 matches [1]
(e.g. the first 18 red cards to Sergio Ramos, that made him a Real
Madrid record holder). If it's the last but one X, the former ("a kind
of match that has happened 18 times") is more probable.

I also expect Futbolmetrix not to pick a particularly complex criterion
("last but one" may be already too complex). I mean, it's just Page 2,
for Pete's sake!

[1] Or fewer, if it happened twice in a match.

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
You guys are too good. I just made Page 4 a wee bit harder. Sorry if somebody had already reached it and was trying to figure it out.
milivella
2018-11-16 18:24:09 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by milivella
[...]
I'm replying without reading the message I'm replying to, because I
don't want to be involved in mind games (when I'm not the
[mind]gamemaster...).

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-16 21:35:18 UTC
Post by milivella
I also expect Futbolmetrix not to pick a particularly complex criterion
("last but one" may be already too complex). I mean, it's just Page 2,
for Pete's sake!
Also, [nextpage] should be simple enough that there aren't many ways to
describe it.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-21 21:23:11 UTC
New idea that came to my mind:
- 18 items = 18 clubs in a league in a given season
- numbers ranging from 11 to 80, with a number repeated = final amount
of points of each club
- seemingly random order = name of the clubs in alphabetical order
- [nextpage] = name of the league and season, e.g. la_liga_2018_19

However, the distribution of the points would be _very_ odd. :/

Has anyone solved page 2? Does anyone have ideas about it?

--
Cheers
milivella
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-22 07:59:09 UTC
Tried this for series A last few seasons and bundesliga for latest seasons
Didn't work
Werner Pichler
2018-11-22 08:12:51 UTC
So is the Evil Gamemaster Workshop in this thread over? All Evil Gamemastering
Problems solved?
Post by milivella
- 18 items = 18 clubs in a league in a given season
- numbers ranging from 11 to 80, with a number repeated = final amount
of points of each club
- seemingly random order = name of the clubs in alphabetical order
- [nextpage] = name of the league and season, e.g. la_liga_2018_19
However, the distribution of the points would be _very_ odd. :/
Has anyone solved page 2? Does anyone have ideas about it?
I also thought it was about an 18-team-league, but that it had something to do
with goals scored or goals against.

milivella
2018-11-22 12:00:05 UTC
So is the Evil Gamemaster Workshop in this thread over? All Evil Gamemastering
Problems solved?
I am not sure I know what the Workshop and the Problems are, but I don't
feel anything is solved. The other side of not a mystery is better. :(
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by milivella
- 18 items = 18 clubs in a league in a given season
- numbers ranging from 11 to 80, with a number repeated = final amount
of points of each club
- seemingly random order = name of the clubs in alphabetical order
- [nextpage] = name of the league and season, e.g. la_liga_2018_19
However, the distribution of the points would be _very_ odd. :/
Has anyone solved page 2? Does anyone have ideas about it?
I also thought it was about an 18-team-league, but that it had something to do
with goals scored or goals against.
I arrived at this hypothesis later, but the distribution would still be
very odd. Also, I expect Futbolmetrix to go for something simpler, given
that [nextpage] is a description we have to provide; but who knows what
one can expect from Him...

I think asking ourselves "what can produce such a distribution?" may be
useful to understand what we're looking at. The distribution is roughly
a "U" shape if you draw a histogram: many items at the "extreme" values,
few in the middle. Let me write the numbers down again, by tens:
11,13,14
21,22,22,23,26
31,33
46,47
51
63
74,76,77,80
What is something that you get either 75-80 of them or 10-25 of them?

Another route that may make sense to take is the one that starts from
the assumption (big assumption!) that the values are in alphabetical
order (of club name). Where are the high values? and the low ones? A
*very* rough mapping is:
A BC D E F G H IJ KL M N OP QR S T UV WX YZ
77 14 63 76 74 46 33 47 26 22 22 31 23 11 21 51 80 13
(I joined each of the eight less frequently used letters in English [1]
with an adiacent letter)

E.g. 14=Barcelona and 11=Realmadrid.

Argh.

[1] https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/which-letters-are-used-most/

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-22 12:50:38 UTC
Post by Werner Pichler
Post by milivella
[...]
The real mark of evil is not about designing a difficult riddle. Anybody
can do *that*.

It is, instead, the ability to sit back, patiently (even four years if
necessary!), impassibly, quietly grinning and gently stroking your cat,
while the poor souls aimlessly bump into one dead end after the other.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I don't think I have what it takes for that. Go on, ask yes/no
questions. You have a quota of five questions per week (economists,
scarce resources and all that...)
milivella
2018-11-22 13:50:03 UTC
[...]
Let me disagree. True evil is implying that we can't solve it without
your help...

I am en evil gamemaster because I think that you are good and smart
enough that you can overcome my evil. I am an evil gamemaster because I
know you can succeed. I am an evil gamemaster because I believe in you!

(...You didn't buy it, did you?)

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-22 17:38:10 UTC
Post by milivella
Let me disagree. True evil is implying that we can't solve it without
your help...
I am en evil gamemaster because I think that you are good and smart
enough that you can overcome my evil. I am an evil gamemaster because I
know you can succeed. I am an evil gamemaster because I believe in you!
(...You didn't buy it, did you?)
This is too meta...Five questions, the offer still stands. With
well-chosen questions, you should be able to get on the right track very
quickly.
Jesus Petry
2018-11-24 14:30:20 UTC
I've noticed these are all numbers below 90. Do they represent minutes?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-24 14:47:47 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
I've noticed these are all numbers below 90. Do they represent minutes?
No.

Question 1 of 5.
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-25 08:59:45 UTC
My guess

This are numbers of matches someone scored to score first 18 goals or may be all of his 18 goals..
1st goal in 11th match
2nd goal in 13th match
.
.
2 goals in 22nd match

A midfielder or defender may be.

The order is just jumbled
Futbolmetrix
I don't see a yes/no question here. Still 1 of 5.
milivella
2018-11-25 18:55:43 UTC
I don't see a yes/no question here. Still 1 of 5.
OK, considering that the week is almost over, I'll ask the other 4
questions. I have already proven that a question of the form "which of
the following 4 alternative options is true: A, B, C, none of the
above?" can be expressed by using two yes/no questions (not that any of
you needed my proof), so I'll ask two A/B/C/n questions (= four y/n
questions). I have tried to sum up most of the ideas we have thrown away.

Do different numbers represent
- different editions of the same tournament
- different teams
- different players
- none of the above
?

Are the eighteen items ordered
- alphabetically
- randomly
- none of the above
?

(another interesting question, which I am _not_ asking, is whether the
list could be extended, i.e. whether they must be exactly 18 numbers)

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-25 18:59:36 UTC
Post by milivella
I have tried to sum up most of the ideas we have thrown away.
By "away", I meant "around"...

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-26 00:06:57 UTC
Post by milivella
OK, considering that the week is almost over,
Actually, the week goes from Thursday (November 15), the day NAM3 was
launched to Thursday.
Post by milivella
I'll ask the other 4
questions. I have already proven that a question of the form "which of
the following 4 alternative options is true: A, B, C, none of the
above?" can be expressed by using two yes/no questions (not that any of
you needed my proof), so I'll ask two A/B/C/n questions (= four y/n
questions). I have tried to sum up most of the ideas we have thrown away.
Someone who taught me gamemastering skills would not have accepted this
subterfuge to sneak in more yes/no questions than allowed.

I will answer your questions in the order they were posed, stopping at
question 4.
Post by milivella
Do different numbers represent
- different editions of the same tournament
yes.
Post by milivella
- different teams
no
Post by milivella
- different players
no
Post by milivella
- none of the above
no
Post by milivella
Are the eighteen items ordered
- alphabetically
- randomly
- none of the above
?
These questions go beyond the quota. I will answer them after November
29 (unless you want to replace them with different questions, or, more
likely, you will have gone on to the next pages).
milivella
2018-11-26 00:40:07 UTC
Post by milivella
OK, considering that the week is almost over,
Actually, the week goes from Thursday (November 15), the day NAM3 was
launched to Thursday.
Redefining the week on the basis of the genesis of NAM3?! I think you're
developing quite the God complex...
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
I'll ask the other 4 questions. I have already proven that a question
of the form "which of the following 4 alternative options is true: A,
B, C, none of the above?" can be expressed by using two yes/no
questions (not that any of you needed my proof), so I'll ask two
A/B/C/n questions (= four y/n questions). I have tried to sum up most
of the ideas we have thrown away.
Someone who taught me gamemastering skills would not have accepted this
subterfuge to sneak in more yes/no questions than allowed.
I will answer your questions in the order they were posed, stopping at
question 4.
What?! I appeal!!!

My two questions were equivalent to the following four questions, only
two of which you answered:

Q1. Is the following statement true? "Different numbers represent
different editions of the same tournament or different teams."
A1. Yes.

Q2. Do different numbers represent different editions of the same
tournament?
A2. Yes.

Q3. Is the following statement true? "The eighteen items are ordered
alphabetically or chronogically."
A3. ...

Q4.
- [If A3 is "yes":] Are the eighteen items ordered alphabetically?
- [If A3 is "no":] Are the eighteen items ordered randomly?
A4. ...

Admit that you have been outwitted, answer Q3 and Q4, let us ask the
November 26 week questions... and go back to the Truly Evil GameMaster
School.

(Note that, if you don't accept the appeal, my next move argument be
that, since the first of the four questions as defined by you was right,
I wouldn't have asked the other three, so I still have not two, but
*three* more questions to ask. Accept the compromise...)
Post by Futbolmetrix
These questions go beyond the quota. I will answer them after November
29 (unless you want to replace them with different questions, or, more
likely, you will have gone on to the next pages).
1. I haven't used more than the allotted quota of questions!
2. In any case, I have asked those questions only because I thought
(actually, knew) that the week was almost over and the quota was about
to be replenished for me and (above all) the others to use. So if, for
whatever wrong reason you don't answer the questions now, you should
never do it (unless someones asks them again).

[If you can't tell it from my post, I am having fun not just trying to
solve the riddle, but also litigating. The lawyer blood is exposed.]

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-26 01:15:48 UTC
Post by milivella
Redefining the week on the basis of the genesis of NAM3?! I think you're
developing quite the God complex...
Back in the old days, there used to be this thing called weekly news
magazines. Some came out on Mondays, some on Tuesdays, etc. The weekly
cycle of NAM3 is Thursday to Thursday.
Post by milivella
What?! I appeal!!!
My two questions were equivalent to the following four questions, only
If you had bothered typing the two "equivalent" questions in full (which
admit a yes/no answer) then I would have *maybe* considered answering
them. But since you tried a sneaky shortcut, I had no choice. Sorry,
rules are rules (Gamemastering 101).
Post by milivella
Admit that you have been outwitted, answer Q3 and Q4, let us ask the
November 26 week questions... and go back to the Truly Evil GameMaster
School.
Nah. I think you have plenty to go on until November 29. Plus, the
answer to the first question almost answers the second one.
Post by milivella
1. I haven't used more than the allotted quota of questions!
2. In any case, I have asked those questions only because I thought
(actually, knew) that the week was almost over and the quota was about
to be replenished for me and (above all) the others to use. So if, for
whatever wrong reason you don't answer the questions now, you should
never do it (unless someones asks them again).
I feel magnanimous. You will start the week of November 29 with a blank
slate.
milivella
2018-11-26 11:27:45 UTC
Post by milivella
Redefining the week on the basis of the genesis of NAM3?! I think
you're developing quite the God complex...
Back in the old days, there used to be this thing called weekly news
magazines. Some came out on Mondays, some on Tuesdays, etc.
Because they could only publish once a week. Since you can "publish" (=
post) whenever you want, the parallel makes no sense. NEXT!!
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
What?! I appeal!!!
My two questions were equivalent to the following four questions, only
If you had bothered typing the two "equivalent" questions in full (which
admit a yes/no answer) then I would have *maybe* considered answering
them.
(he wouldn't.)
Post by Futbolmetrix
But since you tried a sneaky shortcut, I had no choice. Sorry,
rules are rules (Gamemastering 101).
Bitten by my own tricks!
Post by Futbolmetrix
Post by milivella
Admit that you have been outwitted, answer Q3 and Q4, let us ask the
November 26 week questions... and go back to the Truly Evil GameMaster
School.
Nah. I think you have plenty to go on until November 29. Plus, the
answer to the first question almost answers the second one.
Mind games = gamemastering 201.
Post by Futbolmetrix
I feel magnanimous. You will start the week of November 29 with a blank
slate.
The benevolent gamemaster?

--
Cheers
milivella
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-26 12:03:16 UTC
Post by milivella
Do different numbers represent
- different editions of the same tournament
yes.
Post by milivella
- different teams
no
Post by milivella
- different players
no

Unquote

If these are not representing different players then,

Who has played 18 editions of certain tournament/competition?

Or played atlest 80 matches accross different edition of certain competition.?

Also these are not minutes. So where do we get such variations
milivella
2018-11-27 01:02:38 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
If these are not representing different players then,
Who has played 18 editions of certain tournament/competition?
It can be a team or a player. Or it may be the measure of something
(e.g. goals scored) in different editions of a competition.
Post by s***@gmail.com
Also these are not minutes. So where do we get such variations
As I said, this is the crucial question in my mind (even though we can
of course reach the answer by thinking at something else).

I have considered the hypothesis that the two "peaks" in the
distribution (roughly 10-30 and 70-80) may be caused by the tournament
having a different number of teams/matches in different editions. E.g.
the Euros, which went from 4 teams to 8 to 16 to 24. However,
Futbolmetrix hinted at a chronological order (or was it a mind game?),
and if the order is chronological one would expect
teams/matches/goals/similar not to go up and down wildly as they do in
Page 2.

--
Cheers
milivella
Mark
2018-11-26 14:19:46 UTC
There's 201 rules to gamemastering? I didn't realize it was that complicated. Can you teach me how to gamemaster please? It'd be interesting to know what the other 200 are.
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-26 15:38:18 UTC
To begin with you should have an evil heart.
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-26 15:49:49 UTC
One more guess

All numbers add up to 730 ..ie 2 years
So this could be something happening at the irregular intervals over two years period

International matches?
milivella
2018-11-27 01:05:40 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
One more guess
All numbers add up to 730 ..ie 2 years
So this could be something happening at the irregular intervals over two years period
International matches?
I don't think it's days between international matches, but the sum being
2 years could be a superb insight.

--
Cheers
milivella
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-27 17:08:32 UTC
Qoute
Also these are not minutes. So where do we get such variations

We may get such variations when some team holding a title or lead for such numbers of days
If it's two years period, then it could be two cycles of a league
milivella
2018-11-27 18:07:54 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Qoute
Also these are not minutes. So where do we get such variations
We may get such variations when some team holding a title or lead for such numbers of days
If it's two years period, then it could be two cycles of a league
The numbers sound a bit off for being "days hlding the lead", and _two_
cycles is more arbitrary than I expect from Futbolmetrix, but yours is
the best hypothesis so far.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-29 19:08:46 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
One more guess
All numbers add up to 730 ..ie 2 years
Another interesting computation:
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=norm+of+Accumulate(%7B77,+14,+63,+76,+74,+46,+33,+47,+26,+22,+22,+31,+23,+11,+21,+51,+80,+13%7D)&lk=2
Result: sqrt(4028007)≈2006.99
Is 2007 significant? (I bet it is not...)

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
NOT A REAL QUESTION!!!
s***@gmail.com
2018-12-06 05:07:45 UTC
It's Thursday.
We should ask remaining 2 questions of the quota
Werner Pichler
2018-12-06 07:33:38 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
It's Thursday.
We should ask remaining 2 questions of the quota
- Does every number in the line depend on the number before it?

- Do the numbers represent countable entities, like goals, cards, etc.?

s***@gmail.com
2018-12-06 07:57:41 UTC
Qoute

What is not countable that it could represent?
Werner Pichler
2018-12-06 08:02:29 UTC
Qoute
- Do the numbers represent countable entities, like goals, cards, etc.?
Unquote
What is not countable that it could represent?
Yeah I realize now I should have phrased it differently. I guess what I meant
is not e.g. names of years.

If that's OK 'll just rephrase it to: are they number of goals?

2018-12-06 12:16:38 UTC
If that's OK 'll just rephrase it to: are they number of goals?
No. Question 2 of 5.
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-06 12:15:25 UTC
No. Question 1 of 5.
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-06 12:14:42 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
It's Thursday.
We should ask remaining 2 questions of the quota
It is indeed Thursday. You failed to use three questions of your quota
from last week. They do *not* roll over from one week to the next. You
have a new set of five questions this week.

In any case, time a for a new hint. This time I really do think that it
will give it away:
[SPOILER SPACE]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The sequence does indeed represent 18 occurrences of something. Or maybe
more than one thing.
Jesus Petry
2018-12-06 13:58:21 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
Do they associate with league and/or cup titles by a club/country?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-06 14:37:31 UTC
No. Question 3 of 5.
Jesus Petry
2018-12-06 14:49:02 UTC
Putting here what do we know so far:

The numbers are not minutes nor number of goals and are independent from each other.
Each number represents a season of a competition, but they are not all seasons.
They are not different teams or different players and are not associated with titles of a team.

We really don't know much.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
milivella
2018-12-07 21:23:19 UTC
All great questions (even though nobody used the n-bit trick!).
Unfortunately, it seems like the TEG is ten steps ahead of us.
Post by Jesus Petry
They are not different teams or different players
I can't see this answer by Futbolmetrix. On the other hand, he said that
they are not pitch measurements.

--
Cheers
milivella
s***@gmail.com
2018-12-08 04:13:19 UTC
Qoute

Post by milivella
Do different numbers represent
- different editions of the same tournament
yes.
Post by milivella
- different teams
no
Post by milivella
- different players
no
Post by milivella
- none of the above
no

Unquote
..

He did answer that earlier
milivella
2018-12-09 00:24:01 UTC
Qoute
Post by milivella
Do different numbers represent
- different editions of the same tournament
yes.
Post by milivella
- different teams
no
Post by milivella
- different players
no
Post by milivella
- none of the above
no
Unquote
..
He did answer that earlier
Then I misunderstood Jesus' summary ("they are not different teams or
different players"). I mean: for me, if (for example) every couple of
numbers represent a different team:
- "different numbers represent different teams" is true
- but "they are not different teams" is false

--
Cheers
milivella
Werner Pichler

No. 4 of 5.
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-06 15:38:15 UTC
Are they years?
No. 4 of 5.
To clarify: I intended the question as "do the numbers represent the last two digits of years?" So I wasn't just being clever and telling you that, say, 77 has nothing to do with the construction of the Colosseum (began in 72AD, completed in 80AD). As far as we know, they didn't play soccer there.
Werner Pichler
2018-12-06 15:47:47 UTC
Are they years?
No. 4 of 5.
To clarify: I intended the question as "do the numbers represent the last two
digits of years?" So I wasn't just being clever and telling you that, say, 77
has nothing to do with the construction of the Colosseum (began in 72AD,
completed in 80AD). As far as we know, they didn't play soccer there.
Too kind!

So that's my ideas all out of the window. Back to square one...

Jesus Petry
2018-12-06 18:10:15 UTC
So I'll risk a maybe too specific question:

Are all these data points associated with a single club/country?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-06 18:33:10 UTC
No. And that's your quota of questions for this week.
Werner Pichler
2018-12-10 14:32:56 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Are all these data points associated with a single club/country?
No. And that's your quota of questions for this week.
So those numbers are neither minutes nor years nor goals. So what else could
they be? Squad numbers? Too high. The decimal places of goal averages?
(2.77, 3.14, 2.63, 2.76 etc.)?

s***@gmail.com
2018-12-12 19:14:22 UTC
this numbers might represent number of participations to certain competition ..
Numbers by country or club

Or number of years in top flight by current teams
Jesus Petry
2018-12-12 19:51:42 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
this numbers might represent number of participations to certain competition ..
Numbers by country or club
Or number of years in top flight by current teams
But we do know that each number represents a different season of a competition...

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-12-13 12:22:45 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Post by s***@gmail.com
this numbers might represent number of participations to certain competition ..
Numbers by country or club
Or number of years in top flight by current teams
But we do know that each number represents a different season of a competition...
Thursday!

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed by you guys. You've been ignoring
my hints! You think they're just a tease, but they contain real
information! So, this week I won't make any predictions as to whether
you will guess or not. Here is the hint:
[SPOILER SPACE]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The '70s had the best music, but the worst fashion. Weird decade.
milivella
2018-11-27 01:03:46 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
To begin with you should have an evil heart.
You are admitted at Evil Gamemastering 001.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-27 01:20:38 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by milivella
Mind games = gamemastering 201.
There's 201 rules to gamemastering?
Oh, even more than that (of course in this context "gamemastering" means
"*evil* gamemastering", right?). I'm not allowed to divulge them all,
but here is a little extract:

"49. Tease. Let the players

50. Make sure that every crucial match ends in a draw.

51. Cheat. After all, if you are not the player but the gamemaster, it's
not cheating (taps temple).

52. Steal from the players. If the players have nothing that can be
stolen, give them something, then steal it from them.

53. Contradict yourself.

54. Don't contradict yourself."

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-29 11:47:58 UTC
the
answer to the first question almost answers the second one.
OK, let's assume that they are 18 editions of the same tournament _in
chronological order_. There would be the following eras:
- #1-5: value between 63 and 77 (exception: #2=14)
- #6-8: value between 33 and 47
- #9-15: value between 11 and 31
- #16-18: value all over the place (51, 80, 13)

Maybe even if we have no idea of what the value is (goals scored?
players booked?), we can find a tournament with this kind of story: the
first five editions are different from the next ones, editions nine to
fifteen are all quite similar, etc.

--
Cheers
milivella
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-29 12:41:04 UTC
Back in the old days, there used to be this thing called weekly news
magazines. Some came out on Mondays, some on Tuesdays, etc. The weekly
cycle of NAM3 is Thursday to Thursday.
It's Thursday! It means that you have a new fresh set of five questions
that you can ask.

Also, since I'm a benevolent gamemaster, I will give out a hint (and
will keep on giving one every Thursday if I see you are stuck).

Here it is:
[spoiler space]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You have to look at the big picture. Think outside the box, read between
the lines.
milivella
This. Explains. Everything!
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-29 13:32:53 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Futbolmetrix
You have to look at the big picture. Think outside the box, read between
the lines.
This. Explains. Everything!
I know, that really gave the game away :-(
Sorry, next time I'll try to be more cryptic. I'm still honing my
gamemastering skills.
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-29 14:22:58 UTC
Are these pitch measurements?
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-29 14:37:21 UTC
[I will assume all yes/no questions in this thread are questions to the gamemaster, unless you explicitly state that you are just thinking out loud and don't expect an answer]
Jesus Petry
2018-11-29 14:47:44 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Are these pitch measurements?
No. Question 1 of 5.
[I will assume all yes/no questions in this thread are questions to the gamemaster, unless you explicitly state that you are just thinking out loud and don't expect an answer]
Are these "different seasons of a tournament" represented in the list all the seasons this tournament has had so far?

Tchau!
Jesus Petry
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-29 14:49:40 UTC
Question 2 of 5.
Werner Pichler
2018-11-29 18:47:41 UTC
Post by milivella
Are these "different seasons of a tournament" represented in the list
all the seasons this tournament has had so far?
No.
(not an official question but thinking out loud)

Could it have to do with the number of times a certain team has won a
league? E.g. Milan have won Serie A 18 times. (Inter too, officially, but I
wouldn't expect that particular count featuring in a Futbolmetrix riddle)

milivella
2018-11-29 19:03:34 UTC
Post by milivella
Are these "different seasons of a tournament" represented in the list
all the seasons this tournament has had so far?
No.
(not an official question but thinking out loud)
Could it have to do with the number of times a certain team has won a
league?
This is another probable criterion to select some seasons out of all the
ones played.

What could the number stand for in this case?
Post by Werner Pichler
E.g. Milan have won Serie A 18 times. (Inter too, officially, but I
wouldn't expect that particular count featuring in a Futbolmetrix riddle)
Shouldn't we expect the unexpected? :)

(...not an official question!)

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-29 18:57:22 UTC
Post by Jesus Petry
Are these "different seasons of a tournament" represented in the list all the seasons this tournament has had so far?
No.
Question 2 of 5.
Good question, and interesting answer. *I am thinking aloud* (I don't
expect an answer, I don't want an answer, and if I see that I get an
answer I will burn my PC). Now it would be interesting to see what the
criterion of selection of the editions/seasons of the tournament. What
are the possible criteria? For example:
- last 18 editions
- first 18 editions
- 18 editions with the highest amount of X, where X is what the numbers
we see measure
- 18 editions with the lowest amount of X (see previous item)
- 18 editions with highest amount of Y, where Y is not what the numbers
we see measure
- [same, but replace "highest" with "lowest"]
- random
- every other edition
- none of the above

If we reduce this list to the 4 (or 8) most probable answers, we can ask
2 (or 3) questions of the "sneaky" form ("is one of the following
statements true?"). There may be more useful questions, though.

By the way, are we sure that the numbers we see represent an amount of
something (like minutes, goals, people, etc.)? They could be something
else, they could stand for something else ("think outside the box"...).

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-29 18:45:43 UTC
Post by milivella
Post by Futbolmetrix
You have to look at the big picture. Think outside the box, read between
the lines.
This. Explains. Everything!
I know, that really gave the game away :-(
Sorry, next time I'll try to be more cryptic. I'm still honing my
gamemastering skills.
You write this, and I am the James Bond villain.

OK.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-29 18:35:08 UTC
[...]
Probably obvious, but "outside the box" and "between the lines" could be
a hint to a player's position. SPecifically, No. 10s usually play

milivella
milivella
2018-11-27 16:30:29 UTC
Post by milivella
Do different numbers represent
- different editions of the same tournament
yes.
The Caribbean Cup had 18 editions.

The most recent edition of the Asian Games (2018) was the 18th edition.

I don't see any link between either competition and the 77-14-63-etc
sequence.

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-11-22 14:46:39 UTC
I don't think I have what it takes for that. Go on, ask yes/no
questions. You have a quota of five questions per week (economists,
scarce resources and all that...)
Mates, let's remember that 5 Y/N questions = 5 bits of information. So
we can test up to 32 different alternative hypotheses.

Let's call the 32 hypotheses H1, H2... H32 (it may be smart for H32 to
be "none of the previous ones). If H23 is the right one:

1st question
Q: "Is H1 or H2... or H16 true?"
A: "No."
(we now know it's H17-32)

2nd question
Q: "Is H17 or H18... or H24 true?"
A: "Yes."
(we now know it's H17-24)

3rd question
Q: "Is H17 or H18 or H19 or H20 true?"
A: "No."
(we now know it's H21-24)

4th question
Q: "Is H21 or H22 true?"
A: "No."
(we now know it's H23 or H24)

5th question
Q: "Is H23 true?"
A: "Yes."
(!!!)

--
Cheers
milivella
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-17 06:28:33 UTC
18 could be indirectly referring to year 2018
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-17 06:28:33 UTC
18 could be indirectly referring to year 2018
Werner Pichler
2018-12-06 14:20:36 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
18 could be indirectly referring to year 2018
(no questions, just conferring with my fellow guessers)

If it's years, then why 22 twice? (it can't be 2022, can it?)

Maybe years when clubs were founded? 1877, 1914, and so on? (but then 51 and 63
[although 1863 the FA was founded] are weird...)

milivella
2018-11-22 12:22:22 UTC
Post by milivella
What if they are couples, i.e.
77-14
63-76
74-46
or - the total number of items being 18 - also 3 sets of 6 numbers, or 6
sets of 3
77-14=63... but the pattern ends here.

--
Cheers
milivella
ixion martin - GdBx
2018-11-15 21:53:29 UTC
https://sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/home
There could be some sloppy gamemastering,
Indeed. An incorrect url on page 0, and the page not
available publicly. It should be fixed now.
I only have a list :

Page 1
Sinclair
Diouf
Loko
Saha
Sorlin
Jestrovic
Panadic
Inzaghi
Yeboah
Nonda
[nextpage]
Zambrotta
Conte
Wanchope
Lampard

Nowhere to click, nowhere to enter a text ????
I'm on firefox.
--
Ixion
En coupe d'Europe ou en sélection, quand on dit
club français qui morfle.
Futbolmetrix
2018-11-16 01:54:06 UTC
Post by ixion martin - GdBx
Page 1
Sinclair
Diouf
Loko
Saha
Sorlin
Jestrovic
Panadic
Inzaghi
Yeboah
Nonda
[nextpage]
Zambrotta
Conte
Wanchope
Lampard
Nowhere to click, nowhere to enter a text ????
I'm on firefox.
There is nowhere to click, it's a treasure hunt. The url address of Page 2
is

sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/[nextpage]

where you replace [nextpage] with the solution of the riddle.

See also this:
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
(milivella's instructions were much more cryptic...)
milivella
2018-11-16 02:16:55 UTC
There is nowhere to click, it's a treasure hunt. The url address of Page 2
is
sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/[nextpage]
where you replace [nextpage] with the solution of the riddle.
http://rssclash.altervista.org/not_a_mystery/page_1.htm
(milivella's instructions were much more cryptic...)
However, they were more complete, e.g. they told that you have to use
only lowercase... :P

--
Cheers
milivella
ixion martin - GdBx
Briand, dégage de mon club !
milivella
2018-11-15 15:09:55 UTC
https://sites.google.com/site/notamystery3/home
Let me thank you now for this challenge, because I'm not sure I'll be
inclined to do so after tackling it...

Also (obviously?): is "where did not_a_mystery_2 go" the mystery?

--
Cheers
milivella
milivella
2018-12-13 21:25:58 UTC
Just happened. Alitalia sends me the boarding pass for just the first leg of a two-leg flight, for no apparent reason. I call the support, I am escalated, even the high level support lady can't solve the issue. After thirty minutes of attempts, *I* find the solution. The lady is quite impressed: "Wow, how did you think of it?!"

"Well, you know, there's this guy and his inzaghi page..."

--
Cheers
milivella